Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Liberal Who Stays Liberal (good for him)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,123 / 3 / -10

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Word is that the liberals of the party are not happy with Obama. Some think his support of gay marriage was not genuine at all - they feel Biden forced him into it as a gaffe and that he did it to appease the left of the party.

Well I think he did the right thing ... but did he do it because he truly believes in it? Does he do anything because he truly believes in it. This could be one of the reasons he is losing the moderates right now. Voters may not always agree but they like a politician who has conviction.

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I agree.....but I think that plays against Romney, too.

I can't say for certain but it sure seems to me like Romney, over the course of his political career, has flip-flopped more than anyone.

I can't think of one thing he's "for" today that he wasn't "against" yesterday.

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

He will get mostly no Obama votes or republican votes.
    How many people will vote for him based on his beliefs?

What are they?

Obama was a man of stronger convictions but i believe Pelosi and Reid reigned him in a bit. Would he go back to his convictions in a 2nd term?

5. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +462 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

I think that the person that is damaging Obama the most is Obama. We know that if you repeat something enough then the masses will start to believe it.

Obama's message which he repeats over and over is that he can not do anything about anything. First he blamed the mess Bush left him as to why nothing he did worked, and now he blames the Republicans blocking everything he tries to do. Let's not mention the fact that he had the better part of two years to do as he wanted. Like close gitmo, get rid of the Bush tax cuts and so on. He had no problem ramming Obamacare through even though 60+% of the country was against it. Why did he wait until the Republicans could, and said they would, block him before trying to do anything about what he campaigned so strongly on?

So, his message over and over is that he is ineffectual and can not do anything to make positive changes. Unless you think someone will go back in time and erase the Bush mess, or that Republicans will magically disappear , then what makes anyone think Obama will suddenly be able to do anything in a second term?

His message is always the same and people will believe it and vote for someone else.

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I think Obama the politician is very harmful to Obama the man. He's a product of Chicago politics and it got him to the point he is at today. I believe he believes his speeches ... but then Obama the politician takes over because he also craves the power. Bush also craved the power. clinton ended up being a good President because he craved success. Obama does not crave success enough IMO - he's still stuck on power.

when Obama was running I felt Biden would be a better President ... I still believe that. I don't think Biden craves power ... politicians who crave power are the worst for us ... Carter broke the mold but ehh ... he was Carter.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  7. Hamar

Ratings:
    +462 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

The question is why would anyone vote for him when he says there is nothing he can do? He is the one saying it. What will change after the election, to let him in his second term, be able to now accomplish what he could not before?

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

sadly nothing is going to change ... and if Romney wins the GOP Congress may go nuts.

We're in trouble either way but then again we're the ones who keep voting between 2 parties.

9. Hamar

Ratings:
    +462 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

I agree 100%. It is not Pepsi and Coke it is Pepsi and Pepsi. This Republican/Democrat stuff is only a show. It is to keep America divided into "teams" so that no matter what either side does we will spend more time attacking or defending the other team rather than just want what is best for us as a country.

At this point there is no chance of change. Even if the whole country voted for a third party that third party would end up being controlled just as much as the other two are.

The only thing that will produce change is if the people actually rise up and revolt. I don't want that to happen, I don't think it will happen.

I am happy that I never had the desire to have children. I can't imagine what is coming for the world in the future.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

A Hollywood Wife Swapper speaks, in some parties they give speeches to the whole convention.. in this case, this wife swapper speaks to a right wing rag.

11. E1Downey

E1Downey Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Very happy there are people out there that see through the two party deception. This illusion of choice plays off of our tribalistic nature and destroys any hope of real change.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,123 / 3 / -10

Jug Ears was supposed to Close Gitmo instead he bought them New Soccer Balls.

Nobody is Fainting this time around no matter how beautiful his smile is.

13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

:gossip: .... shhhhh .... can you type smaller ... people are listening. ;)

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,123 / 3 / -10

i WANT aMERICA TO HEAR ME.

15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I don't think the Jet's fans are hearing you - I doubt the Dolphins come here either. :violent: