Welcome to PatsFans.com

A letter to the Tea Partiers...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 7, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

From a very biased site, admitting such is good for the soul..

Ken Kupchik: Open Letter To The Tea Baggers - Really - Air America

If interest here is a link to the constitution... don't peek, hysteria is better

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

"Also? Please stop bringing up the founding fathers. You did not know them. You do not have some sort of special access to their views on the current debate if they were alive today. For all you know, they would have voted for Barack Obama."

Honestly, that's a laughable statement. I do hate it when cornballs dress up as the Founders and then comment on politics today, but there is way to see what they believed politically - there's thousands upon thousands of pages that they wrote about their views on politics. And there were plenty of people complaining about Bush's spending. Yes, it wasn't organized, and there's no doubt a groupthink mentality going on (just like there is with those who criticize the Tea Partiers), but people trying to achieve an end of accountable gov't spending is something many will support. Yes, it should have come sooner.

I will give him this, however: at least he stoop to the hacky level of "oh look at all the tea baggers! Tea bagging tea baggers! LOLLLLL!" He was trying in an intelligent manner to address what he sees as a problem, and that's a good thing.
  3. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

At least there is a group out there collectively energized into organizing themselves. I think that show of unity against a "perceived failing" government would be appreciated by our founding fathers. That is the major thing that the constitution supports, individual expression of his or hers rights. Now we have of course found a way to bastardize that concept, but at least they are trying. We should give them that.....
  4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for posting this enlightening letter, <yawn>. Why are you and Kupchik so concerned and worried about the tea people? They appear to be enjoying exercising their first amendment rights. They're not worried about you, so why worry about them? No harm, no foul from either side.

The old saying, "mind your own business" seems to apply here. Or, before pointing out the speck in their eye, take the log out of your own.
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

1. Do not read it if it is boring, and am not concerned.
    2. There is no denial of any first amendment rights,just a letter I came across.
    3. Not worried about them, find the whole movement interesting, someday Beck et al will get it and realize that this will only divide this party more..
    4.If you could clearly delineate what is my business, would clarify what you feel that can be commented on.. until then I will exercise my first amendment rights that you feel so situationally strong about..
  6. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Fair enough, Darryl.

By the way, the Tea Pary is going to have their first official convention here in Nashville on Feb 4th through 6th. Guess who the keynote speaker is? Yup, your favorite female, Sarah Palin. Now who doesn't want to see her speak (repeat: "see" her speak)?

I'll attend one of those days if you do :) I'm sure I can find a free place for you to stay.
  7. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Cr*p. Never mind, Darryl. Don't have $350 for the banquet. Kids college fund, music lessons, and sports league take priority here. Oh well.

Dang! $350 for the banquet. The movement surely is starting out in the traditional manner.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Actually ... we are lucky to have the tea party people, the PETA people, the Code Pink people ... and all these people who make the sacrifices to be heard. Too many of us ... myself included ... simply don't take the time to be heard. If there was more of these people then Congress and the Senate would be more accountable.

It's What It's ...
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Hahahahaha, Air America, are they still around? :singing:

Boy, they sure are relevant these days. Great find Darryl. Keep em coming. It's really important to hear what these guys have to say. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

Dear sir,

If you read my first post I acknowledged the bias... to try to neutralize the ain't it awful crowd... thanks for adding valuable insight on this issue, it was quite insightful...:D:D Once again thanks for the insight.
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

Sounds like a party for the common man... BTW I love Sarah, she is the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic Party...
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

Sarah and The Tea Partys,
    The left wing media, the left wing politicians and the left wing entertainment industry will Trash, Crucify, Ridicule and Lie about them but they ARE NOT going away, just the opposite will happen they will GROW, the disgust at what Obama & The Pelosi Gang are doing to this country will make the Tea Baggers & Palin the biggest threat to the Democratic Party that this country has ever seen, they may even destroy the democratic party, remember where you heard this, I know.
    <>
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

And of course, there are no lies about Obama... the reality is that Sarah is the gift that keeps on giving...
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Who cares if it's the Tea Baggers or some other group? The thing Americans need to wake up to is that there is a growing sense of anger and frustration in America that our gov't MUST listen to the wants of MAINSTREAM Americans...they have no choice....THEY MUST!

That is the message and this message will grow and carry over into the voting booths in the coming years. So people can and will laugh all they want because that is their God-given right. But I can guarantee everyone in the current "liberal" democratic regime that they will not be laughing when these elections are over.

Because the fat lady certainly will be singing!

:D:D
  15. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My post was one of genuine surprise............. I had no idea AA was still around. I thought they went under.

Sorry I ruined your thread. :(

It was after-all such a great one. Imagine, an avowed leftist makes fun of a conservative movement........ Utterly shocking. That is SO worthy of posting/ Thanks for the news flash.
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -11

Chris Dodd Dorgan and others looking to bail out, the tea party says hi.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

They're bailing out because they see whats coming "HUMILIATION AT THE POLLS IN NOVEMBER" the Pelosi gang and President Odumbo went nuts with their new found power, they are in the process of screwing the country up and destroying the Democratic Party, many of the old time Politicians know that the elections are going to be a disaster for them so they are bailing out.

THE CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN IS KICKING IN......:singing:
  18. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Darryl, You're right that Art 1 section 8 lists the powers of Congress, BUT the 10th amendment states that all powers not specifically given to congress are reserved for the states.
    FindLaw: U.S. Constitution: Tenth Amendment

FindLaw: U.S. Constitution: Tenth Amendment: Annotations pg. 2 of 2

The biggest objection to the proposed health care reform will be not on 14th amendment grounds but on 10th amendment grounds that this exceeds Congress' power and treats the states as mere pawns and not sovereign bodies. The legislation requires states to do "x and y" such as enacting health care purchasing bodies. It is not the typical carrot and stick when Congress states, "lower the speed limit to 55 mph or we cut off federal highway funding" which is allowed.

Compare this to Medicare which doesn't require states to do anything or Medicaid ( for the indigent) which is administered by the states. The reason that the governors, even the Democratic ones oppose this bill is that it saddles the states with greater costs for Medicaid recipients by broadening who is covered at a time when states are drowning in red ink.
    Depending on which way the US Supremem Court is leaning, it may either support the legislation or spell its death knell. check out the second link above for a recent history of SCOTUS' schizo history re the 10th Amendment.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

Be the first one to tell you do not understand all the subtleties of the constitution, but the insurance companies who will be backing the states on their appeals to the SC will try every angle...
  20. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

And you did study Constitutional Law?