Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Lesson to liberals in class

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Nov 11, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A prominent Republican senator, George Allen, spent most of election night with a slim lead over his oppoent. Then at the last moment, momentum swung and he fell behind. He waited a full day to make sure all the ballots were counted including all absentee ballots, and his opponent maintained a slim lead.

So what did Allen do next...? Did he whine and moan about how not everyone's vote had been counted...? Did he complain about how unfair the entire process was...? Did he essentially insult his own base by saying they were too stupid to know how to use butterfly ballots..? No. What he did was he conceded the race he lost fair and square.

I can only imaging the whining all the moonbats in this group would be doing right now if they shoe was on the other foot.
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Perhaps he realized that he didn't cheat enough and that he better concede quick before the investigators started snooping around. It sure wouldn't be the first time a GOPer was caught being dishonest and stupid.
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah yes... typical liberal response... Republicans always cheat and they are the only ones that ever cheat. Any election a Republican won was because of cheating.

Thank you for being such a characture of the moonbat left. If I tried to invent someone like you, no one would believe me.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Let me get this straight. I'm a moonbat because Mr Macacca himself couldn't possibly ever consider cheating? The guy who had presidential ambitions only 2 years ago suddenly finding his professional life falling apart couldn't possibly stoop that low? Yeah, you're right. There's no motive there at all:rolleyes:

I'm just going to assume that the strawman bs in the rest of your post is the result of fatigue and suggest you get some sleep.
  5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Webb was ahead by 7,300 votes. There was no way Allen was going to pick up 7,000 votes on recount. (As a comparison, Bush was just ahead of Gore by 530 votes in Florida).

Furthermore, there is no "hangin' chad" problem in Virginia. All the recounts would do is to check the mathematics -- that the sum of the individual precint counts added up to the total numbers. The previous 2 recounts in Virginia added changed the vote by less than 300.

The bottom line is that Allen was never going to make up the 7,000 votes difference. He could be gracious or he could asked for recount. But there was no way he was making up the vote difference.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Thanks for the lesson in how to behave, could Allen have lost the election because of the Macacca comments? Or how about the time his goons tackled a blogger(2X I believe) who attended one of his rallies? HOw about his very confusing lineage? Allen made so many mistakes in his election on so many levels he was lucky to have done as well as he has. Somehow equating Allen with grace under pressure and comparing to what happened in a national election in Florida is a very poor analogy.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

If Allen had evidence there was fraud he should have fought it. By fighting it, win or lose, he puts the other side on notice. Obviously, he had no evidence of fraud, and if he had fought it, the recordings of threatening phone calls by his supporters to African-Americans would have received wider distribution.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

We will be leaving Iraq soon, after we are gone watch how they handle their elections :D :D :D :D
  9. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

In 2000, Palm Beach Century Village vote went to an Evangalical Christian candidate for President of the USA.

What's wrong with that you ask?

90% + of the Century Village retirement community members were identified as retired New Yorkers and Bostonians, and 80% + as Americans of Jewish heritage.

I doubt very much that games of that magnitude will be played that openly, ever again.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

The issue with liberals is that they think so highly of themselves that when they loose an election, they can't except that people wouldn't vote for them. Liberal loons think that EVERYONE is going to vote them in, so a loss must mean the other guy cheated. All you need to do is consider the sentiments & replies of the moonbats in this forum to know exactly what I speak of.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

No Real World, the difference between liberals and people like you is that we don't trust politicians and government in the way you do. We think we have to wage a constant battle to keep government it on notice that it better remain honest. I don't know why you learned nothing about political corruption after the Abramoff and Delay scandals. You are naive and ignorant of American history if you believe that election fraud is far fetched.
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think you're being a little naive of history if you don't remember how many Democrats got busted in the House banking scandal in the 90's. Conservatives trust a conservative government and liberals trust a liberal government, and that's just how it goes.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Not exactly, Pujo. Liberals always believe in transparency. That's been a key issue going back at least to the 1970s. You just cannot trust a government that keeps more than the absolutely necessary information secret.

I'm not sure what your point is about the S&L scandal. I never said Democrats are any more honest than Republicans.