Welcome to PatsFans.com

A.J. Feeley anyone?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsfan55, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I was going to post this question a couple weeks ago. Now, it seems more relevant than even before. The eagles have kevin kolb as their number 2, and obviously just got vick. So, it seems to be a perfect fit. Maybe Alex Smith and a fifth rounder?
  2. Liverpool_Patriot

Liverpool_Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0

Do we have a 5th. I thought it went to Oakland. In any case, a 4th or 5th is fine. Sure, throw in a TE, since that is a need for Philly. I suspect that Philly might request Thomas or Watson.

4. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

They can have Watson. I'd take Feeley.
  5. Patstopia

Patstopia Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Philly will need to make a deal before they have to release him on cutdown day. So I wouldn't offer any player and either a sixth or at the most a fifth in 2011.
  6. parthasas

parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

yep, Feely for Watson straight up. Feely can play ball and he nearly cost us the perfect season, so he would be a good addition.
  7. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no no. i found our back up qb. it's an old friend.

look at the Witten interview link after clicking the link below. in he background is someone talking to Jon Kitna (in a yellow shirt). That's our guy :)
    Multimedia Center
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  8. SladeRider

SladeRider Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Would be a nice pickup, not sure I really want to give up a TE or anything higher then a 5th round pick though.
  9. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Eli cost us the perfect season,Feeley almost cost us the REGULAR season
  10. parthasas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oops, I'm sorry I missed the "REGULAR" prefix. Yes, I meant the 16-0 banner and not the 18-1. Man it still hurts :mad:
  11. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Watson for Feeley? To me thats like trading in a Ferrari for a Ford...

Ok ok, Watson is no Ferrari but you see what I'm saying. I guess Ben could be a Ferrari if it had like two wheels missing........and no engine.
  12. parthasas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

:rofl: any chance BB gonna extend him next year ? thought we can salvage some value. But hey its just me
  13. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

History shows that BB usually is attracted to a player that has had the Patriots for thier b!tch when they played against him.

Feeley is one of those QBs that has pried open the Pats defense for points in the past and could be a top consideration...any other QBs out there available with the same resume of giving the Pats fits?

Wes Welker and Greg Lewis are two examples of guys that were destructive against NE and look where they are now....Feeley fits that to a tee..any others??
  14. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well his hot girlfriend does play for the womens soccer team in boston. Heather Mitts
  15. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

To be honest I'd forgotten Watson is in his final year. If his production doesn't rise I think that one answers itself...

With the added competition at TE and the fact he is in a contract year, in theory Watsons production could rise and theres probrably more value for us there for the season than there is sending him away for a guy who, fingers crossed, wont see any time at all unless it's because we're up and we pull Brady. Plus the fact for his flaws, Watson is still a decent TE. Trades just too top heavy man..
  16. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

God, no. That would be a horrible trade. You can get QBs about as good as Feeley for nothing on the FA market. And Watson's a decent player. That would just be horrible. Wait until final cuts at least and see who becomes available.
  17. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Let's hope KC doesn't release Pollard. :eek:
  18. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

AJ is NOT going anywhere! People forget that Vick hasn't been reinstated yet.
  19. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

20. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Not a chance in hell. Remember his stint in Miami with Chris Chambers and a good receiving TE? Pure awful and interception bonanza. You've got serious grass is greener syndrome.
  21. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Maybe not Pollard, but when Umenyiora becomes a FA in a couple of years and if BB is still here, bank on him coming here,BB still sees him in his SB 42 nightmares...same for Tuck when his contract is over.
  22. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Neither is Thigpen since Cassel is not only injured but no one has any ideas of exactly how bad he is. - Tyler was on the trade watch but now seems solidified in KC

If we do go for a backup it will be a reject from TB or Minny (if its Tavaris Jackson say goodbye to the 2009 season,I would rather have Favre or Rosenfels)

AND FOR THE LOVE OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD,PLEASE 'DO NOT' LOOK AT REX 'GROSS'MAN AS THE ANSWER!!!
  23. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yes,chance in hell......you're seriously talking about before he got to philly,playing with a dolphins team that major-league S-cked?

Put down the fantasy league comic books and get updated,pal.
    This is 2009.
  24. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

AJ will definitely be available because of the Vick signing, but I don't know if he's the right answer.

What about Tyler Thigpen? He's in his third year, he started 11 games last year, and put up decent numbers on a horrible team. He's young enough that he could still develop, but he's got a year of playing time under his belt.

Pioli doesn't want him around to compete with Cassel (though the injury may affect Thigpen's availability). But he'll definitely be available if the Chiefs go after KOC.
  25. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

That's awesome. We could have our own Tuck rule.
  26. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

If Pioli or McDaniels does not pick him up or maybe another AFC East team to steal the Pats playbook doesn't who will?

No team wants a surprise rejected cut from the New England Patriots unless they are desperate for QB depth or want inside info.
  27. parthasas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

28. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

They sure did, because Feeley was throwing INTs for touchdowns at a record rate.

Uh, sounds like somebody's pretty insecure that not everybody agrees with him and starts throwing around 3rd grade insults. That pretty much tells me what I need to know about you.

But I'll take a step back here and lay out my reasoning. You don't trade a league average starter for a backup at any position in the NFL. That's a net loss. And a Patriot's TE especially, where we often need 2 good ones in a given lineup. And by good ones that means both blocking and catching (Watson is at least a decent receiver, despite some drops). And you certainly don't trade a league average starter for a guy you can get an equivalent version of for nothing either on the waiver wire or at final cuts. That's just nonsense, and again is a net loss. Finally, I highly recommend you watch those Miami games. Feeley had a very good defense behind him and a decent running game and, granted a horrible head coach who had had some success with other quarterbacks, and he completely dragged that team down. He's good in Philly's West Coast offense but he sucks in another offense. Even with good talent around him.
  29. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

30. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no further comment.....just "wow"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.