Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Historic Hoax: Iraq War Intelligence Failures

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I certainly wanna check this out.

A historic hoax: Iraq War intelligence failures. This time on NOW.
    How could the evidence used to make the case for war with Iraq have been so wrong? In this rebroadcast of a stunning February 2006 NOW on PBS report, an administration insider who helped craft Secretary of State Colin Powell's landmark argument for war, which was presented to the United Nations, claims he unwittingly "participated in a hoax." On Friday, December 22, 2006 at 8:30 p.m. on PBS (check local listings), NOW reports on the serious doubts that existed about the key evidence being used by the American government at the very time Powell's speech was being planned and delivered.

"I recall vividly the Secretary of State walking into my office," Lawrence Wilkerson told NOW. "And he said, looking out the window, just musing, 'I wonder what we'll do if we put half a million troops on the ground in Iraq ... and don't find a single weapon of mass destruction?'"

Note: Starting this Friday, the NOW website at www.pbs.org/now will include excerpts from the Iraq Study Group report. Also find a web-exclusive interview between Maria Hinojosa and film critic Elvis Mitchell on his favorite films and flops of 2006.
  2. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No wonder the administration cut the funding for PBS!
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you got that right...

actually, PBS' frontline series has been POUNDING the Bush League with irrefutable reports... unfortunately, no one who's still in the "war is good" camp will ever agree to watch it... i mean, it's obvious that CIA agent after CIA agent after CIA agent after CIA agent after CIA agent after weapons inspector after IEAE official after State Department official on video saying the same thing: "there was just nothing to the story" is all just a vast lefty conspiracy...

anyone who wishes to watch the quintessential capsule of the great Con job, go here:

The Dark Side

or the out of control situation in Iraq and the complete lack of planning, go here:

The Lost Year in Iraq

or the real story behind Abu Gharib, go here:

The Torture Question

Again, I challenge ANYONE who still supports this administration and insists they never lied to watch these programs, and then pontificate to us all how we were all wrong in suggesting the Bush League lied.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 1 / -9

If a democrat wins in 2008 the Iraqi war will turn into a "good war" because the democrats will then be running it, Reid and Pelosi's boy Gates or whatever the hell his name is are already calling for more troops to be sent to Iraq.

The democrats are also getting warmed up for another war, this one in Dafur, Dafur is a "good war" because the democrats want to start it, Iraq was a "bad war" because Bush started it, but if the democrats win in 2008 and they are in charge of the Iraq war it will then be a "good war" and make no mistake about it, the democrats will keep the Iraqi war going and they may even be forced to fight Iran, but they will all be "good wars" then.
    :bricks:

When the democrats are in charge of the "Good Iraqi War" they will say they are "FREEING THE PEOPLE" God won't it be wonderful :singing:
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

like i said... you wanna fight the people who have the oil instead of the people who are committing mass genocide, then YOU go fight it... until then, how can you pontificate the justification of this collossal failure that your president was warned about for over a year before violating that country?
  6. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're right Press, the number of people who have come out of the woodwork, all saying the same thing, is astounding. More astounding is that nobody seems to be listening...

good links, I'll be forwarding them

http://www.wanttoknow.info/powerofnightmares#view When you get a free hour, try this documentary that aired on the BBC.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

unfortunately, it's just preaching to the choir ... i.e., the 90% of us rational thinkers who get 4 when adding 2+2...

the other 10% will never subject themselves to actually watch those programs... because they'll never be able to combat the statement made by countless intelligence officials .... "there's just nothing there, mr. president"

there was never anything there... NEVER.... no uranium from niger, no mobile WMD labs, no meeting with Atta in Prague, no nuclear program after the Gulf War, no plans to hit the U.S., no Al Qaeda training camps in Iraq... Nothing... none of it...

sorry La-Z-boy war enthusiasts... your heroes lied to the world...
  8. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Methinks it's time for a more pro-active choir! (says the guy sitting in a la-z-boy posting in a FOOTBALL forum)
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Why are all the new wars fought in hell-holes like Iraq, Faulkland Is., Bosnia, Kashmir, JEEZIZ! What ever happenned to wars in France, Germany, the South Pacific, Japan...you know... nice-looking places with nice-looking chicks. You want to boost recruitment, well then....
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 7 / -23

Frontline has been doing a good job, great stories with great back up, the one about "Dark Side" did a number on Richard Cheney.. saw a few this year, what concerns me most aside from the obvious lies and spin is the fraud being commited there, there is war profiteering in every conflict.. however the magnitude of what has happened in this country is so significant, so much of our cash has been stolen could be spent on some of the needy infrastructure in this country.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

still waiting for a single Bunker here to actually admit he watched the Dark Side program on Frontline ...