PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Guy Coming Back from a High Ankle Sprain is Covering Welker on Sunday..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally started salivating when I read this.

The Wes Welker-Darrelle Revis matchup made headlines both before and after Sunday's game, so we thought we'd explore who will be handling the NFL's leading receiver Sunday when the Cowboys come to town.

It looks like that duty will fall to cornerback Orlando Scandrick, who will come back after missing three games with a high ankle sprain to try to contain Welker.

“It’s a huge challenge,” Scandrick told ESPN Dallas on Monday. “They said today he’s on pace for 2,600 yards or something crazy, but going into this game, I’m going to make him work. We’re going to see what happens. It’s going to be a great challenge.”

They may be rushing a few players back based on the competition. The question is how healthy are Austin and Bryant on the other side of the ball?

They may be rushing a few players back based on the competition. The question is how healthy are Austin and Bryant on the other side of the ball?

It's possible. As we saw from Hernandez, timing could be another issue with their WR's. This is another week that I'm glad that we've got bigger DB's. I've got a feeling that this is going to be another interesting game.

Poor guy. Going from an ankle sprain to broken ankles next week. damn.

LOL, a healthy Revis couldn't stop Welker from going over 100, how is Scandrick gonna compete? Man this is one matchup to watch. You know that Brady will be testing Scandrick early and often.

12 catches 167 yards 1 td

Scandrick can't cover Welker even when he's healthy. This will be fun.

Now just have to hope that Romo makes a bunch of stupid mistakes, because if the WRs are healthy, Austin/Bryant/Witten is going to be tough to cover.

Last edited:
LOL, a healthy Revis couldn't stop Welker from going over 100, how is Scandrick gonna compete? Man this is one matchup to watch. You know that Brady will be testing Scandrick early and often.

Let's hope TB has time. Dallas can bring a lot of pressure.

A Friend of mine offered a wqager. He is a Cowboy Fan. He wanted 5 buck bet... I got it up to $20 a piece Let's go PATS!!!

(NO) Spread H2H is the bet.:):):)

I like this match up even more so now:)

Scandrick can't cover Welker even when he's healthy. This will be fun.

Now just have to hope that Romo makes a bunch of stupid mistakes, because if the WRs are healthy, Austin/Bryant/Witten is going to be tough to cover.

I don't know the strongest numbers yet (I'm seeing 53-54.5), but betting the over is probably a safe way to go.....

Based on these stats...I'd say taking the OVER is a fairly safe bet :D

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

DALLAS COWBOYS O-U-P RECORD NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS O-U-P RECORD O-U EDGE

All Totals (O-U-P) 3-1-0 All Totals (O-U-P) 4-1-0 OVER
On Road 2-0-0 At Home 2-0-0 OVER
All Totals Last Season 13-3-0 All Totals Last Season 14-3-0 OVER
On Road Last Season 5-3-0 At Home Last Season 8-1-0 OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes