Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Groupie Asks Barry "Are You Punch Drunk"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Our country is in big trouble, the Far Left Wing & Millions Of Politically Correct Racists have given the Whole Country Of America to a "silly Kid" to play with.
    Below is is one of his own MSM Groupies asking him if he's "punch drunk"

News today:
    President Barack Obama said he believes the global financial system remains at risk of implosion with the failure of Citigroup or AIG, which could touch off “an even more destructive recession and potentially depression.”

His remarks came in a“60 Minutes” interview in which he was pressed by Steve Kroft for laughing and chuckling several times while discussing the perilous state of the world’s economy.

“You're sitting here. And you're— you are laughing. You are laughing about some of these problems. Are people going to look at this and say, ‘I mean, he's sitting there just making jokes about money—’ How do you deal with— I mean: explain. . .” Kroft asked at one point.

“Are you punch-drunk?” Kroft said.

“No, no. There's gotta be a little gallows humor to get you through the day,” Obama said, with a laugh.
    This bastard is laughing while millions of people are losing their jobs, their homes and they're feeding their kids Corn Flakes for supper.
    Dear God
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I gotta part from my usual bashing of Barry this time..........

WTF do you want him to do? sound desparate? its the last thing that the national psyche needs

people need to relax for a change.....being uptight is actually helping drive this recession
  4. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The thing is, Obama's in the public eye SO MUCH, trying to campaign for his economic policies, etcetc-his campaign strength was talking to the people and in view of his slipping pol #s he's simply trying to do what he does best. But times are different now, the hope and change mindset isn't as strong as it was, so people are less forgiving.

It might be better for him politically to just lay low for awhile,let some of his maelstrom die down a bit :bricks: jmho
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Gotta disagree. I don't want him to act uptight. I want him to act presidential. In command. Like a leader. HUGE differences. Knowing when to, and actually laughing appropriately is a huge part of having a commanding presence.

This was an inappropriate time to be giggling, given the weight of the conversation and the depth of the questioning. He doesn't have to be somber or grave, but confident, or even upbeat is fine. Instead, he's giggling like like a 5 year old that just heard the word penis.

Nobody's saying he has to be a stiff, but he does have to be presidential and respectful, or nobody will listen to him or respect a fukcing word he says in the future.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

well....the being presidential part is also not a big deal to me.......I own my own business and I dont act the part.....

I think your opinion is partly do to the notion that you don't like him to start with, so you pretty much jump on him for anything........I don't like him either, but I refuse to think that this is an issue in any way........

find something more productive to burn your mental energy on
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Saw the interview, taken alone it is worse than it was in the entire context..
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Excuse me if I don't in anyway see the correlation between you as a businessman and the leader of the free world :rolleyes:

You are right, I don't like the guy's POLITICS, and like them less and less everyday. I also think he's beginning to demean the office of the president quite REGULARLY. I also actually hated when bush did it to (and he did a lot, just differently) and gave him crap for it. You may not give a crap, but some people think that is important.

You can disagree if you like, and choose to give him a pass on him giggling his way through a serious economic interview and that's fine, but don't presume that everyone will feel that way. If he was giggling through a less serious topic, like the NCAA picks or HIS OWN bowling skills, then there's no issue. That's an altogether different setting and would not care in the least.

Let's make a deal. Don't presume to tell me what I should and should not spend my "mental energy" on, and I won't presume to tell you either. Not that I ever have.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I can't help but wonder if this will be the last time the nation elects a leader to the highest executive position in the world, when said person has never even run a lemonade stand. Hmm...probably not unfortunately.

To think that the alternative was another guy missing lemon stand experience, and you can see why I voted for Monty Brewster. :(
  10. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

ok....let me make it simple then.........whining about this is ridiculous.......if you understood dialogue in even a remote way, you'd understand that what he is doing was intentional.....he went out of his way to do it and I, for one, understand why.......

as for the mental energy...........it was not a presumption of anything......it was a recommendation........its your decision to do with it what you want.........so no deal, because I don't care what you 'presume to tell me'

if it was the guy you voted for, you would have had no problem with it
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Gee, I'm sorry I posted this, I didn't want to upset anybody all I was trying to point out was what a friggin childish pompous arrogant a$s hole the President Of The USA is.
  12. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

but for entertainment puposes, he rivals your religious zeal
  13. Roland

Roland Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The people had the chance to elect Romney, McCain, Clinton, Ron Paul even. But the people including some delusional here were more concerned with a world group hug, prisoner rights, abortion rights, and taxing the industrious among us. Stupid Americans the foreigners have it right.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

My religious zeal is many times (needling the Lefty Loons, they despise Jesus Mary And Joseph) they're scared sh!tless of God because God "f--ks up their lifestyle.

Forgive Them Father For They Know Not What They Do

GO AND SIN NO MORE

F-CK DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
  15. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

actually, god doesn't do anything........except give humanity free will

its the religious freaks who think now that they've cornered the market on something who have scared off the less faithful.........

you wouldn't happen to be Rulon Jeffs????
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Is that Mrs Jeff's son....:confused:
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's OK, HB, your heart was in the right place. :p

But, you know what? Barry ought to do a few more reefer madness interviews. LOL. It keeps things light. Can't get all heavied out, eh. Look at the Market today: Dow up, what, 480 or something?

But gallows humor is not going to pay the bills. There's still tons of stuff that needs cleaning up. Starting with no more CRA phantasies.

//