PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A great offense is a balanced offense.....we have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the pass production though jeese looked like a lot of dbs blitzing.

I simply love the ground and pound we have done the past 2 games....this kind of balance empties the clock,puts less pressure of Brady and keeps him from injury and also keeps a defense which has struggled at times on the bench.

I wish we continue to do this and the sky is the limit if the ground game continues to have success.

BTW: Matt Light DOMINATED in front of the run today...a much appreciated effort from a player who some thought was done.

In honor of the final time consuming drive, does this mean we will get a one week reprieve from your continual "commentary"?

Koppen is a FA after this season.

Maybe now you and Sean will feel a confident enough not to pick against the home team...;) Must be something in the PA water....

Lol...maybe I should pick against the Pats every week...it's worked 2 weeks now :)

We have a good balanced attack now, let's just see if we're patient enough to use it when it matters!

BJGE not only kept them honest, he destroyed them today. Nothing sweeter than a clock killing drive to close out a game.

yeah..that's it...must be something in the PA werter :D

What happened to the pass production though jeese looked like a lot of dbs blitzing.

Combination of things:

Brady holding the ball
Brady confused
Great coverage downfield
Miscues along the offensive line with Welch/3rd TE
Gronk missed some time(?)

I'm really loving the balanced attack of the past few games. Being unpredictable is what will help us win more games as just sticking with throwing it down the field becomes VERY predictable. My only concern coming out of this game offensively is making sure Brady is getting better protection. I felt he got sacked too much in this game. Thankfully knowing BB this concern will more then likely be addressed just like anything else that can be learned from.

Ghost of Dungy on NBC just said the "big winner(s)" of the day were BJGE and the Pats running game :eek:

I agree it's there for Pats if BB wants it. Pats offense is designed to pass 1st run 2nd with 2 TE weapons & Welker. Mixing it up giving BJGE majority of snaps with Ridley is a nice running attack. Hopefully BB will have enough confidence to run it more. This will definitely keep opposition's D guessing.

Waters was a huge pickup for us ... he's gotten up to speed and now we hope for health for all of them.
I'd like to treat Waters to some Swedish hookers and a bottle of the finest Scottish whiskey if I may. He's been huge for the Patriots.

That was better than a "respectable" running game today, That was a dominant performance, especially in the 4th quarter. This team is better than the 2010 edition and the defense is improving.

This is a normal post.

Last years team was also better than the 2007 one, a lot of fans said. After every convincing win we have fans telling this is better than the previous years just because we lost in the playoffs, forgetting how good we were during the regular season.

Good game by run offense. I think Brady not getting enough credit he got beat today I forget how many sacks he took but he was gettin hit alot and be didn't looked phased by it at all.

Maybe now you and Sean will feel a confident enough not to pick against the home team...;) Must be something in the PA water....

Can't just be the water. I live in PA too.

Hey Mo

It's not PA H2O.

The low IQ types are herded into the Philly area.

Last edited:
This is a normal post.

Last years team was also better than the 2007 one, a lot of fans said. After every convincing win we have fans telling this is better than the previous years just because we lost in the playoffs, forgetting how good we were during the regular season.

Hmmm....well I think the 2007 team was the best NFL team of the 00' decade, by far! They just ran out of gas in the end, IMO!

This is a normal post.

I wasn't that upset about last year's playoff loss because, 14-2 or not, they were deeply flawed. This team is SIGNIFICANTLY better on offense in the following ways:

2011 Welker>>>>2010 welker
2011 Gronkowski>>>>2010 Gronkowski
2011 Hernandez>>>>>>>>2010 Hernandez
Waters at G + Connolly at C>>>>>>>Koppen at C + Connolly at G
Ridley>>>>>>>>Sammy Morris
Ocho>>>>>>>>???

This is just a fact. From what we've seen so far, our pass rush and secondary is more talented than last year's edition, and the results are starting to show up. IMO, this team is clearly far more talented than last year's edition, and I would rather have this offense than the 2007 version because that team couldn't run the ball and they were too reliant on Moss.

Remember watching the 2011 draft and scratching your head? Well this is exactly what BB was planning and the fruits are starting to be seen. Draft a franchise quality tackle in round 1 (Solder), follow up with 2 RB prospects in rounds 2 and 3 (Vereen and Ridley), then take a chance on a talented OG in round 5 (Cannon). And there you have it, upgraded running game.

When you have a Jets defense featuring Darrell Revis, you've got to have ways to keep the defense honest so they cant just tee off against the past. The Pats OL and RBs paved the way. Pounded the ball down the Jets throats, made them respect the run, and that opened up the passing game a little. Brady passed for over 300 yards, Law Firm rushed for over 130. Just a great all-around and balanced offensive effort. We just may have seen a preview of this team's offense in January. And OK, do you want to know the SCARY part for the rest of the NFL?

This offense has not even reached its PEAK yet! That's right, there were points left on the field as Brady mentioned in his post-game interview. When the Pats offense finally puts everything together and plays a mistake-free game at the height of execution can you even begin to imagine the destructive FURY they will unleash against NFL defenses? It will be totally AWESOME!

Makes you wonder if a different game plan might have won that playoff game last January

I think the team has FINALLY decided,less Brady,more run.
Brady threw for 320 yards today. We ran more than we passed because we were running out the clock.

....and it's about time,we have the ammo both in the air and on the ground,now we need to use it.
We have never not run. As BB says we want balance, we want it every week. We happen to have the GOAT at QB in his prime, so we will throw the ball a decent amount.

You could just see the Pats defense late in the game looking as fresh as if it was the first quarter because they didn't have to be out there and waxed by the 4th quarter....this is how you keep a defense improving,keep them from getting sweaty.
I really didn't see a difference in that regard.

Combination of things:

Brady holding the ball
Brady confused
Great coverage downfield
Miscues along the offensive line with Welch/3rd TE
Gronk missed some time(?)
Brady holds the ball when no one is open. Brady does not get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back