PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A great example of stupid media questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=29527&pcid=82&rss=1

Q: Obviously the events of the first week of the season will be rehashed this week leading up to the game. What will be your approach this week and will there be any extra motivation for your team?

BB: We’re going to approach it like every other game.

Q: Which is?

BB: Just the way we’ve done all of them - Come in, look at the film, get together a game plan, try to figure out the best way to attack and defend them. Try to win.

Q: And extra motivation?

BB: We’re going to do the same thing - We try to win every week, believe it or not. It may not look like it at times, but we do. We try to play our best game out there every week and we try to win every week, so we’re going to try to win this week.

what is he supposed to say ? Yes were are extra motivated ? . Well not only that...
here is an example of an article which is written around this

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/11/sports/football/11patriots.html?ref=sports

“We’re going to approach it like every other game,” Belichick said. “Get together a game plan, try to figure out a way to attack and defend. We try to win every week, believe it or not. So we’re going to try to win this week.”

Of course they are. The Patriots have won 13 consecutive games now, many of them in blowouts and Belichick and the Patriots are nothing if not disciplined. In his post-mortem Monday, Belichick faced nine questions relating to the Jets, videotaping and sanctions and he answered every one in the same monotone, as dull as the gray of his cut-up sweatshirt and the cut-off sweatpants he had rolled into shorts.

“I’m telling you, we’re going to approach this game like we approached the last one and the one before that and the one before that,” Belichick said.

Nobody in the rest of the N.F.L. believes that.

so why ask this question when you are not going to believe it ?...

i for one hope we win a decent game and dont go overboard trying to embarass someone because it takes us out of our element and gameplan and iam sure thats what they will do. not only that , it gives credence to the theory what we wanted to embarass opponents in the previous games which i believe we didnt .if we happen to score we score ..and thats all we did last few times.
i also think the jets will play much better defense than the last time.

I don't think they're going to do anything tactically different, but I do think there is going to be a great week of practice ("Practice!") and all of the players will be supremely motivated to whoop the Jets, and they won't need Belichick to say anything because the players themselves will be motivated to do their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back