Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Good Point Made On That Hate-Filled Liberal Guy's Show

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Feb 23, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know that uber-liberal ridiculously mean spirited comedian-commentator with the show on HBO...? This week it was roughly 60 minutes of making fun of old people (because, ya know, McCain's old... get it..?)... but between that, one of his guests made a fantastic point... I want to give proper attribution but I honestly can't remember his name, so I apologize for that...

Basically what he said was that Obama's charm and his wink-and-a-nod routine is (obviously) working on the American electorate but people are going to be in for quite the surprise when it doesn't work on world leaders. You think Ahmad-jihad is going to giggle like a schoolgirl when he sees an Obama speech..? Or Chavez will get that special tingle in his leg...? Of course not.

There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed liberals by 2010...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Imagine Prince Boom Boom going to China and laying one of his "Orgasm Speeches" on them, they'll run over him with a Tank.

Four years of Saturday Night Live.

Al, Jessie & The NY Times will be monitoring everything, around the clock, if there are any Imus big mouths in the Media, Senate or Congress they better Duct Tape their faces.

I hope this Prince Kid gets nominated though it will be worth it just to watch Pant Suit and Blue Dress go slinking off to Billy's library.

If poor Old Mccain becomes president imagine what the Bush Haters will do to him.

:bricks:

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 18 / -17

There are two possibilities, and oddly enough the left and right are betting on the same one, namely that Obama is at heart a liberal and his moderate campaign rhetoric is just political posturing.

The other possibilty is that Obama is sincere about his moderate politics, and that it's more important that the nation stay hopeful and be unified than it is to push a particular agenda. I think many independents and young believe that. But, the interesting thing is that apparently there are a number of respected Republicans who seem to like Obama -- people like Chafee and Powell -- this article has a good take:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/107476

Either way, I figure we win with Obama. If he turns out to govern from the left, I'll be pleased. On the other hand, he is does unify our country and help reduce the political polarization, I'll be happy with that, too.

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's funny how it's already started... the same show I was talking about above had a very curious comment from the hate-filled host... After 7 years of talking about how Bush is a "chickenhawk," this same commentator took McCain's and his family's stellar record of service to our country and used it to accuse McCain of being some sort of war-monger.

So if you've never served, you're a chickenhawk. If you have served, you're a war monger. :rolleyes:

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are you kidding..? Obama could announce a platform to turn America into a communist country and he would still win. As Hillary has learned, you just can't beat a guy that the media has annointed and is doing everything they can to get elected. The politics of personal destruction have already begun against McCain. Of course, the same media attacking McCain has a tingling feeling in their legs for Obama and his racist wife.

But there's going to be an awful lot of disappointed liberals come 2010. Just like right now all the morons that thought Deval Patrick would "change" things in Massachusetts are disappointed today.

6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Maybe Bush can just stay in office, we know he really charms Ahmadenijad and Chavez. Or maybe McCain can come in and dazzle them with promises of 100 years more in Iraq and threats of attacking Iran or trying to assassinate Chavez (again).

By the way, the genius that made those comments was David Frum, one of the architects of the Iraq war and the outstanding bastion of diplomacy that is the Bush doctrine of "give me your resources or I'll kill you."

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, he just doesn't kowtow to them like the left does. I know you admire rumpswabs like Sean Penn and Joseph Kennedy, but God help us when those people are running things...

8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

what exactly is a "rumpswab?"

and God won't need to help you because Chavez will:D

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Eh, it's a 'EEI thing... I might be spelling it wrong, but never mind...
    Typical liberal... but I notice you're not up and moving to Venezuela so I guess that kinda makes you a hypocrite, now don't it..?

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 18 / -17

I'm no huge fan of Obama. Politically, I liked Edwards best, but I'm very happy with Obama because: (1) He's generating enormous excitement among young people, blacks, and others; (2) almost everyone agrees he's an inspiring, whether you like him or not; (3) he knows how to run a campaign. I think his campaign will out-Rove, out-Swiftboat, out-Rush the Republicans. And for you to complain about the politics of personal destruction somehow rings insincere. Republicans have used it since Lee Atwater, and quite effectively, too, and sadly it's now the way the game is played, though this time maybe it won't just be Drudge with the juiciest stories.

So, what do you think?

http://www.farfromglory.com/john_s_mccain.htm

Lastly, how do you know the media hasn't manipulated you just as much as it's manipulated Obama supporters? There's no way for you to know that since you derive just about all of your knowledge about politics either directly or indirectly from the media. If the media is really good at what they do, you'll think you aren't being manipulated. :)

11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Yes, because liking what another leader is doing for a third world country means I shouldn't live in a country that has more resources and quality of living or else I'm a hypocrite. By that flawless logic any leader in any country I wouldn't want to live in over America is automatically a failure unless I want to be "hypocritical" and recognize what they've done for their country. Brilliant.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, it's OK to like other leaders of other countries... There are many world leaders I have come to like and respect... but when you like the leader of another country who is constantly bashing America, and you hate America, American values, and the things America stands for... well that just makes you quite the hypocrite now don't it..?

13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Newsflash: the Bush administration is not America. Chavez hasn't bashed America he's bashed our government's policy towards Venezuela. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't hate the poor Americans he's given oil to. But I forget in the twisted logic of the world you live in, criticizing the President means you hate America. I suppose we can look forward to hearing your glowing praise of Obama if he becomes President then? Would you say you hate Venezuela?

14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah yes... seems we have another foolhardy liberal that thinks Chavez is just being oh-so-magnanimous with the crumbs he throws to the American left... I didn't think people that stupid could actually exist, but thank you for proving me wrong :rofl:

15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

great response. When all else fails just call the other side stupid. When can I expect to see you on a world class debating team?

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

LOL... Maher, while oddly effeminate, is a riot... His first show back with the writers was especially satisfying, with New Rules returning...

I think the comment you're referring to was the McCain Zombie Army, which included a picture of his ancient staff behind him at the podium, and which earned one of the biggest laughs of the night.

17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I actually agree and do find the guy really funny when he's not being mean spirited... I mean, IMHO, he did go a bit overboard bashing John McCain this week (we get it Bill... John McCain's old)... and "New Rules" is usually hilarious... :D

But I was a bit pissed that, after 7 years of bashing Bush for not being in the military, he is now bashing McCain for being the product of 3 generations of men who served in the military, and with children in the military :mad:

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I gotta see it still. McCain should not be called a war hawk unless he suppoerts war for its own sake. Not sure whether he does or not. Given his experiences related to war, I would expect he would hate it. Not sure about McCain. Cant figure him out yet. Same for Obama. Too bad Paul won't run third-party. At least he comes at you straight.