PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A good, hiiiiilarious memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
...to get us through the last days of pre-season:

The Pats absolute ass-kicking of the Steelers in the AFCCG in Pittsburgh and how shocked their fans were, especially after Givens TD, Rodney's pick/TD and Branch's waving bye-bye TD. Just watching this DVD makes me laugh my head off. Talk about sweet.

Here's to more of the same in 2007-2008.

Last edited:
That game got uncomfortable in the second half. I was so glad when Cower went for the FG instead of the TD when they were down 14.

That game got uncomfortable in the second half. I was so glad when Cower went for the FG instead of the TD when they were down 14.

Yeah....that was a terrible decision.

I loved the squeeler fans reaction when rodney ran the int back. Priceless.

Yeah....that was a terrible decision.

I loved the squeeler fans reaction when rodney ran the int back. Priceless.

I loved Vrabel's block on Roethliesberger on that runback...

yes, that game definitely got too close for comfort

in fact, last year's championship game reminded me of this game, except this time the Pats didn't bounce back when the opponent made their run

I was at that game. It was the coldest I've ever been. I was sitting by myself amongst a sea of Steeler fans. At halftime, all they could say was "Brady's gay!"

As the game wound down, they were fighting themselves in the stands. I went down onto the field for the celebration and got a hat. The interesting part was walking back to my car. Man, that was a fun night.

I don't get these fans and their sense of entitlement...like they had already won the game just by showing up.

Like the Charger team last year. They were in shock. As if there was no way they could lose the game.

The other thing I don't get is the feeling that the Patriots can not celebrate a victory.

I work with an Eagles fan and he says the Pats have a reputation for being classy but they are classless for celebrating. They were mocking TO's dance. If anything they are demonstrating how classless these clowns are for celebrating when you haven't won anything yet...just like mocking the lights out dance. First win and then you can celebrate...that's the difference between the Pats and the pretenders.

Bruschi was a little over the top after the Colts spanking, but, guess what, they won, he earned the right to celebrate.

If you're the opposing team...you congratulate the winner and get the hell of the field so you don't have to watch them celebrate. It's their time.

We've all been there.

I loved Vrabel's block on Roethliesberger on that runback...

Yeah, it was PRETTY good.

I just remember being pissed that the Steelers already had rooms booked for the Super Bowl. My Dad and I said there's no way the Patriots can lose this game and still be considered respectable. I was also pissed about the halftime show during that game.

Note About The Fans: I went to Hienz last year. The fans did not get up for the game or anything. I've sat in the end zones for an AFC Champ game in Gillette and a regular season against the Bucs; the atmosphere was exactly the same, Rediculously crazy.

Coolest memory at Hienz, seeing Lynn Swan with his "Swan For Governor" hat and sitting closer to the game than him.

Last edited:
At least they had all those towels to wipe off their tears.

I was at that game. It was the coldest I've ever been. I was sitting by myself amongst a sea of Steeler fans. At halftime, all they could say was "Brady's gay!"

As the game wound down, they were fighting themselves in the stands. I went down onto the field for the celebration and got a hat. The interesting part was walking back to my car. Man, that was a fun night.

I was at the Denver playoff loss and was amazed at the venom opposing fans have for Brady. There is obvious dislike for the Pats success but the anger being shouted at me (I was sitting by myself as well) about Brady was suprising. The walk back to my car after the Denver loss was brutal with tough guys coming out of the darkness and pushing you and running away. Much more fun at San Diego last year.:)

I don't get these fans and their sense of entitlement...like they had already won the game just by showing up.

Like the Charger team last year. They were in shock. As if there was no way they could lose the game.

I don't know if that is limited to just one or two teams. Because if a Colts fan read this board prior to Colts AFCCG they would be able to make the same statement.

I am sure that holds true for just about every team's fan base. How many fans go into a Conference championship game believing that their team will lose?

I often watch it on 3 Games to Glory. Personally I think its better than the Colts spanking because throughout of the Steelers game they show James Farrior talking crap and we just pounded the living hell out of them.

Oh and on the SB DVD they show the ******ed Steelers announcer saying, "The Pats maxed out last week, they left it all on the field. They aren't hungry but the Steelers are very hungry for this one." Stupid idiot.

As the game wound down, they were fighting themselves in the stands.
Apparantly that happens a lot in Pittsburgh. I was there for the game in '05, had a chicken wing thrown at me by a Steelers fan who missed and hit another Steelers fan, then they started going at it. I just walked away while they were jawing.

How the heck did you get into the field? I was there too. Without a doubt, the LOUDEST crowd I've ever heard at a football game. And very, very cold. I'll never forget the Steelers getting booed off the field at the end of the first half when we were up by 21 ...

I do respect Steelers fans, though. They are very passionate. One came up to me after the game and said, "Beat the Eagles." They're OK folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes