Welcome to PatsFans.com

A good ad

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

3. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Sorry,

Wrong on both counts.

I love the ad. But not cause I think it is any good. Because it is factually based on a lie; it is a pointless ad.

But that is why I like it. The more often Move On goes wasting liberals money on useless ineffectual ads promoting an agenda with absolutly 0 chance of doing anything the better. And the less chance they actually try and do something I would have a problem with like coming up with an actual agenda for what they are for instead of finding everything wrong with republicans.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

Gumby, it's not factually based on a lie; at worst, it's based on an interpretation of facts that some (not even all Republicans) dispute. From a political point of view, associating Bush's views with Nixon's famous remark is not likely to win Bush any new support. Your reaction would have been predictable if I had not expected more from you.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

Say whatever you want, but illegal wiretaps are clearly illegal and this is agreed to by both sides of the aisle. If GWB wants to do this change the law, if not he is the same as Nixon.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Totally agree with your post, Boy.
    ...but wiretapping is still unconstitutional without a warrant - don't you agree?
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I expect an honest answer whether or not I agree. Boy shouldn't be dismissed so easily. He has been here for 8 decades and, IMO, has a lot to offer. The most important thing is not to have someone agree with me.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Yes I do agree and I am sure Bush will pay dearly for it once the "Uncle Teddy Gang" can prove it. BUT, CAN THEY PROVE IT.

Everything the Bush Haters have come up with to pin on Bush has blown up in their faces since day one.

They started with the DUI and have worked themselves up to the most recent one, wiretapping, they scratch and search for anything that they can use to destroy their president and they constantly come up with NOTHING.

What will happen this time. (wonder what Dan Rather has to say about this "new one")
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its not a lie...its just that the right wing whackos are completely delusional... completely and utterly, hopelessly manipulated by Rove and the rest of Bush's criminal propaganda outlet. Goebbels is alive today and his name is Roger Ailes/Rush Limbaugh/Rupert Murdoch.