PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Gem from January: Gregg Doyel calls Patriots fans, media "arrogant", predicts Colts victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrogance is an affliction, not something earned.

Further, what did Patriots FANS do, exactly, to earn the "right to be arrogant? Was that FourierSeries I saw intercepting that pass at the goal line in the Super Bowl?

Further, what did Patriots FANS do, exactly, to earn the "right to be arrogant? Was that FourierSeries I saw intercepting that pass at the goal line in the Super Bowl?
1. We cheer the loudest.
2. We're the most loyal fanbase. We never turn on a player, coach, executive or owner.
3. We have the most faith in our team, even when the chips are down.
4. We have the best sports media in the country.
5. We're clearly the most knowledgeable fanbase with a number of fans who'd put our GM to shame.

1. We cheer the loudest.
2. We're the most loyal fanbase. We never turn on a player, coach, executive or owner.
3. We have the most faith in our team, even when the chips are down.
4. We have the best sports media in the country.
5. We're clearly the most knowledgeable fanbase with a number of fans who'd put our GM to shame.
None of that earns us the right to be anything except good fans. Arrogance is something the team has the right to display. They won the Super Bowl. We didn't. We just cheered them on as they did.

The Colts lost the game but managed to damage our entire franchise in a way far more than any one game ever could. For them I'm sure its Mission Accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes