PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A friendly bet (prediction) for Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do better than that; cheating had nothing to do with it. You had a rookie QB who sh!t the bed and a coach who just couldn't win the big game (until 2005).

Plus, you had a bunch of ****y players who fully expected a repeat of the Halloween game; no such luck.................

;) Nah. It's true, I don't believe that. I was just busting chops. It's extremely difficult to beat the same team twice in the NFL. Although, some of your fellow pats fans of the more arrogant and ignorant sort will refuse to believe that your team is even close to beatable. This will only make it hurt worse when the time comes.

I disagree that we had bad players though. We won 15 games and a rookie QB. No one in the AFC has ever done what they did that year.

STEELERS SUCK!!! BIG BEN IS A BIG BABY!!! I hope your talkin big after the Pats kick your asses. So shut up and wait your turn!!

See? Here is an example of an arrogant/ignorant (and probably "lightly" educated) Patriots fan. HE is the one that gives the rest of you a bad name.

Name calling, tough talk and some curse words. I'll bet that's all you have.

Last edited:
Warden, my post got edited; the word I used was not what you thought it was. You had a bunch of GREAT players on that team, but they were full of themselves prior to the game and thought a repeat of Halloween was going to happen.

I agree with you, it is difficult to beat a team twice.

That said, should I want the Patriots to win Sunday or lose; if they win, they fall into the above framework, if they lose, they won't lose twice, right?

Not sure what I want now...............maybe just a well played game with no injuries and no bad calls...........

Warden, my post got edited; the word I used was not what you thought it was. You had a bunch of GREAT players on that team, but they were full of themselves prior to the game and thought a repeat of Halloween was going to happen.

I agree with you, it is difficult to beat a team twice.

That said, should I want the Patriots to win Sunday or lose; if they win, they fall into the above framework, if they lose, they won't lose twice, right?

Not sure what I want now...............maybe just a well played game with no injuries and no bad calls...........

You're in the hole I'm in with debating the Dec. 9th game. Well, we're not going to root against our teams right? What will be, will be.
I do wish we would have played you guys in like week two though.

Aside from Sunday, I think the December 9th game will be a true test of how good the Patriots are or are not. The weather will be a factor and I doubt if they will be pass happy at that juncture, so we'll see what they are made of going up against the #1 ranked defense in the league.

Best of luck the rest of the way until the 9th.............

Aside from Sunday, I think the December 9th game will be a true test of how good the Patriots are or are not. The weather will be a factor and I doubt if they will be pass happy at that juncture, so we'll see what they are made of going up against the #1 ranked defense in the league.

Best of luck the rest of the way until the 9th.............

Thank you.......I can't seem to bring myself to type "good luck Paa..." How about good luck for an injury free season instead. :)

Works for me, we'll go with that.

I hope that BB asks him to bring some videotape along with him when he signs. :D

Ya know, this one time I'm going to say that signing this ex-Steeler could potentially do more harm than good..... Hmmmm. On that note, maybe Tomlin is smarter than BB and counted on the Pats signing him and gave him a "substitute" playbook? ;)

Also, don't let him get on you for being on a Pats board. He used to give me crap about being here but shortly after that I saw him on Finheaven.
People give you crap about being here because you made a bet that if you lost, you would leave this group. You lost, and you did not honor the terms of your own wager.

Don't quote your favorite stat of the day and pretend you know everything about the wonderful game of football. We can all toss out our favorite/chosen/selective statistic to create our desired effect. And if that stat (a 2 point difference in QB rating!!!???) was the best you could do to counter the FACT that the Steelers have the overall #1 ranked defense in the NFL... you have some nerve trying to paint me as unknowledgible. I'm not claiming your chosen stat is meaningless, but certainly, if one looks hard enough, you'll find something in your favor. Just hop down from your pedistool now.

Okay, the shut your hole thing was a bit much, but your point was the Pats needed the Steelers waste to make their pass D better, when they appear to be quite equal at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back