Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Friend From Long Ago

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

This was a boyhood friend of mine from long ago "1940's" i wanted the people on here to see what he accomplished and he did it all on his own, I grew up with his whole family in The Cambridgeport section of Cambridge Ma (greasy village) he was as we used to say "a good kid"

Click the link, you may be hearing about him in a few days, he was a trailblazer.

Charles L. Gittens Obituary: View Charles Gittens's Obituary by The Boston Globe
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

Re: A Friend From Long Ago (click it)

I had to bump this, this guy did this all on his own and he will probably go down somewhere in a history book, I hopped trucks with him, I swam naked with him off the BU Bridge Trestle, I am very proud of him as were all the guys on our corner he was one of us we were all poor, we were all on welfare together during the depression, we all went home to cold apartments and ate corn flakes for sunday dinner, I knew and hung around with his brothers, Charlie never whined or blubbered he did this all on his own, he sat at my table and ate with my family shortly after I was married, then he took off like rocket, nobody handed Charlie anything for nothing, he wouldn't have taken it anyway.
    RIP Charlie (you know who)

Click this link, read his story.

Charles Gittens - Telegraph
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

I read it Harry.... He seemed like a great man with substantial accomplishments.

Sorry for your loss.

RIP !
  4. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

sorry for your loss.

hmmmm.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011