Welcome to PatsFans.com

A filthy Culture A filthy Country

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

Imagine a group of people, imagine a culture, imagine a perverted cruel sh!t infested court of law, imagine other human beings (pigs) sentencing a beautiful young girl like this to be Lashed With A Whip 93 times in this day and age, where is the outrage from the "Good Muslims" throughout the world against this kind of savagery, why isn't there a worldwide revolt against "fanatical islamic horror savages" why is the world silent, why are our own simpering, squealing, slobbering bastard do-gooders silent.

Iran actress sentenced to one year in jail: report
  2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Lashes are the least of her problems while in the custody of the "Holy Men" of Iran.
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Okay I'm agin' it.

Now what ya got?
  4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

I mean seriously, Harry. Aren't you one of the ones screaming and crying about getting our troops home from Afghanistan? Isn't it possible, if not likely, that the "savages" (i.e., people with human rights abuses we don't make excuses for, as opposed to the good human rights abuses we do make excuses for,) will take power again?

Aren't you remotely conflicted that you're basically calling for action against Iran, when you're also calling for bringing home troops from Afghanistan?

Okay I loudly and vociferously reject whatever the hell it is your latest link is about.

Now what?

Shall we invade?

Shall we make air strikes against Iran?

Shall we set up a puppet state there where no actresses get 93 lash sentences, or whatever the hell it is you're up in arms about today?

Or do you mean, "why doesn't everybody devolve into extremely vituperative rhetoric so as to help deflect from those human rights abuses against which we do have some reasonable expectation of having a measurable effect"?

Holla.

PFnV
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

yup, for once you're absolutely right, harry.

Of course, what this also demonstrates are the dangers of governing based on religious beliefs, the dangers of unjust laws impeding individual liberty and the dangers of unnecessary cruel and violent punishments for so-called "crimes."

funny, though, you only call out the "do gooders," by whom you presumably mean libruls. What about the righty "do gooders" who think the government is incompetent unless wearing a uniform or putting a citizen behind bars?

As usual, there's plenty of hypocrisy to go around -- although in the case of the guys you like, the hypocrisy is seen in their stances in our own nation.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

Our troops should be out of all that "Islamic Sh!t" let the Crooked UN deal with the friggin animals, we all thought The Savior Obama was going to end those wars now they are worse than ever, take care of America let the UN save this girl from those dirty dogs, we should be busy guarding our own borders.

WHERE ARE THE WAR PROTESTERS WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM THEY VANISHED FROM THE FACE OF THIS EARTH THE DAY THAT GOLDEN THROAT JUG EARS WAS CORONATED.

DEAR GOOD MUSLIMS
    THE IRANIAN PIGS ARE GOING TO LASH A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG GIRL 93 TIMES WITH A BULLWHIP, CAN'T YOU PLEASE "SPEAK UP"
    THANK YOU
    YOUR FRIEND
    HARRY

:bricks:
    ALLAH ACKBAR
  7. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What, in your view, are the "human rights abuses against which we do have some reasonable expectation of having a measurable effect"?
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just further evidence that the Hollywood wife swappers, who love Iran and hate America, would be the first ones in front of the firing squad if their beloved leaders ever took hold here.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

Who in Hollywood has actually swapped wives?

The only wife-swapping incident I know of was Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich, and they were Yankees, not Hollywood types.

-----------

Why do so many Republicans hate Americans?
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Perfect example: Khadaffi, who has been buddies with U.S. presidents since W, starts losing his grip on power, and saying that he'll mow down his own people indiscriminately.

Righties: Why don't you do something why don't you do something!!!

Obama commits the U.S. in air support of NATO to getting rid of Khadaffi.

Righties: Whaaaaahhhhh why did you get us in another war!!!

(Same righties on some other day): Whahhhhhhh why didn't you get us deeper in another war!!!

Libya's a place we could have an effect, and it was potentially much worse than one actress in a movie tweaking her local dictatorship's nose getting sentenced to 90 lashes.

PFnV
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Another possible example: just saw on Morning Joe that our Afghan allies are systematically torturing captives. For that matter, there is the matter of torture both through rendition and also at our own facilities, of captives from all over the world.

In both of these cases, whatever other arguments you can raise, you can't say we have little influence over the matter.

The OP would like us to condemn "a filthy culture a filthy country" then goes off on a good old-fashioned froth-fest about Iran.

Fact of the matter is, it's Iranians frothing about Iran, not Americans, that will either fix these sorts of things or not.

The fact that the OP thinks the human rights abuse-ee is a beautiful girl is somewhat beside the point. She's very brave to have taken the risks she did in making her film. What can I say, I'm beside myself w/rage at the Iranian state. Happy happy joy joy we're all very angry.

Now whattaya gonna do about it?

See that's where this thread fails. Well, that and hating on the entirety of Persian culture for the actions of a radical state apparatus.

PFnV
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

They do it at their "Coke Sniffing Partys" the Kennedy's and Billy Blue Dress loved Hollywood.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

I think the simple solution is what I've stated many times here on this board...

The entire developed world should publically mock countries that have adopted hard-line "Sharia-law" as their national law. Why can't president Obama and dozens of other leaders just publically condemn these practices?

Make fun of them on an international stage. It is what these countries deserve.

15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

i.e., no answer -- got it

-----------

btw, why do you have a problem w/coke if you want drugs legalized? Do you think no neo-cons do drugs, whether coke, booze or anything else? (I bet meth is a particularly popular illegal drug among lower-income pubbies.)
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

There is no reason to "mock" sharia -- but the abuses that stem from it should be (and are, I bet) condemned by us.

There's no reason to provide even greater fodder to those who think or claim we're waging a war on the Islam religion. As much as some "conservatives" would like, we aren't in a holy war -- nor do we want to be.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

I did not say "The US should..." do this, I said the entire civilized world should.
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

What I wrote still applies -- particularly w/regard to the US.
  20. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Here's a list of human rights abusers

China
    Saudi Arabia
    Iran
    North Korea
    Bangladesh
    Somalia
    Syria
    Yemen
    Libya

Should they all be mocked and lampooned on the world stage?

Wait I left one off this list

Death Penalty 2010 statistics - graphics | Amnesty International

Two points:

1) We'd have to lampoon our allies too, or we'd be hypocrites
    2) Most international monitors of human rights abuses now include the death penalty. Even if the death penalty is "okay" (because we do it,) torture's not, and lately, we've taken up torture.

So where exactly is our moral authority to lecture Iran? We've given them so much ammo to call us whatever we call them.

I'm fine with it, but you've got to realize the people we're lecturing about, and the people we're lecturing to, aren't Americans. To have that bully pulpit, perhaps counterintuitively, you can't also be a bully.

PFnV