A Few Random Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
that may be on other threads that I missed :

As great as Moss' 51 yard catch was, I liked the catches better when he used his length to reach out and grab the ball above the defender or that allowed Brady to throw to the sidelines and let Moss reach out for it. Brady has never had a receiver with wingspan like this.

Watson may have been our best weapon last year in the passing game and he's almost an afterthought now.

NFL record or not, Hobbs has better not do that again . . . please. However I'm good with him returning kicks - the risk/reward of him there leans towards the reward in close games.

In the two Pats-Jets games since Mangenius took it to Belichick, Belichick has screwed the Mangina by a combined 75-30. Don't f*ck with Belichick.

The drive chart says :

TD
Punt - due to Welker wide open drop
FG miss
TD
TD
TD
FG
TD

What's my point ? The only team that stopped us was us. The fumbled FG hold and the wide open Welker drop. Every other drive was a FG or TD.

Good observations.

I don't know where else to put this, so I'll just try here. For anyone that saw the game, obviously I didn't, how did Ad look today? Haven't heard much about him. Same for Sanders too if there was anything worth mentioning.

I need to go back and watch the replay but Thomas was active on pass coverage in a few instances - he had an easy INT on the first series that he dropped. He is huge, he literally makes Bruschi look small. Someone else can comment on his run defense but we stuffed the run except for a few runs - I guess we'll get a good look at this next week.

that may be on other threads that I missed :

As great as Moss' 51 yard catch was, I liked the catches better when he used his length to reach out and grab the ball above the defender or that allowed Brady to throw to the sidelines and let Moss reach out for it. Brady has never had a receiver with wingspan like this.

Watson may have been our best weapon last year in the passing game and he's almost an afterthought now.

NFL record or not, Hobbs has better not do that again . . . please. However I'm good with him returning kicks - the risk/reward of him there leans towards the reward in close games.

In the two Pats-Jets games since Mangenius took it to Belichick, Belichick has screwed the Mangina by a combined 75-30. Don't f*ck with Belichick.

The drive chart says :

TD
Punt - due to Welker wide open drop
FG miss
TD
TD
TD
FG
TD

What's my point ? The only team that stopped us was us. The fumbled FG hold and the wide open Welker drop. Every other drive was a FG or TD.

I don't know if you were watching ESPN and Brady's press conference but he also said like you just did - "WE BEAT OURSELVES A FEW TIMES" - That shocked me instead of what he usually says which is something like "they stopped us on a few drives"

That means one thing,The Jets defense was at the mercy of NE and Brady all game and there was virtually nothing they could do about it and if the offense did not make a few errors in judgment during a couple of plays the score might have been 58-14

Last edited:
I don't know if you were watching ESPN and Brady's press conference but he also said like you just did - "WE BEAT OURSELVES A FEW TIMES" - That shocked me instead of what he usually says which is something like "they stopped us on a few drives"
No I didn't see that but it just kicks me in the ass that they literally didn't stop us once. The only punt was on the WIDE OPEN drop that was otherwise a first down.

Moss made those sideline catches look so easy. Definitely another dimension added to the offense.

POENIX111
"how did Ad look today"
AD looked solid on the run and great in pass coverage. I know he deflected 2 passes and I think there was a third. He seems to be able to stay with just about anybody.

Last edited:
POENIX111
"how did Ad look today"
AD looked solid on the run and great in pass coverage. I know he deflected 2 passes and I think there was a third. He seems to be able to stay with just about anybody.

Thank you reflexblue, the comments are much appreciated. This poor sap here couldn't see the game, and since it wasn't that close, I'm sure they won't put it on NFL Replay either.-But I am definitely not complaining about the outcome.;)

I'm really interested in AD though because living in Baltimore I have seen plenty of what he can do first hand, and in person too sometimes I might add. I was just curious as to how well he had integrated himself into the Pats' system. Here's to hoping he continues to progress. :eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back