PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Few Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
- Brady never plays two bad games in a row. We should smoke the Jets next week.

- Chicago, @Miami, @Jacksonville are the only tough games we have left. A bad game can come any time but we should win the others even with an average performance.

- More excellent kickoff returns from Maroney last night. It didn't help us get a win but will help over the rest of the season if it continues.

- Excellent game from the Front Seven on defense against the run and on the pass rush.

- Dillon and Maroney still look like a big time pair for the second half. While a lot of people wanted more running, we did run for 148 yards last night.

- We're still going to make the playoffs. While that is insufficient as a good season by itself, we have eight weeks left to get some stuff straightened out to make sure that we aren't one and out in the playoffs.

- We still have two #1 picks in April :)

That's about all I can think of.

I thought that Rosy Colvin played a pretty good game for the most part last night.

Kevin Faulk really had a good game also (hehehe)...

Matt Light had a great game against Freeney. Usually he needs help, but not last night.

Regards,
Chris

The best thing was Vinatieri did not come back to haunt us.

Gostowski actually out played Adam.

Jimke said:

I think the DBs actually started playing up and not backing off so badly in the second half. They were probably told to, and, guess what, all of Gillette Stadium didn't cave in. I hope they continue this next week. Last night they were giving the Colts 10 - 15 yards carte blanche even though, as good as they are, I don't think they're burners.

Jimke said:

These guys actually experience nerves and get affected by it. It's like Johnny Damon was about 1 for 19 in his first series against the Sox. Later in the year, of course, he murdered them in Boston Massacre II. :mad:

Well, I think there are a number of positives to take from it.

First off, we coughed the ball up 5 times, and still had a chance to win or tie it at the end. (But a TO killed us in the end). Personally, had we scored a TD at the end, I would have gone for "2" to either win it or lose it right there. Risky, but that is what I would have done. I would not have chanced OT.

The defense played pretty well, except for a few bonehead mistakes after they stopped them on 3rd and longs, which gave them new life a few times. They were aggressive and hitting hard. Just wish they would have Manning a few more times hard (Not hurt him, but just pop him good a few times).

I think we have a potentially killer running game in the making, which should really help TB in his passing game down the line.

EZ76

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I thought that Rosy Colvin played a pretty good game for the most part last night.

Kevin Faulk really had a good game also (hehehe)...
Yeah but it seems that he's becoming this season's Willie McGinest getting all of those stupid penalties.

Alk said:
Yeah but it seems that he's becoming this season's Willie McGinest getting all of those stupid penalties.
Was it just me or was his late hit due solely to a really late whistle ?

BTW, Colvin has had a couple of bad personal fouls a year it seems like, this is nothing new. Although I faulted the whistle not the player last night.

How about Seau? If there was any doubt about him fitting into this defense I think we can safely say he's removed all doubt and indeed looks very much like the best running partner Tedy has had at ILB. He's playing at a high level at run stuffing ILB

D-cleater said:
How about Seau? If there was any doubt about him fitting into this defense I think we can safely say he's removed all doubt and indeed looks very much like the best running partner Tedy has had at ILB. He's playing at a high level at run stuffing ILB
Yeah, that was a bad oversight on my part. Well done to Seau. I have no concerns about the run game on offense or defense - it's the pass game on both sides that's a problem right now.

When you look at the Turn over differential it is amazing the game was as close as it was.

We also don't need trick plays against the Colts pound the rock use the PA pass to burn Sanders when he comes up to support the run.

BelichickFan said:
Was it just me or was his late hit due solely to a really late whistle ?

BTW, Colvin has had a couple of bad personal fouls a year it seems like, this is nothing new. Although I faulted the whistle not the player last night.
It might have been a late whistle but that was just plain dumb. The play was going nowhere and it just looked like he tried to walk up and get a little punch or slap in. No good was going to come from that and it didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes