PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Few of Denver's Splits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tatum Bell, 7.0 YPC in first 8 games, 3.9 YPC in last 8 games.
Mike Anderson, 4.5 YPC in first 8 games, 3.9 YPC in last 8 games.

:D

Jake Plummer, 12/3 TD/INT ratio in first 8 games, 6/4 in last 8.

Scoring, 25.1 PPG in the first 8, 24.75 in the last 8.

The scoring wasn't reflective of it but the offense slowed dramatically in the second half of the season. After their leading rusher having 100+ in 5 out of the first 8 games (and 98 in a 6th game), their leading rusher had 100+ in just 1 of the last 8 games (with a 98 and 97, too).

The bottom line is their offense really wasn't that good in the second half. Their defense was very good, though. If the Patriots offense is it's normal self and, especially, doesn't turn it over, our defense should have a good chance to hold the Broncos to 17 points or so.

Meh...Tom's first half during the regular season game was one of those mechanical issues he goes through a couple of times a season (see: KC game)...

Only way Denver beats us is if we stink up the joint and hand it to them. Denver is by NO means the better team.

Someone post a position-by-position comparison and then tell me where Denver has ANY major advantage beyond a week off and home field.

One good split for Denver is Lelie went from 339 yards to 431. Putzier went up too but only 50 yards over 8 games, less than 10 yards more per game.

I like the matchup, two RB both averaging 3.9 YPC the last 8 games and no real 3rd WR to take advantage of our CB depth problem.

Here's another good stat. Denver only has 28 sacks on the year, 3rd fewest in the NFL.

Broncos beat the Pats earlier this year. We had a 21-0 lead then we sat champ out for the rest of the game and thats when you guys caught up. The Broncos should win and hand Brady his first playoff loss.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Here's another good stat. Denver only has 28 sacks on the year, 3rd fewest in the NFL.
Yes another good stat is Champs career high 8 Int.

24champbailey said:
Broncos beat the Pats earlier this year. We had a 21-0 lead then we sat champ out for the rest of the game and thats when you guys caught up. The Broncos should win and hand Brady his first playoff loss.

Gosh. Guess who we were missing then?

I'll give you a hint. Our only RB was Patrick Pass. And our ILB's were Chad Brown and Monty Beisel.

But, yeah, Champ "rested" the second half. Keep trying to keep the bad dreams you'll be having (and the awful reality you will experience Saturday) at bay.

Last edited:
Sey was out and Starks was CB, too.

jczxohn1 said:
Sey was out and Starks was CB, too.

You're right! But Denver Denny says "Champ rested the second half, so Denver wasn't at full strength".

I sure hope his team is a clueless as him and thinks they are facing the same personnel that came in there in October.

Last edited:
so whose injured for this game saturday? I want to know what your excuse will be when you lose. "We couldnt win because (enter players name)".

24champbailey said:
so whose injured for this game saturday? I want to know what your excuse will be when you lose. "We couldnt win because (enter players name)".

It's January. The Patriots own January. And half the roster you see Saturday, you didn't see in October.

So keep calming yourself with the "We beat the Pats in October" line if that is what will keep you from a nervous condition this week.

shmessy said:
It's January. The Patriots own January. And half the roster you see Saturday, you didn't see in October.

So keep calming yourself with the "We beat the Pats in October" line if that is what will keep you from a nervous condition this week.
your right, pats win this game 5,000 to zip. :D

"whose" is a possessive pronoun...you're struggling to find the correct third grade English word "who's". As in "so who's injured for this game"...bone up on your "**** and Jane" introduction to English textbook and come back next year for another stab at it.

Joker said:
"whose" is a possessive pronoun...you're struggling to find the correct third grade English word "who's". As in "so who's injured for this game"...bone up on your "**** and Jane" introduction to English textbook and come back next year for another stab at it.
awe thats cute.....grammar smack.

24champbailey said:
awe thats cute.....grammar smack.

Ah

Well then

A Denver mouthpiece

Tell me please...

....where do the Broncos hold advantages in this game?

Matchups please...

Here's one: Belichick v Shanahan: Advantage--New England

Here's another: Brady v Plummer: Advantage--New England

It's easy--you try it!

24champbailey said:
your right, pats win this game 5,000 to zip. :D

That's ridiculous.

The number 7 doesn't multiply evenly into 5,000!

Last edited:
Flying Fungi said:
Ah

Well then

A Denver mouthpiece

Tell me please...

....where do the Broncos hold advantages in this game?

Matchups please...

Here's one: Belichick v Shanahan: Advantage--Denver

Here's another: Brady v Plummer: Advantage--New England

It's easy--you try it!

Belichick v Shanahan: Advantage--Denver

Brady v Plummer: Advantage--New England

Rod Smith vs. Pats secondary Advantage-- Rod

Pats defense vs. Broncos run game Advantage-- even

Brady is 9-0 in the playoffs for a reason HOWEVER Shanny puts together one hell of a gameplan. Same goes for Belichick but in 3 of the last 4 meetings Shanny got the best of the Pats, losing only a thriller with third string QB Danny Kanell at quarterback . I wasnt impressed with your peformance against the Jags. If you think that perfomance can cut it against the Broncos at home you are delusional. I know the final score was 28-0 but I thought the Pats played sloppy.

shmessy said:
That's ridiculous.

The number 7 doesn't multiply evenly into 5,000!
I figure there would be 1,000 touchbacks and 1,000 field goals. :D

Last edited:
24champbailey said:
Belichick v Shanahan: Advantage--Denver

Brady v Plummer: Advantage--New England

Rod Smith vs. Pats secondary Advantage-- Rod

Pats defense vs. Broncos run game Advantage-- even

Brady is 9-0 in the playoffs for a reason HOWEVER Shanny puts together one hell of a gameplan. Same goes for Belichick but in 3 of the last 4 meetings Shanny got the best of the Pats, losing only a thriller with third string QB Danny Kanell at quarterback . I wasnt impressed with your peformance against the Jags. If you think that perfomance can cut it against the Broncos at home you are delusional. I know the final score was 28-0 but I thought the Pats played sloppy.

I'd give you Smith in any individual matchup, but Shanahan over Belichick is a stretch. Shanahan's job has been in question for years, and while the Broncos have had a great season, you are picking your coach over one of the top 5 head coaches in NFL history (arguably top 2). 5 rings, only coach to have a defensive game plan in the HOF, etc etc etc...

I'll go one further--Denver Receivers over Patriots' Secondary, but Patriots front 7 over Denver's OL/Plummer.

Not saying it will be a gimme, but I like NE's chances...

24champbailey said:

Luckily, no one. So you won't have any reason to whine that you weren't beaten by the best.

BTW, in case you were wondering the Pats were missing the following:
Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk, Matt Light.
Randall Gay was about 80%.

If you are stupid enough to believe that missing 5 starters doesn't mean something, well , that just goes to show your lack of understanding of the game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes