PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A few notes from the Bills game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I only just got a chance to watch the game as it was blacked out in the uk on game pass. I avoided the result to watch today.

The Front 7 looked very good vs the run and pass.

Our safety play is poor it's clear they seem lost when the seems are attacked.

The Oline done a great job in both run and pass pro.

Game planning was key for us. The bills built a D line to come for Brady so we ran it at them. in the second half after they went after Brady so hard in the first.

We only had two run plays of 20 yards or more and put up almost 250 yard and 4 td's

Brady and fitzpatrick were almost identical in all stats except INT where as Fitz had 4 and brady had none.

All the running backs got Yards after contact even Vereen on his 5 yard catch he went forward and his run he was hit 2-3 yards in the backfield and got back to the line.

Our WR's blocking was a shock to me every one of them were blocking on every play.

Tavon Wilson's tackling is very good. Steve gregory's is very bad I don't think it will be long before we see more of 27 and not just at slot corner.

McCourty looked good played the trail tech very well to get the first pick and jump on an underthrow ball in tight man to man way for him to start taking the chance's he had. Shame he dropped 2 last week vs the ravens or he would be on 4 pick now.

It looks like Moore is our other outside corner and seems to be ok he gives 100% even if he is not as talented as Dowling who is not getting snaps and seemed to struggle to get much jam off the line in put coverage. Which is a shame many of us including myself though he was going to have a great season, there is time yet but he needs to sort out hat ever the issue is. maybe it is that Moore will give 100% all the time and is being given that shot.

Gost was a total shock missing 2 FG's I think last week really missed with his head glad Bill put him in to kick when it didn't matter as a confidence booster.

Meskos punting and the coverage team done an outstanding job

Spikes is a monster!

Hightower and Jones are both strong players who have made this D instantly better.

Mayo is a total machine he can do it all rush the pass cover guys and tackle everything. jackson's catch over him was a great play by the bills Mayo was in place and jackson made the play.

I feel for lloyd a bit he is at his best when the QB just put it up and he has to go get it, excelling in tough catches Brady doesn't throw many of them he will go elsewhere. I am sure Brady will give him several more like his TD in front of him. He's already better the Ochocinco by numbers.

Welker still has a lot to give to this team and will put n everything he has to win. The patriots are clearly using Edleman to show him that his value is not as much to the team as he thinks and are preparing for life after him while he still offers that safety when we need it most.

Gronk is still not back to what he was, he is not making all of the catches that he was before his injury/big contract.

Tom Brady is still the comeback kid. He performs so much better coming from behind.

580 yards WOW!

Nice observations. The front 7 did look alot better against the pass this week namely Ninkovich. I think I actually saw him getting good pressures and he did get a strip sack as well. Maybe if the Ravens didn't get away with so much holding we would have seen our 4th straight impressive defensive performance to open the season.

Here's a note everybody overlooked...

CALL OUT THE NATIONAL GUARD...BIG VINCE IS KILLING EVERYTHING!!!!

We beat a below-average team that got blown out by the Jets in week 1. Just like we beat a below average team in week 1 that got people here are excited.

Folks, we need to beat a good team. Then I'll start drinking a little kool aid.

Last edited:
We beat a below-average team that got blown out by the Jets in week 1. Just like we beat a below average team in week 1 that got people here are excited.

well, considering our record could easily be 4-0 w/o replacement refs or 4-0 w/ reversing two FG attempts at the end of our two losses...

you shouldnt be so hard, this team is good

Woodhead scored the game winning TD v.s. the Cardinals who are 4-0 and the FG did not go through the upright v.s. the Ravens who are 3-1. :D

We lost two game by a combined three points.

I'm not worried about being able to hang in their with the better teams and better defences.

and for the grace of whoever you believe in should have had both of those games.

But onwards and upwards. Concerned by the throws Fitz made in the 2nd quarter.

We need to improve on giving up big plays.

"we have lost all of our games by X points or less"
"we have always been competitive"
"if not for the refs, we'd have won"

The chorus of loser teams. Winning teams somehow don't need to say those things.

Listen, I am excited too, let's just be realistic. We haven't beaten anyone really good yet. We have not come through in the big games, in the final minutes. This shouldn't make us think we are good, it should make us worry.

However, I am optimistic, that we will improve as the season progresses and won't need so many excuses from the loser chorus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down