PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A few NFL thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe the debate isn't pointless at all - maybe its the Colts system of having good WRs and TEs that's made Peyton Manning appear so great!;)

Don't forget that PM has been recovering from an infection and the resulting weight loss. I'm pretty confident he'll soon be his ol' self. That isn't saying that you're assessment is faulty, but that if it's based on the first two games, the health issues could lead to a misjudgment.

i'm sorry...but this makes no sense to me. are you joking?

If you're not....then if anything, cassel's success proves that it's more our system than it is the QB, which takes away from brady. and manning still won games for them even when harrison, gonzalez and clark were out last year. the only real receiver he had was wayne for a while, but still had solid numbers.

Yes, you're correct. The Patriots' 56-0 beat down of the Chiefs followed by the 44-17 beating of the Jets in the first two weeks of this season go a long way to prove that it's the Patriots system and not the quarterback.

Yes, you're correct. The Patriots' 56-0 beat down of the Chiefs followed by the 44-17 beating of the Jets in the first two weeks of this season go a long way to prove that it's the Patriots system and not the quarterback.

:rofl:

Ten char.....

going into the season i wanted a NEP NYG rematch in the Super Bowl. right now, i dont knwo what i want. although i want the pats in the SB, the NFC looks good

going into the season i wanted a NEP NYG rematch in the Super Bowl. right now, i dont knwo what i want. although i want the pats in the SB, the NFC looks good

I wouldn't cry if it's Pats/Lions.

Don't forget that PM has been recovering from an infection and the resulting weight loss. I'm pretty confident he'll soon be his ol' self. That isn't saying that you're assessment is faulty, but that if it's based on the first two games, the health issues could lead to a misjudgment.

PM's problem has less to do with his physical situation than it has to do with the health of his RB and O-line. Until those situations improve, PM is going to look pretty mediocre. Have no fear tho. Bob Sanders will arise from his own wake to play the Pats.:D

The Giants' running backs and Manning looked good in the first half against the Redskins, then the Giants did nothing for the rest of the game. The Redskins played inspired ball in the second half of the season last year, but I would not call them a good team or a playoff contender this year.

As for beating up on the Rams in week 2, the operative question is "who won't beat up on the Rams this year?" I'm not going to say the Giants are not a good team, but the best team? Not unless they get the number 1 position by default until they lose. And they will lose.

I would say in the NFC East it's Philly, Dallas then New York. Philly barely lost to Dallas in Dallas without its top two receivers, who will return. I am interested in seeing who wins the GB-Dallas game. Other than Green Bay, Carolina might become relevant, but that team has a hard time keeping its key players healthy and stumbles as a result.

In the AFC, I will wait a few weeks to say anything about Denver. After the "record setting" defense that completely came unglued a couple of years ago, I never feel that team can sustain its performance. I figure San Diego will recover and take the AFC West easily. I would have placed Jax in the playoff hunt, but the loss of those key lineman and historical reliance on the running game kills them. I would bet Indy recovers and takes the division. As for the Steelers, they have the same feel as last year and proved to be also-rans. In the hunt, but ultimately irrelevant. The Philly game should prove interesting as a measuring stick for the Steelers. As their QB is already grumbling about his shoulder, the latter part of the season might prove difficult for them.

Buffalo is a good team. They were young last year but put up a fight against some good teams. I suspect their stock may be inflated this year given the competition thus far, but I thought they were the second best team in the AFC East, and still think they are. As for the Pats, if Cassel continues to develop and gels with his receivers, they will pose some problems in the playoff picture. Whether they are the AFC favorite or the 2005 Patriots remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back