Welcome to PatsFans.com

A fantastic Obama quote

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a great quote. Anybody know what ever happened to this guy?

"The problem is is that the way Bush has done it over the last 8 years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from 5 trillion dollars for the first 42 presidents, number 43 added 4 trillion dollars by his lonesone, so that we now have over 9 trillion dollars of debt that we are going to have to pay back. 30 thousand dollars for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."

Whoever spoke those words sure made a lot of sense. Where did that guy go? Anyone seen him lately?

Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Funny how candidates change once elected, huh?
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

They change in some ways, and get ***** slapped by reality in some others. I don't so much as fault Obama for having to ask for a debt limit increase, as much as I fault him for being such a big spender. i.e. I think people could live with extending the debt limit short term, if their were a plan in place, or actual action being taken, to significantly cut spending moving forward.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Politicians are not very respectable trustworthy people, they are for the most part, Trash.
  5. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

I for one am tired of hearing people give Obama a pass by saying that he had no idea what he was getting into. I know you are not giving him a pass, but plenty of people have.

If I go to a job interview and I tell my potential employer of all the great things I can do to help cut the company's costs, improve safety standards and so on... And, then after 3 or 6 months on the job everything i said I would fix/improve is now worse... Well, we all know what happens at that point.

Of course if you live in the fairytale land of politics you say whatever you want to get the job, and then do whatever you want after you get it.
  6. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obama spent more in 3 years than Bush did in 8 years.