Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I havent posted all week, but what a disgraceful display...........by the posters on this board.
Ive heard things such as:

The team doesnt care.
Brady doesnt care.
The defense stinks (they stil havent allowed more than17 in a game)
A conclusion that Tom Brady likes older people to confer with, and has a psychological disorder that he doesnt want to play well because he has plays called by someone as young as him, appraently deciding his job is to decide whether he is happy, rather than play football. This of course came from the perspective that every OC sucks so to prove that we can pstychoanalyze a QB.
That we need a miracle to beat the BENGALS, yes the BENGALS.

Where have you all been th elast 5 years?

Please redirect me to the time during this DYNASTY that we showed up every week, everything worked, we never had any problems, never lost, won 50-0 every week and had the best 11 players in the NFL on the field every play.

We lost ONE GAME. To a good team.
In 2003 we lost to Buffalo, and the Redskins in the first 4 weeks. In week 5 we had a miraculous comeback to beat Tenn. We almost lost to Houston. We barely scored on offense vs the Giants and Browns.
WE WON THE SB.

SB WINNERS HAVE FLAWS. We have flaws, every team has flaws.

Based on the first 3-4 games of a season, we have never had a team good enough to win a SB.

Teams that win in January and February improve from Sept/October. There are zero teams in the NFL that could win a single playoff game if they do not improve from today forward.

Why are we taking flaws, or weaknesses in week 3 and projecting them as doom, and something that is certain to not improve? Its silly.

This team will improve.

In 2003, doom hit when we lost to Buffalo. What happened?
In 2004, doom hit when we had injuries when we lost to Pitt, and Miami.
Last year, half way through, fans were saying our D was so bad we had no chance to win a playoff game. We ended the year with the consensus on this board that we were playing the best D in the NFL.

This team will improve, it always does.

The season will not fall short because of Tom Brady.
The defnese is ahead of last year at this point, and will progress as it always does.

Last weeks game means one thing. We have one loss.
There is NOT carryover from one performance to another. What went right or wrong one week is no lock to continue right or wrong the next week or the rest of the season.

Let the team play.

Anyone who is giving up on this team, no doubt gave up MANY times in 3 SB seasons. Look back to week 3 of those 3 SB seasons and we had as many or more questions, problems, concerns and issues.

The NFL is NOT about getting a team together and then playing out the cards. It is about BUILDING A TEAM over an ENTIRE SEASON.
Since we have the best coaching staff in the NFL, we will likley progress further from now until January than anyone else. Look back to 01,03,04 and even 05. The things this team was the worst at in its first 3 -4 games were among the things they became the best at by their last 3-4.

Its easy to say ignore problems, in BB we trust.
Its harder to accept that THAT IS THE REASON TO TRUST IN BB, because what he is best at is addressing the problems the team has in the first half of the season, so they are not problems, and many times strengths in the playoffs.

I dont know how a fan base can be depressed that we have problems, when we have 3 Lombardi's PRIMARILY BECAUSE we have the best problem solver in the business.

As long as we stay 'in contention' through the first half of the season, there is absolutely nothing to worry. The way we play in December and January will not resemble the way we did in Sept and October, because what happens now, leads to what happens after. The job of the coaching staff is to correct and imnprove DURING the season. It appears the job of fans, at least on this board, is to give up, and expect the coaching staff is incompetant, and one bad day in one area today, leads to 13 more than are even worse.

Its ridiculous.

AndyJohnson said:
As long as we stay 'in contention' through the first half of the season, there is absolutely nothing to worry.
That basically sums it up. I really hope we win today. But if we don't, as long as we win next week we head into the bye at 3-2 and 3-0 in the division. Today would be a nice win, next week is the critical one.

Can't agree more Andy. We've been through a lot worse over the years, that's for sure.

Cant agree more, thats why I have stared clear of posting.

To make it a trifecta:

Can't agree more, Andy.

It seems this extreme negative attitude is only in recent years. There are a
lot of bandwagoneer's here now and they are the first to jump off and/or start
complaining. This board wasn't always like this.:(

:rocker::yeahthat::agree: 101101010

Well Andy, while some of what you say is true, I'm noticing that an awful lot of people are basing their opinion on what WILL happen this year based on what DID happen in years past. While I'll agree that Brady and Belichick may be the best in the business, just because something has always happened in the past doesn't mean it will continue to happen. There's that old joke that the definition of mental illness is doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting a different result. In pro football, the definition of mental illness is doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting the SAME results. I'm sure that Brady, Belichick et al are doing their best to get the team on track. But for any number of reasons (departure of veterans, age of some players, talent level of others, off field distractions, yada, yada, yada) it may not be enough this year. Maybe it will but it's not blasphemy to say it may not.

Count me in on this train of thought.
I like our chances today.
It seems to me, that a lot of people around here have completely lost perspective.

AndyJohnson said:
Since we have the best coaching staff in the NFL, we will likley progress further from now until January than anyone else.
\

That statement was true once upon a time Andy but not anymore. The coaching staff is still good but it remains to be seen whether our current co-ordinators will rise to the heights of Crennel/Weis.

Will the team improve as the season progresses? It's likely. Will they be capable of making a true SB run...I'd feel more confident if the talent level on this team were higher. I think that we generally over rate our players due to past success; you know the whole 3 SB thing. Those victories mean *nothing* this year.

usmcmgb said:
Well Andy, while some of what you say is true, I'm noticing that an awful lot of people are basing their opinion on what WILL happen this year based on what DID happen in years past. While I'll agree that Brady and Belichick may be the best in the business, just because something has always happened in the past doesn't mean it will continue to happen. There's that old joke that the definition of mental illness is doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting a different result. In pro football, the definition of mental illness is doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting the SAME results. I'm sure that Brady, Belichick et al are doing their best to get the team on track. But for any number of reasons (departure of veterans, age of some players, talent level of others, off field distractions, yada, yada, yada) it may not be enough this year. Maybe it will but it's not blasphemy to say it may not.

To correct the post:

Benjamin Franklin: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting DIFFERENT results."

QB12

See: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/benjaminfr109067.html

i also agree but one thing, is anyone else getting annoyed at threads saying how they are disgusted with threads here. This must be what, the 7th or 8th thread started to say how disgusted someone is. Yet things havent really changed.
I think the best way to move along the forum, is to start making good threads. Get good discussions going, and then the threads of Brady retiring will go away.

thank you for your thoughts.... I dont know what has been wrong with people (probably mostly trolls and newbies) since this season started. This it the most negative 2-1 team I have ever seen.

patpatriot said:
\

..I'd feel more confident if the talent level on this team were higher. I think that we generally over rate our players due to past success

What teams have BETTER talent level than ours in key positions?

While I fully agree with your points about the Pats and feel they are indeed in great shape if they merely beat Miami and go into the bye week at 3-2 (not that I wouldn't be over the moon about a win today), I wouldn't say that anyone here who is concerned about the team and its injuries so far is "disgraceful".

The ones who are pathetic Chicken Littles are the ones who do not back up their contentions with well thought out facts. There are some areas of concern, no doubt, but on this board, FACTS talk and you-know-what walks.

shmessy said:
While I fully agree with your points about the Pats and feel they are indeed in great shape if they merely beat Miami and go into the bye week at 3-2 (not that I wouldn't be over the moon about a win today), I wouldn't say that anyone here who is concerned about the team and its injuries so far is "disgraceful".

The ones who are pathetic Chicken Littles are the ones who do not back up their contentions with well thought out facts. There are some areas of concern, no doubt, but on this board, FACTS talk and you-know-what walks.

That's the way it used to be Shmessy. Many of our recent additions come from the new age school of thought that when they join an existing board it becomes whatever they want it to be. And quite a few of them, like a few who have been here for some time, are determined that this board is a place for them to come and vent or rant or spew baseless opinions and anyone who objects is a whiny assed loser who thinks anyone's opinion really matters here. Of course they are mistaken because Ian's opinion matters. But I for one am beginning to assume by his more and more conspicuous absence that quantity trumps quality these days. And while he's expanded the number of moderators their responsibilities seem to be limited to injecting as little control over the operation and tenor of the board as possible. IMHO anyway.

were not the same team, in years past, sorry to break the news to ya

frankiesfly said:
How do you know it's only week 4. Bill Belichick's teams have a history of striving in the later part of the season. Or don't you know that about his teams.

frankiesfly said:

No we are not. That doesnt mean we are worse though. A sure way to ruin a dynasty is to try to stay the same with the inevitability of changing players.
We were not the same in 04 as 03 or 03 as 01.
Some things today are better than any of those teams. Some are not. As this team evolves, we will see how these pieces fit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back