Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Dirty Rotten Racist Democrat

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Herman Cain& the loony lefts trouble with black conservatives

The loony left isn't to be confused with the traditional left, or your run of the mill democrat. They are not one and the same. At any rate...

Video:
    MSNBC's Karen Finney on Herman Cain - YouTube

MSNBC Analyst: GOP Sees Herman Cain as a 'Black Man Who Knows His Place'

5:01 PM, Oct 28, 2011 • By MICHAEL WARREN

On Martin Bashir's television program this afternoon, Democratic strategist and MSNBC analyst Karen Finney said that Republicans are supporting Herman Cain because of his race:

"One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy," Finney said. "I think he giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think he's a black man who knows his place. I know that's harsh, but that's how it sure seems to me."

"Thank you for spelling that out," Bashir responded.

This isn't the first time liberals have made this kind of charge about Cain and his supporters. During an online production of NBC's Meet the Press this week, Democratic congressman Elijah Cummings of Maryland said white voters support Cain to show they aren't racist. “I think when [members of the Tea Party] can vote for a Herman Cain and hear him say the things that he says they feel like, ‘Well, you know, I can, I support this guy and...so it shows that I’m not racist and I’m supportive,'" Cummings told host David Gregory.

Liberal comedienne Janeane Garafalo told Current TV host Keith Olbermann earlier this month that Cain is popular with Republicans because it "hides the racist element" of the party.

MSNBC Analyst: GOP Sees Herman Cain as a 'Black Man Who Knows His Place' | The Weekly Standard
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
  2. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Herman Cain& the loony lefts trouble with black conservatives

useless trivia:

Bill Maher last week bet his panel $1 million to win $1 that Cain would not win the nomination. He was that confident, and did not back down when pressed on it.

He said it on national television. If I could find the link, I would post it.

Penn Jillette chimed right in and gave Maher a dollar. "I don't believe Cain's gonna win, but those odds are incredible" he mused.

Heck, I'd have agreed to give Maher $100 for those odds.

On point, Cain is being used as a political tool, and I doubt he even realizes it. His latest two commercials show he's completely out of it, and running a fairly laughable campaign.

He's not gonna win.

I can see Maher's point, but it's a little dramatic to be risking $1 million dollars to four people. Not that he'd actually pay up, but whatevs.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

One of the conservative posters in the forum recently described "blacks as zombies" for the way they vote for Democrats. So, given that mentality, is it any surprise that they cannot comprehend the liberal perception of Herman Cain's place in the Republican Party. After all, Herman Cain said that blacks have been "brainwashed" into voting for the Democrats. He plays right into the stereotype that some conservatives have of blacks. That is why he has some popularity.

I think Cain's best chance of winning the nomination is that there is a subset of ignorant Republicans who think that if they have black candidate, they will get a sizable part of the black vote. Of course, the other things with Cain is that the Republican candidates are about the goofiest bunch of politicians around, 20% of Republicans oppose Romney because he's Mormonm and the Republican Party is dominated by a semi-fascist mentality ("throw the illegals out," "burn the illegals on an electrified fence," boo the gay soldier, Obama's a foreigner, the Muslim religion believes in terrorism, we don't want government interfering with our Medicare, put women who have abortions in jail, legalize discrimination, cheer Perry's chronic use of the death penalty, cheer Cain for blaming unemployment on the unemployed, cheer the idea of letting a man without insurance die).
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

So it's ok for you and every other Republican to say it about Obama and Democrats but it's not ok for anyone else to say the exact same thing about Republicans and Cain?

Harrilogical, I know.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Why do guys like this deny that the exact same thing he is accusing the republicans of the democrats did with Obama, does anybody really believe that people like Chris Matthews voted for Obama because of his ability to Run A Country............:singing:
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Same reason you do, I suppose.

Yes, they do.....and I believe they'll vote for him again.....even if they question his ability to Run A Country, given the caliber of the current GOP candidates, they'll question his Republican opponent's ability even more.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Yup................................
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

You're forgetting the 2 fools the GOP put up against him :singing:

Hey, he's doing a better job than the jackass who ran the nation into the ground for 8 years before him. :singing: :singing:
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

If CAIN BECOMES A REAL SERIOUS THREAT The far left wing democrat Obama Media will devour Cain, they will crucify HIM AND HIS WHOLE FAMILY, their RACISM will know no bounds but they will DENY it is Racism.

The left Wing Democrat Media could come right out and use The N Word on Cain and then deny they are racists, liberals would go right along with them.

Dear Cain Family
    Get ready, burn your rubbish, NBC will be sending some goons around to go through it.
    Our Prayers Are With You.
    Harry

THIS IS ALL HALIBURTON AND BUSH'S FAULT
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I suggest you re-read the OP's opening post again. Your comments above do not even address what he discussed/posted. You just posted a Maher comment that had exactly nothing to do with the subject matter.

Hint: The subject matter is not whether or not Cain will win the nomination!

Pay attention, will ya!!!! :mad:
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

See, this is why you are a complete fraud imo, not to mention a race baiter extrordinaire. You ban me from my own thread for saying that blacks are zombies when it comes to voting for democrats (85-90% vote dem I believe) year in and year out, but now not only do you mention that specific line in here, but you bring in up in a thread that I started. What happens when I respond? Do I get banned from my own thread again? Like I told you in the pm, you simply don't like the thread topic, what's being discussed, or the person discussing it. The fact that you not only moved to ban me from my own thread without warning, and now have brought that very same issue into this thread, reinforces my point. Now who's the lesser man in this thread? The OP who started a legitimate discussion about how a minority is viewed in todays politics, or the moderator who's baiting the thread creator into saying something that will serve as an excuse for Mr Moderator to abuse power? Hmmm... I'll let everyone else decide. :rolleyes:
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

I mentioned it to give you the chance to respond and because I think your view ties in very much with what this thread is about. Respond, but don't stereotype blacks or anyone else. Make your point without making a negative stereotype, the kind that might offend reasonable people. If you can't do that, then don't respond. In my opinion, your view negative stereotype of blacks is the calling card with which Herman Cain greets you, which of course is the point of the MSNBC analyst.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Sorry for the caps in advance but I want to stress my point:

THIS IS NOT MY THREAD TITLE. CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE CHANGE THE THREAD TO THE TITLE i ORIGINALLY HAD:

"Herman Cain & the loony left's problem with black conservatives"

Apparently in an attempt to merge Harry Boy's thread, and mine, the end result was my post with his title. If the title can't be changed no problem, so long as posters are aware that the thread title is not mine.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

First and foremost, I'd prefer if you wouldn't hijack my thread. I believe that is against the rules. Stick to the thread topic please. If you can't do that, then don't respond. Keep your race baiting to that other thread. ;)
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

ANY group of Americans that votes 80-90% for one party is by definiation a zombie.

See RW, that's the way to make that statement without generalizing/stereotyping a PARTICULAR group.
  17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

Ah -- I thought that title reeked of harry, not you. Now things make sense again.
  18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

Or maybe the party is by definition the zombie?
  19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +908 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

I saw the title and assumed it was Harry Boy then saw RW and my reaction was :rofl:

Harry Boy is a CIA forum plant specializing in the 'Mind Meld' techniques.

Bet you did not know that Chico ... :cool:
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

I specifically responded to your hijacking of your own thread (by your complaining about me), and in my post specifically explained why I agree with MSNBC's point about Cain. Cain does indeed say what white conservatives want to hear: Some white conservatives call blacks zombies; Cain calls them brainwashed. Of course, you don's want to address that point, except by using your gripes against me as cover, so be it. But, I did hijack the thread. I responded to your post and to the thread subject.

I sent you and pf13 a pm about the title of this thread. If you want more info, read the pm, but please don't hijack your own thread. Instead, it's better to address administrative issues (like thread titles) to a moderator.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011