PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A different take on the lack of action

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not really upset at all. The word I would use to describe how I feel is..........Intrigued. Think about this: after all the years BB and SP have made us the best talent collectors in the NFL, have they ever not fielded a competitive team (aside from year 1, and 2001 which was injury riddled) ?

I feel like it is going to be fascinating to see how this team shapes up and there is alot of curiosity I think not just amongst us, but the league in general because I don't think anyone really believes that the Pats are just going to write the season off so everyone knows some nice moves are coming. I can't wait to see what players will be brought in via the various methods i.e. draft, FA, Trades etc.

This could well be a year IMO where the Pats actually manuver alot in the draft to get a nice haul as well as sign someone totally unexpected.

That's a good healthy attitude for a Patriots fan under the BB/SP regime.

I try to buck the Boston sports fan trend of "the sky is falling" ...it's just so friggin negative. Sometimes you can't help it, but this IMO is not a time to be pessimistic for any reason.

What have we really lost for sure so far?...Givens (Drastically overpaid by Tenessee and frankly he did have his share of miscues), Chatham (Nice ST player but replaceable) and that's really it for major players that we have officially lost(the rest are not signed yet)

And count me in the camp that loves A.V, but not for 3.5 million dollars when Mare is a decent replacement for half the price.

We will be FINE!

Last edited:
KDPpatsfan said:
Honestly, I am not really upset at all. The word I would use to describe how I feel is..........Intrigued. Think about this: after all the years BB and SP have made us the best talent collectors in the NFL, have they ever not fielded a competitive team (aside from year 1, and 2001 which was injury riddled) ?

I feel like it is going to be fascinating to see how this team shapes up and there is alot of curiosity I think not just amongst us, but the league in general because I don't think anyone really believes that the Pats are just going to write the season off so everyone knows some nice moves are coming. I can't wait to see what players will be brought in via the various methods i.e. draft, FA, Trades etc.

This could well be a year IMO where the Pats actually manuver alot in the draft to get a nice haul as well as sign someone totally unexpected.
I agree...in fact, I think with a lot of players departing, it will even be more interesting how the team is built...who is let go, brought in..via many ways. I totally agree..I am just waiting for it to happen...and I also feel this way..for all the cash being spent..the high salaries..it is money OVER spent..not getting value..and when nthat happens..I smile. Less money out there and more value to be found.

As an aside...I am constantly baffled as to how the Redskins avoid cap hell year after year considering how irresponsible they appear to be with money. I just don't get it.

KDPpatsfan said:
As an aside...I am constantly baffled as to how the Redskins avoid cap hell year after year considering how irresponsible they appear to be with money. I just don't get it.
They will have to adjust restruccture salaries...and it will hit at some time..that simple..

The funny thing is..despite how strong they look on paper...they could still very well be mediocre on the field.

Easy...

KDPpatsfan said:

The WaPo had an article on how Snyder avoids cap hell. Of course they didn't descrtibe it as I do . Basically it says he lies to the players and signs phoney contracts. The size of the contracts are enormous but little is guaranteed except for the first two years or so. The dumb players suck up on the big pot of money that is really a mirage. The Agents love it because they charge a per centage of a big phoney deal and get it and two years later, than can negotiate another contract and get another commission when the doofus player gets cut. Only if he turns into a real superstar that justifies the phoney money, do these dumb palyers see any of the mirage turn into reality...

AzPatsFan said:
The WaPo had an article on how Snyder avoids cap hell. Of course they didn't descrtibe it as I do . Basically it says he lies to the players and signs phoney contracts. The size of the contracts are enormous but little is guaranteed except for the first two years or so. The dumb players suck up on the big pot of money that is really a mirage. The Agents love it because they charge a per centage of a big phoney deal and get it and two years later, than can negotiate another contract and get another commission when the doofus player gets cut. Only if he turns into a real superstar that justifies the phoney money, do these dumb palyers see any of the mirage turn into reality...
Intersting...Sounds like true corporate america lol.

As old as the hills

AzPatsFan said:

So in other words he takes advantage of their greed. Good idea, no one I ever heard of went broke going that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down