PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Defense In Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought by trading Seymour, that the Pats would have some room to resign Wilfork?

Also for the 829327th time, the Pats need a legit pass rusher.

I personally think BB will see that the 4-3 is not the answer and will revert back to the 3-4.

Losing Vince will set us back a couple years. Guyton is more of a nickle guy. We really only have one starting LB and we all know it's Mayo. I have no confidence in Wilhite and Wheatley now. I prefer Bodden back.

Where has Ty Warren gone? We need legit pass rushers. It's been ignored for years and it's caught up. We need to use that first rounder for an OLB.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but this defense has been in transition since 2005. The only constant on this defense was the DL until Seymour was randomly traded. The LB's and secondary have been a revolving door since 2005.

Losing Vince will set us back a couple years.

Exactly. If the Pats do lose Wilfork, I don't want their #1 priority to be a NT again. And if the Pats take a NT with their first draft pick, it's safe to say the Pats are insane.

Once again, this will only delay them from improving in other areas of their defense that they so desperately need (pass rush). I seriously hope the Pats have already made up their minds and not try to re-sign him once it's already too late. See Asante Samuel.

You've got your NT, so pay the damn man and move on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back