Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

Uncle Teddy, once up on a time, long ago:

Teddy’s been trying to get some new “hate crimes” legislation passed. Ted’s very concerned about crime. Just don’t bring up any of the ones he committed.

You know what the Kennedy coatholders will say. It was so long ago. Hasn’t he suffered enough? How much does one family... blah blah blah.

But somebody’s got to mention it. I mean, right now the liberals are trying to run Louisiana Republican David Vitter out of the Senate be000047he had a few, ahem, indiscretions.
    News Today:
    http://news.bostonherald.com/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1011931

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Maybe we combine this thread with drunk laura kills student, another cocaine binge by George or how I lost a year on a bender and never reported to the ANG.. or how I almost got away with all those bj's in the oval office by Billy C.... the bottom line is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

I believe thisis the pc legislation HArry refers to:

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56702

4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Thanks Harry................ Ahhh yes, it's a wonderful day to wax-nastalgic on all those special moments.

But let's be real............ It's not banging a hooker or anything, so lets not get into questioning if he's MORAL enough to govern or not. We must keep perspective in these matters :rolleyes: .

And....... in a rare moment truth, the MS media tosses out a this gem that is so appallingly accurate, it's almost SCARY (given the source).

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Except here's your problem: You're making up most of the stuff you just mentioned (and how exactly did "power corrupt" Laura Bush when she was just a stupid teeny bopper no one knew or heard of..?). But everyone on the planet - even Kennedy's supporters - know that he got drunk and killed a girl from his recklessness. And then while you and I would do serious time, he got barely a slap on the wrist.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Never mind, in my attempt to post an innocuous thread, non partisan thread about how all of them are basically power hungry whores, you defend Laura.. it is what it is, rich white folk pretty much doing what they want to do and then justifying it.

7. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

GJ, come on............. While I TOTALLY agree with with your "power hungry whores" comment. We do need to be careful with facts. We're talking about a barely 17 y/o girl, who was only a FUTURE somebody. No more than a schoolgirl, not unlike MILLIONS and MILLIONS out there right now, including my daughter (and yours if you got one).

Aside from your TOTALLY FALSE drunkenness assertion, you cannot aquate her actions (which is so common as to not even be worthy of comment aside from who she is) with that of grown adults ALREADY WITHIN the power grid.

You have a good argument and point, don't muss it up with mis-facts

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah... sure... you make up lies about Laura Bush, but you're "non partisan"... Even your fellow libbies here aren't dumb enough to bllieve that nonsense :rolleyes:
    How have I defended Laura..? You basically make her sound like a power-mad maniac who got away with murder based on her political connections. I merely point out that she was a stupid teenager at the time, no one knew who the heck she was, certainly no one knew she would one day be First Lady, and like every single other teenager in the country, she combined driving inexperience with carelessness and it was a deadly combination on that particular night.

Ted Kennedy was 37 and drunk as a skunk. Laura was 17 and sober. Now tell me again how those incidents are comparable..?

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

Accidents happen to drunks all the time, everyday in millions of family's it wasn't so much uncle Teddy's drunkeness we all know the whole family are a pack of drunks, it was what followed that showed just what a rotten immoral dishonest rat bastard Uncle Teddy was, walking by all the houses with phones that might have saved her life, cry-babying to his a$s kissing flunkies who immediately started "the cover up", then this heartless creep goes down to the river, swims across to his hotel room and goes to sleep, while one of the silly girls that adored these "awful Kennedy's" was dying in his mothers car.

No it wasn't the drunkeness, it was the UNGODLY CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR that followed the incident, thats what makes this Filthy Man a disgraceful dog.

The people that vote for him should hang their heads in shame, it was embarrassing and sickening to watch this murderer dare to question the Ethics of a Supreme Court Nominee.
    :bricks:

10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Now that the Red Sox have won a World Series in my lifetime -- a feat which does not look like it will be repeated again any time soon, as non-clutch as they are playing for the past two months -- my final life time dream is that the people of Massachusetts will one day wake up and smell the coffee, voting Teddy and all the rest of the sot Kennedys off to whatever else they can do (practice medicine?? with a little rape thrown in every now and again, right Wm Kennedy Smith?). And, while at it, throw out the homosexual Barney Frank and the wacko John Heinz Kerry from Congress, once and for all. How disgraceful a bunch to represent the state.

//

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry to say, my friend, but it just ain't happening. Teddy Kennedy is elected for life (they just go through the silly formality every 6 years - you know, kind of like how they used to "elect" Saddam Hussein). And I fear that when he retires, they will arrange for Joseph to take the same seat to maintain the family's legacy.

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 15 / -13

Kennedy wasn't a hypocrite. He doesn't seem to judge people who have flings too harshly. Vitter is a hypocrite. The left is merely holding Vitter to a standard that he himself set for others. If we were too hold Vitter to Kennedy's standard, we'd probably be mailing him congratulations notes.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

What do you mean, he lost his license! :eek:

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

How this murdering buffoon is still in office is beyond me. Only in Taxachusetts. :mad:

“This morning I entered a plea of guilty to the charge of leaving the scene of an accident.”

“On the weekend of July 18, I was on Martha’s Vineyard island participating with my nephew, Joe Kennedy - as for 30 years my family has participated - in the annual Edgartown Sailing Regatta.”

“There is no truth, no truth whatever to the widely circulated suspicions of immoral conduct that have been leveled at my behavior. Nor was I driving under the influence of liquor.”

“My conduct and conversations during the next several hours, to the extent that I can remember them, make no sense to me at all.”

“I was overcome, I’m frank to say, by a jumble of emotions - grief, fear, doubt, exhaustion, panic, confusion and shock.”

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

True, but that little fact certainly didn't lead him to actually... you know... stop driving...

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah, yes... the world of Patters... where being a Republican hypocrite is worse than being a liberal killer... :rolleyes:

17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was waiting for someone to make that point. When people believe that any behavior is acceptable then why would they ever criticise anyone for engaging in "acceptable" behavior? Of course they can't be hypocrites by definition. Ted falls into that category. And he'd be the first to point out that he saw a babtist preacher getting drunk so that proves that his religion is BS and any sermons on booze by him is hypocritical and should therefore be dismissed. And since Ted doesn't preach against getting drunk then it's ok if he does it.

18. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Kinda like your stance on CHILLIAN SEA BASS (post #15). :rolleyes:

Do you mean to tell me that you're gonna whip out the "hypocrisy card" for Vitter actions, when seven minutes earlier you defended the Goracle dietary habits. You gave him a pass when this self professed "almighty planet saviour" decided to grill up a few rare CHILLIAN SEA BASS, a species that almost all experts will ageee is struggling to survive the onslaught of illegal poaching. Do you even read the crap you post.

Nice................ I really respect that. :rolleyes: