PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A couple of questions from an avid lurker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedylb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
For you old pros:

1. Did Tom break a record by hitting 11 different receivers?
2. Will key starters get a rest against the Titans?

I've enjoyed the informed insights from fellow fanatics, even those of you who think you can outcoach the coaches. I just wish there were fewer personal attacks. Leave that to classless fans of classless teams!

No record.
The Miami home game last season suggest BB rests the starters, but he could decide that tactic last season didn't work and may only rest injured players - we'll be ignorant of his choice at least through the first quarter.

We can still improve our seeding if the Dolts lose again.

I think they will play the starters and then it may depend on what the difference will mean in the seedings...as it stands now, it looks like any possibility of beating INdy and Baltimore depends on theit games..Mia and Buffalo..so most likely 4th place and Denver. If there is NOT much to be gained..some may come out later..vut a full scale rest? I doubt it...more time for tune up..to get things down for the post season play.
No record at all..as said, but it shows that this offense is a bit different than many.

I think we will play the starters until Tennessee is officially eliminated from playoff contention. Some coaches feel its not fair to the rest of the conference for a team to get a "Free-bee" win by playing against reserves. I'm not sure if Belichick is one of these coaches since he says he only cares about the Patriots, but I think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes