PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A couple of play I wish we had back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
We started the game great, we made Jets punt and were moving the ball VERY effectively down the field.

Tom Brady makes a terrible throw for Green-Ellis...Pick. We would have scored some points...D made a stand.

Next Drive We move the ball again and the drop by Crumpler. We should have gotten 7.

After this series of events the offense failed to get its rhythm back and never really had it going until the the last mins of 3rd quarter.

With that being said, the Jets made some great plays and deservedly won the game, but I wish we had those plays back and I am sure it would have been a whole new ball game.

P.S. I am done with sports for a while. This is different from last years loss to Ravens because the expectations this year were as high as 2007. Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be depressed :( It sucks going out like this.

Exactly. Make a few key plays early and we dictate the tempo and force Sanchez to throw and negate their run game. Instead, they take the air out, run and give Sanchez some wide open looks.

All we needed to do was execute better.

The Crumpler drop was huge, going up a quick seven would of put pressure on Sanchez early. He was playing like **** early in the game...

What's amazing is as bad as this game seems if hypothetically the Patriots didn't try the fake punt and Crumpler didn't drop that TD pass for example we would have probably been looking at OT if not winning outright!

I was really confident we were going to win after the Pats converted on that 2 point conversion. That was short lived after the long ****ery catch...

I wanted the whole game back and a do over..oh well...season is over

I want the Folk FG back, and I want to recover those 2 fumbles in the red zone. Really would have blown the game open

I was really confident we were going to win after the Pats converted on that 2 point conversion. That was short lived after the long ****ery catch...

The early plays are ones that you can overcome. This one was killer. I can take the Jets beating us with a long drive there. But not a play like that.

I want the Folk FG back, and I want to recover those 2 fumbles in the red zone. Really would have blown the game open

Go blow your sister open.

The early plays are ones that you can overcome. This one was killer. I can take the Jets beating us with a long drive there. But not a play like that.

Yeah that play just killed any and all momentum the Pats had going after they brought it to within 3.

We started the game great, we made Jets punt and were moving the ball VERY effectively down the field.

Tom Brady makes a terrible throw for Green-Ellis...Pick. We would have scored some points...D made a stand.

Next Drive We move the ball again and the drop by Crumpler. We should have gotten 7.

After this series of events the offense failed to get its rhythm back and never really had it going until the the last mins of 3rd quarter.

With that being said, the Jets made some great plays and deservedly won the game, but I wish we had those plays back and I am sure it would have been a whole new ball game.

P.S. I am done with sports for a while. This is different from last years loss to Ravens because the expectations this year were as high as 2007. Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be depressed :( It sucks going out like this.

I hear ya man, sometimes I wonder why I follow sports at all, 97% of the time it just ends badly because only 1 out of 32 teams can win it all. For the rest it's just heartbreak. Tonight just sucked.

What I don't get is why the offense looked so confident on the first 2 drives, after the drive where Crumpler dropped the TD pass all the sudden we came out playing nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back