PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A community message to Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Ian,

I have been very busy the past two weeks and have not been able to follow closely the horrible problems you've been wrestling with to restore this site to reliable operations. For most of this week, since the site was moved to a new server, it was taking my browser 30 to 60 seconds to load the home page...this morning it was 10 seconds...a vast improvement.

I'd like to recommend that you send all members an email describing what happened...it's so weird to be cut off from the community and not know what's going on. To restore confidence and get members back, I think a weekly email update for the next few weeks would help a lot.

I would also urge you to ask moderators and other leading contributors to step up their posting for the next few weeks...we need the community to re-assemble...I don't recognize the posters this week!!

Finally, I'd like to say what I imagine many people are thinking: I didn't realize how much I valued the messageboard until it wasn't available. Thank you so much for making it possible and for your constant efforts to improve it.

Many thanks,
teamplay

I'm not sure a message to all is needed...I have missed the site incredibly and I KNOW Ian has done a great job in dealing with all the issues..the members will be back as the board is back up and running..I think that is basically what will happen. To me it is less important to know what happened than to have the board up and running normally...if there can be things that can be done by members in the future to prevent it than certainly that is importnat..MORE importnat than looking back.
I agree...this last week or so has been hard tough and I have missed the many threads that might have been. Ans I know Ian has done a great job keeping up with it all...

The site has been working really well for me today. It loads very fast and I no longer have difficulties posting. Thanks, Ian!

teamplay said:
Ian,

I have been very busy the past two weeks and have not been able to follow closely the horrible problems you've been wrestling with to restore this site to reliable operations. For most of this week, since the site was moved to a new server, it was taking my browser 30 to 60 seconds to load the home page...this morning it was 10 seconds...a vast improvement.

I'd like to recommend that you send all members an email describing what happened...it's so weird to be cut off from the community and not know what's going on. To restore confidence and get members back, I think a weekly email update for the next few weeks would help a lot.

I would also urge you to ask moderators and other leading contributors to step up their posting for the next few weeks...we need the community to re-assemble...I don't recognize the posters this week!!

Finally, I'd like to say what I imagine many people are thinking: I didn't realize how much I valued the messageboard until it wasn't available. Thank you so much for making it possible and for your constant efforts to improve it.

Many thanks,
teamplay

I understand the reason why you posted this, and I think one of the biggest errors I made was not having a mailing list to reach all of you in the event of an outage. Once I move us one last time to the dedicated server and everything is done, I'll be creating a list for everyone to register for so that I can contact all of you should anything ever happen again.

The good news is that the liklihood of it ever happening now is pretty slim, as I have purchased space on one of the largest providers and biggest companies online, and have spent more to make sure we'll probably never have an issue as there have been too many over the years with the last company and I don't want to ever deal with it again. There just reaches a point where I had to say enough was enough, and this last week was that time.

Ian

Ian said:
I understand the reason why you posted this, and I think one of the biggest errors I made was not having a mailing list to reach all of you in the event of an outage. Once I move us one last time to the dedicated server and everything is done, I'll be creating a list for everyone to register for so that I can contact all of you should anything ever happen again.

The good news is that the liklihood of it ever happening now is pretty slim, as I have purchased space on one of the largest providers and biggest companies online, and have spent more to make sure we'll probably never have an issue as there have been too many over the years with the last company and I don't want to ever deal with it again. There just reaches a point where I had to say enough was enough, and this last week was that time.

Ian

We appreciate all that you have done and continue to do.

I have seen many requests for donation assistance, but no repiles from you.

HOW CAN WE HELP??? If you say you are all set - great, then everybody should donate to Bread of Life, as found on Miguels pages.

Ian said:

Ian

Glad to hear it because these super slow speeds were driving me crazy.

Ian said:

Ian
When the site slows down or goes away like it did, it just makes us realize how much we have come to appreciate having this site, and how much work it must be for you to keep it running.

Fast or there, stable or not, thank you very much for all you do for us.

fgssand said:
We appreciate all that you have done and continue to do.

I have seen many requests for donation assistance, but no repiles from you.

HOW CAN WE HELP??? If you say you are all set - great, then everybody should donate to Bread of Life, as found on Miguels pages.

I second this! Let me know if there's anything to contribute! Thanks again Ian!

PatsChick87 said:
I second this! Let me know if there's anything to contribute! Thanks again Ian!
I third this! This site really means alot to me, and I look forward to continuing to get the Pats "vibe" via this site when I move to HK. If there is anything that I can contribute to the site, monetary or otherwise, I'd be happy to do so.

Ian, this site rules. Thanks for enduring what must have been an incredibly frustrating, taxing and tense time for you. And while I appreciate the idea of e-mail updates, there is simply NO WAY you'd lose us. We just keep checking until it's fixed and come back, happy to see it's back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes