PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A comment from BB on 2011 v. 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously BB expects that there will be a 2012 draft, or he would never have made the trades he did.

But, near the end of tonight's draft coverage, he appeared on NFLN and talked about the OAK trade (2012 2 for 92 and 129). It was very unusual, even by his standards, as it is very rare to make a trade like that well ahead of your pick. BB's reasoning for it was that [paraphrasing] they didn't see anyone on the board this year in rounds 3 or 4 to dissuade them from taking the 2012 2.

Yup.... He may well have said "I'm outta here guys, I got what I wanted"

Explains the "slight reach" for Riddley. They obviously wanted him as replacement for training table jockeys Morris and Taylor. Took him early and to make sure he got him.

Went with Mallet, then "left the building". He obviously feels his D is young enough.

Concern heard most often: "Brady won't be around forever. Hell, at this rate, many of us won't be around."

In case you weren't watching....... we drafted an uber-talented QB (with flaws) to understudy a few years til the get us to the point where "realistically" QB skills diminish by quantum leaps yearly.

The franchise won't fold when Brady retires......... we addressed it well yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes