Welcome to PatsFans.com

A comedians logic

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I tend to find that comedians have some of the greatest, and simplistic views on politics....

"The whole country's got a ****ed up mentality. We all got a gang mentality. Republicans are ****ing idiots. Democrats are ****ing idiots. Conservatives are idiots and liberals are idiots.

Anyone who makes up their mind before they hear the issue is a ****ing fool. Everybody, nah, nah, nah, everybody is so busy wanting to be down with a gang! I'm a conservative! I'm a liberal! I'm a conservative! It's bull****!

Be a ****ing person. Listen. Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion.

No normal decent person is one thing. OK!?! I got some **** I'm conservative about, I got some **** I'm liberal about. Crime - I'm conservative. Prostitution - I'm liberal. "

-Chris Rock
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I liken that to a Patriots player saying, "I'll do some of the things BB says; but not all of them."

When you are attempting to do something as massive and complex as run a nation of 300 million people, you can't do it alone. Its impossible for any one person to be thoroughly informed about every issue that comes up. The yearly federal budget is roughly the same size as an Encyclopedia for example, no one person has time to read the whole thing. You have to pick a side and trust your teammates to an extent, or nothing gets done. That's not to say that you should just vote the party line, but loyalty plays a part too.