PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A coin-flip and a Gaffney drop away from 8-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
frankly i really dont believe in this logic.We have won so many games where the other teams played well . Then we called it 'finding a way to win' . We lost in indy and yesterday similarly. it all evens out. if gaffeny had caught a TD , what is there to say that manning wouldnt have hit wayne for 80 yard tD ? hypotheticals are always fun because we look at one side of the story but believe me , even the pats have benefitted in the past from dropped TD's and coin flips.

I agree, and that's why I started another thread examining why it all boils down to personnel/injuries.

Not bad, we gift wrapped two games for the Colts and Jets and to think how easily we could be 8-2 right now. If that coin drops heads last night, there's no doubt in my mind Cassel wins this game.

A David Thomas personal foul and a Gaffney TD drop and we walk out of the RCA Dome with a win.

I will take my chances with Cassel in the playoffs.
LOL, the Jets gifted you OT by dropping the sure pick on your game tying drive. The Cheifs were one PI by O'Neal away fron sending game one into OT. The Colts are one Bursa Sac away from 9-0....shall I go on?

511 yards against their defense. This was the 3rd highest yardage allowed by their franchise. I am most certain every New Yorker was praying for tails. Jet fans are hoping not to see the Pats again this year.

The Colts 12-4? Winning 8 straight? They haven't played that well. Their win over the Steelers was a bit overrated because I don't know if they win if they started Leftwich. Roethlisburger playing with the bum shoulder is becoming a liability for the Steelers.

The Pats going 2-4 the rest of the way? They still have the Seahawks, Raiders, a beat up Buffalo, and Arizona at home in December. All those should be wins.

We can't beat the Steelers with the Pats defense? Have you watched the Steelers' offense this year? It is average at best. Roethlisberger has a bum throwing shoulder and has been holding onto the ball far too much. Willie Parker may have an injury that will keep him out of the game. The Steelers are winning solely on defense.

Nothing like being overly negative.
i dont know about the pats but the colts will play better and can improve. their win over steelers was but rothlisburger idiotics , granted but ben also made some great throws with indy defenders draped over him. not sure leftwich can do those.
i think indy wll be a factor down the stretch. With pitts its always about their defense. Pick up the zone blitz and their coverage isnt that good. thats what brady has exploited all along in the past.
iam encouraged by our o line play but 2 weeks from now who knows who will need the game more us or the steelers.Steelers schedule is hard so jets can actually get the 2nd seed :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back