A Candid Bill Belichick on 'All Access' Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
A Candid Bill Belichick on 'All Access' Tonight
By: Ian Logue

As Karen Guregian wrote this morning, this evening's 'All Access' should be an entertaining one, with head coach Bill Belichick reportedly quite candid during this episode....

While we're waiting for this program to start fifteen minutes from now, here's the latest on what Bill Belichick is doing:

Belichick bolster TD Club tribute • HometownAnnapolis.com - The Capital

A surprise appearance by New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick highlighted the 57th annual Touchdown Club of Annapolis football awards banquet, held last night at the DoubleTree Hotel.

Belichick, the 2010 NFL Coach of the Year, attended as a tribute to his late father - for whom the Touchdown Club has named a special award. Jeff Herrick, who recently retired following a 22-year tenure as head varsity football coach at Broadneck High, became the fourth recipient of the Steve Belichick Award.

The Steve Belichick Award was created to recognize coaches whose contributions are much greater than mere strategies or schemes and whose impact stretches past the athletic arena. The elder Belichick shunned the spotlight while serving as a Naval Academy assistant from 1956 through 1989. He handled opponent scouting and coached special teams while working for six different head coaches.

"My father loved to coach, loved the game and loved interacting with the players," Belichick said. "Nothing means more to coach than when a player comes back and tells you how much you meant to him. It's important that every coach at every level understands what a big impact they can make on young people."

"Jeff, what a tremendous job you have done at Broadneck for so many years. I'm honored to have your name on my dad's award," Belichick said.

110218touchdown.jpg

Read more at: Belichick bolsters TD Club tribute

It appears the one-star bandit didn't care for the show.

For anybody else that missed it or wants to see it again, you can view it or download it from the team's website:

Patriots All Access - 2/18/2011

that was pretty cool seeing him interacting with rivers

Thanks for the link up, JMT57.
I thought it was a great show.
I didn't know McCourty had a twin brother.
BB miked up was a lot of fun to watch, too.

That was a cool watch, thanks for posting.

Funniest parts were his interaction with the QB's, particularly ribbing Peyton. We're in the red tonight, ok? You got that?...These QB's are colorblind...

Funniest parts were his interaction with the QB's, particularly ribbing Peyton. We're in the red tonight, ok? You got that?...These QB's are colorblind...

+ 1

I was also amused that "fiery" Dante Scarnecchia sounded so mild when he asked the O-linemen to step things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots