PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A bunch of thoughts regarding the Ravens Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylStingley

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
1. Slowest week ever.

2. Do you find yourself wanting this game and this Lombardi more than you've wanted anything in sports in a long time? That's where I am. I identify with this team, Tommy and Bill so much and so hate the Ravens. MUST WIN.

3. I think Vegas has it right. It's popular to say that the game will be closer. It sounds objective. But the guys in Vegas don't care who wins and aren't homer Pats fans. They see what I see: A large talent gap between the teams, the Ravens losing 4 out of 5 before the playoffs and the Pats playing at home.

4. Much is being made of the Ravens getting hot in the playoffs. Let's look at that. The Colts had a terrible D and were just not ready, as much as it was a nice story. Plus the Murderer did get that home crowd and his team in a lather. And the Broncos just turned in a stinker. Fox and Manning were way too conservative and the Broncos D looked out of synch. Now of course you have to give the Ravens some credit for both games, but I think people are overlooking just how craptastic the opposition was in both games.

5. The media wants the Ravens to win. Ray Lewis. Harbaugh SB. Tired of the Pats. But that's good. Those phonies being bummed out is only positive.

6. The Ravens DO have a ton of weapons on offense. Even the most optimistic Pats fans have to realize that they are going to score some points. But I think Flacco is going to revert to form this week and not be as flawless as he's been. He doesn't have three strong games in a row in him, methinks.

7. That Greg Bedard seems so worried about this game bothers me, I must admit. Bedard seems like the most prepared, studied guy in the Boston media. Not that he's always right. But he is not just shooting from the hip.

8. So I assume that all Pats and Ravens fans are rooting for the Falcons. Colin Kaepernick is pretty scary and that D is no picnic. If you're thinking about going to New Orleans, you should want the Falcons as SF fans travel very well. They were all over the place at the Pats-Niners game earlier this season and Falcons fans are not legion.

9. Here's to the siblings of all of the Ravens players being safe and sound this week. That Torrey Smith story in the last game was beyond overdone. Of course, no one wants a personal tragedy on any of these guys (except maybe Ray Lewis!), but the media hype and actual motivational advantage the Ravens got from the last time was over the top.

10. These are the best of times, boys and girls. It wont last forever. Look at what's become of the Red Sox. The Celtics probably have no shot this year. The Bs? I dunno. But our Patriots have been serious contenders for a long time and nothing is guaranteed for the future. So lap it up!

1 - yep
2 - nope......nothing will ever compare to the first one......it's the story that movies are made from......just the way it is
3 - consider that since the beginning of december, the pats have had exactly one road trip.....to jacksonville.....the rest of the time, they've been sleeping in their own beds, training in their own gyms, pretty much waiting for the next victim to roll into town...physically, in a 60 minute game, I like the pats by a wide margin
4 - the only guy who got old faster than manning was champ bailey.....he coudn't run with anyone and should simply retire....they came up against 2 soft vs the run teams that played right into their play action....the ravens aren't going to win by lobbing 60 yard grenades
5 - so what.....the media wanted the texans to win......everybody outside of us is tired of watching the pats in Jan/Feb
6 - yes......and I'd more nervous if they decide to make pitta,****son, and boldin the focus instead of rice and smith
7 - .....errr....I got tired

I wanted the SB more last year..maybe becasue i knew we made it just after we won and will probably feel the same again..i just want to get there

1 - yep
2 - nope......nothing will ever compare to the first one......it's the story that movies are made from......just the way it is
Yep, the first one was the best. We were all virgins of a sort.

But this one would be the finishing blow. The thing I really need.

I admit it. I need the Pats to win one SB after SpyGate. Not because SpyGate itself bothers me. But I want something to shut the Haters up with.

And I love Tommy and Bill so much and don't want anyone to have anything over their heads.

Last year would have been great. It was against the Giants. That Pats team was loveable, too. But this team is more complete and balanced. Better secondary. Better RBs. No Ocho.

And it's one year later.

I want this more.

here are my thoughts.

The last two meetings involved cam cameron calling offensive plays and they were games decided by field goals.

Our last 3 games vs jim caldwell led teams we are 2-1(the 1 was the 4th and 2 game)

We have Talib now, something we did not have in the first game this year.

Exactly how loud is the "na, na, na na, na, na, na na, hey hey hey good bye" chant going to be?

Caldwell never called plays with Indy, so irrelevant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey