PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Boycot on VideoGate threads - at least for today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...here's our chance to say FU to all the media who think real fans want to talk about this anymore. Threads rehashing disingenous and ignorant media, fans and players don't serve any more purpose.

Let's not give the local or national media any more attention to this matter. The Patriots violated a rule and have been penalized.

For my part I'm only going to engage in all Football talk for the next few days and look forward to VideoGate threads working their way off the first page.

The one sure fire way to shut everyone up is to go 19-0 this season. Let's concentrate on that and put our energy behind the team towards that goal.

Just a suggestion...here's our chance to say FU to all the media who think real fans want to talk about this anymore. Threads rehashing disingenous and ignorant media, fans and players don't serve any more purpose.

Let's not give the local or national media any more attention to this matter. The Patriots violated a rule and have been penalized.

For my part I'm only going to engage in all Football talk for the next few days and look forward to VideoGate threads working their way off the first page.

The one sure fire way to shut everyone up is to go 19-0 this season. Let's concentrate on that and put our energy behind the team towards that goal.

I can actually do both. ;)

But you are right...It's kinda weird. but I'm so feaking jazzed for this game, I actually am telling myself to calm down. Regular season, smegular season. I actually am equally (if not not) more stoked than I get in the playoffs, which feels SOOO RIDICULOUS. I ain't gonna lie, it is there. I can imagine how the players feel.

Last edited:
I'm with you Joe!

I'll be heading north to take care of elderly parents and kill time before the game. Not going to let this creep in and ruin my usual angst before a game!!

Here's to watching the Pats dancing out of the stadium tonight singing "we're bad, we're sooo sooo bad"!!!!!

Joe6P is absolutely right.
It would be nice to read and talk about some football, as we usually do.

I am as guilty as anyone of yielding to the distraction.
But i'm not sure i can control my emotions on this.

The imbalance ... inequity ... and injustice
are just too extreme.

But let's try!

That is a great idea. I seriously can't believe that people are still posting about it. All everyone keeps saying is, this is BS, this is BS, but at the same time everyone keeps making new threads about it. If its such BS then why are you starting another thread about it? The more threads you start about this crap the more it looks like it mattered, because you feel the need to keep defending BB. This is at a point where everyone needs to cut the crap. Stop posting about this shyt and let these negative threads run there time and get off the front page. Great suggestion but it should read " a boycott on videogate threads-for the rest of the season"

Last edited:
I wish it was over, but it's like it refuses to die.
I don't think JoeSixPat said it was over, only that we should move on and stop posting about it.

I agree.

We all have been agonizing over this too long. The players moved forward, so should we. Or, at least, so should I.

i will no longer post in any threads relating to the controversy. we need to move on, and there's football to talk about today.

Here Here! Don't respond & let them die. We are being as bad as the league & all the mediots by continuing to talk about this whole mess.

IF there was no new information on it...the original incident..I would agree...that is over with and I had hoped Goodell would move on as well...but should one NOT respond to reports of Goodell demanding all tapes notes from the Patriot's for the last few years or of Goodell leaking the confiscated tape?
While I would RATHER talk football and how SD was going down the tubes, THESE developments are large and loom big for the team. I do not want this GREAT franchise to be brough down by Polien, Fisher and others with Goodell as their puppet leader. I think all fans need to be concerned..NOT about the past..but of the near future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes