PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Boston Strong World Championship

This article absolutely sucked!!

Its naive thinking like that, that brings a huge divide to the hardcore fan bases of the 4 teams in the city. I'll admit, I'm not a Sox fan, and I despise the sport of baseball, but it was a great run, with clutch players (Ortiz, Lester, Koji) and it was great for the city, especially after the Marathon bombings..but would it have meant THAT much more than the Bruins winning the Stanley Cup back in June???? I swear I remember the region being behind the Bruins every game, with the same passion as they all do the Pats, Sox, and Celtics. And then trying to decide what championships have meant more??? Real weak....

Its articles/thinking like that is why I personally never root for the Sox. Everything always turns into a penis measuring contest with their old timer fans. This is a sports town to the fullest. There's more than enough support for all 4 teams. Whether we all like it or not.

This article absolutely sucked!!

Its naive thinking like that, that brings a huge divide to the hardcore fan bases of the 4 teams in the city. I'll admit, I'm not a Sox fan, and I despise the sport of baseball, but it was a great run, with clutch players (Ortiz, Lester, Koji) and it was great for the city, especially after the Marathon bombings..but would it have meant THAT much more than the Bruins winning the Stanley Cup back in June???? I swear I remember the region being behind the Bruins every game, with the same passion as they all do the Pats, Sox, and Celtics. And then trying to decide what championships have meant more??? Real weak....

Its articles/thinking like that is why I personally never root for the Sox. Everything always turns into a penis measuring contest with their old timer fans. This is a sports town to the fullest. There's more than enough support for all 4 teams. Whether we all like it or not.

I feel like there are more casual baseball fans than casual football fans in Boston. Eg, more people wear a Red Sox hat without being able to describe why Lester was batting in St. Louis versus people wearing Pats hats who can't tell you what the tuck rule is.

I feel like there are more casual baseball fans than casual football fans in Boston. Eg, more people wear a Red Sox hat without being able to describe why Lester was batting in St. Louis versus people wearing Pats hats who can't tell you what the tuck rule is.

I don't even know if that's true or not anymore, there's no real easy to determine that. But yea I think college kids that live right next door to Fenway from BU or Northeastern from out of town might have more an interest on the Sox than the other 3 teams. But does that make their championships more important than the others? Why does there always have to be a story with the Sox? Why can't they just win a championship because they where the best team in their sport? Its just all a force to me.

Why move the Brady vs Otiz article to the Red Sox forum but leave this one here?

Why move the Brady vs Otiz article to the Red Sox forum but leave this one here?

A question for Ian and the moderators: time after time after time, Bob George posts poorly written/poorly premised opinion columns in this forum dissing the Patriots. Why is this irritating pretender given such a platform?

A question for Ian and the moderators: time after time after time, Bob George posts poorly written/poorly premised opinion columns in this forum dissing the Patriots. Why is this irritating pretender given such a platform?

I don't even mind this article that much, but I thought the other thread was much more relevant than this one to the Patriots. Plus I had just posted in that one! :D

Because I went to sleep at 10;30pm last night and just returned from taking my kids to get their flu-mists this morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Because I just returned from taking my kids to get thieir flu-mists this morning, pal.

That is no excuse! Family, friends, pets, job commitments, spiritual enrichment, personal welfare -- all should be secondary to your obligations here.

Ok it's not just me that's realized this. I've been a long time lurker in this website, every time I've read one of his columns, there's always been a negative vibe about the Patriots. And to write in a Pats fan site that this WS win "perhaps" means more than our SB title is retarted, considering most of us dissect every thing that happens with this team on a day to day basis.

The Mods have nothing to do with the Patsfans.com articles. The question is better addressed to Ian.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mods have nothing to do with the Patsfans.com articles. The question is better addressed to Ian.

I have no issue with the mods. Its with the author of this particular story, Who tends to be, after lurking thru this forum to be the resident Sox author, in a Patriots website.

Ok it's not just me that's realized this. I've been a long time lurker in this website, every time I've read one of his columns, there's always been a negative vibe about the Patriots. And to write in a Pats fan site that this WS win "perhaps" means more than our SB title is retarted, considering most of us dissect every thing that happens with this team on a day to day basis.

Bob George deserves to get punched right on his forehead

I hear ya, AP. Except for the last line, I wholeheartedly agree.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've had to move SEVERAL of his articles to the Sox forum. I have contacted Ian to tell Bob George to post to the appropriate forum in the future.

So now he can write his wrongheaded (Tampa over the Sox in 4! - - and still no acknowledgement) baseball columns to his heart's content AWAY from the football forum.

Last edited:
BTW, folks: I ALWAYS read my PM's. It's much more effective to PM me your feedback/requests instead of writing it in the thread. I cannot read EVERY thread.

If your request is reasonable, I'm more than happy to take care of stuff like this once I am made aware of it.

Thanks! :)

Just as an FYI to all, whenever any and every article is posted to PatsFans.com, a corresponding thread is automatically created in the main forum. The authors have no control over whether or not that thread is created, nor do they have any control over which forum the thread is created in.

Since 98% of the columns are about the Patriots, this is rarely an issue. The other 2% are generally somewhat relevant to most of the people that visit the site (e.g., the Red Sox winning the world series).

Considering the number of off topic threads that are started in the main forum every week (apparently placing the letters "OT" at the beginning of a thread title is code for "I know this doesn't belong here, but I'm going to start this thread here anyways"), is it really such a burden that an occasional topical thread about another Boston sports team also appear? just like any other topic of discussion, if it doesn't interest you then don't click on it.

One last thing: Shmessy makes an excellent point about utilizing PMs. All the moderators have lives beyond this forum, and we don't spend every waking hour reading every single repsonse on every single thread. If something needs to be done then take a quick look at the bottom of the page and see which moderators are on line, and send one of them a PM (e.g., to move a thread to the appropriate forum).

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back