PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A bit of perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
+ Jeremy Fowler is an idiot. I mean he covers the Steelers so no surprises there. But wtf is this?

Steelers battle in loss to Patriots, but limp into bye week with issues on D

He writes:

It wasn't Tom Brady who buried the Steelers, after all. Rob Gronkowski got loose a few times downfield, but 93 yards and a score isn't superb by his standards

Not superb at all? If Gronk averaged 93 yards per game, he would break his own yardage record. So basically, a historic, record-setting pace isn't superb according to Jeremy Fowler. The 16 TDs would be second only to Gronk's 17.

What a ****ing embarrassment. But good "moral" victory Steelers.

+ Jeremy Fowler is an idiot. I mean he covers the Steelers so no surprises there. But wtf is this?

Steelers battle in loss to Patriots, but limp into bye week with issues on D

He writes:

Not superb at all? If Gronk averaged 93 yards per game, he would break his own yardage record. So basically, a historic, record-setting pace isn't superb according to Jeremy Fowler. The 16 TDs would be second only to Gronk's 17.

What a ****ing embarrassment. But good "moral" victory Steelers.

I think he's talking about Blount being more a major factor in this game which is a valid point

No, Tom Brady didn't "bury" y'all...but he sure helped in closing the coffin.

CvfV2KhWAAAee46.jpg

Big Ben playing would have made it a bit more interesting.......

And how did Gronk get the ball with two flawless throws that got 30+ yards each and buried Pit? Who handed the ball off to Blount? Who didn't throw any picks? Who picked up first downs when nobody was open to throw to with his feet instead of throwing and making poor decisions?

Does Brady need to throw 300 yards per game?

Steelers are 4-3. They still play Baltimore twice, Dallas, @ Buffalo, @Bengals, @Colts, etc. They'll be lucky to come out with 10 wins, especially given their propensity this year to throw up all over themselves in some games (Dolphins, Eagles..).

Before I thought they were going to be 2nd or 3rd in the AFC, now I think there's a decent chance they'll miss the playoffs. They're lucky they play in what looks like a pretty weak division.

And how did Gronk get the ball with two flawless throws that got 30+ yards each and buried Pit? Who handed the ball off to Blount? Who didn't throw any picks? Who picked up first downs when nobody was open to throw to with his feet instead of throwing and making poor decisions?

Does Brady need to throw 300 yards per game?
And who opened holes for Blount to have a good day, good tight ends don't just catch balls. Does this guy know that?

Steelers are 4-3. They still play Baltimore twice, Dallas, @ Buffalo, @Bengals, @Colts, etc. They'll be lucky to come out with 10 wins, especially given their propensity this year to throw up all over themselves in some games (Dolphins, Eagles..).

Before I thought they were going to be 2nd or 3rd in the AFC, now I think there's a decent chance they'll miss the playoffs. They're lucky they play in what looks like a pretty weak division.

I still like them to win the division.

I think he's talking about Blount being more a major factor in this game which is a valid point

Yes, Blount was a major factor. But the Steelers are not a top-10 run D to begin with, just gave up 200+ yards to some kid named Ajayi(?).

And in the rest of the article, he just points out weird things that make no sense. He talks about Gronk's numbers not being superb, when in fact, they're record-setting. Then he says they held up well against Brady and points to RAT, as Brady had 113.4 RAT coming into the game. Except he finished with 124.1 RAT against the Steelers.

If he had mentioned passing yards, sure. But otherwise, it's just another poorly-written, inaccurate article from another ESPN writer.

I said in some other thread that the Steelers fans have turned into Jest fans, but with Super Bowls...I was kinda joking, but after seeing this "moral victory" kind of story pop up...o_O

Any team that plays us defaults to blaming the refs. Steelers fans are doing it now.

Yes, Blount was a major factor. But the Steelers are not a top-10 run D to begin with, just gave up 200+ yards to some kid named Ajayi(?).

That kid is an outstanding RB. He racked up another 214 yards rushing against a good Bills D today.

Read through the game day thread and then read this article. It will seem much more positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back