PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A 19 Man Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said similar things about Anderson, Kelly, and Smith last offseason as you are about Chandler and they were beat out by younger players. It happens every year young players beat out veterans that you and others view as near locks.

You talk about Chandler as if he were on the team for years and ready to retire. You may willing to lose cap money by cutting Chandler. I don't think that Belichick would be so willing. Belichick paid Chandler a $2M bonus and a $50K workout bonus. I think that he is going to make the 53.

I agree with your analysis. For me, barring an acquisition or a camp surprise, Kline will be our starter at LG.

While I agree with you that may be a good possibility, it will probably be a very unpopular opinion throughout the summertime.

Do not rule out Cannon at LG. Belichick may have abandoned it in season but with a full offseason to make the switch he could come back to that.

I think Cannon looked fine at RT, and can even progress into a RG role as well. Either way, most of us feel that he's destined to be on the right side. As you note, Belichick may not agree with that.

Either way, I don't think too many of us will feel comfortable with Cannon as the LG, not that Kline would be upping that confidence all that much. This will be a good discussion throughout TC, although I'm guessing that many will jump to conclusion after preseason game one/two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes