53. Washington Redskins: Nick Martin, C/G, Notre Dame
54. Minnesota Vikings: Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
55. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
56. Seattle Seahawks: Charles Tapper, OLB/DE , Oklahoma
57. Green Bay Packers: Kentrell Brothers, MLB Missouri
58. Pittsburgh Steelers: Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M
59. Kansas City Chiefs: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
60. New England Patriots: Jaylon Smith, LB Notre Dame
61. New England Patriots: from Arizona Cardinals: Joe Haeg OT North Dakota State
62. Carolina Panthers: Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
63. TRADE- Miami Dolpins via Philadelphia Eagles from Denver Broncos for QB Kaepernick: Miami selects: Joshua Perry, LB, Ohio State

I think you've gone a little early on both Smith and Haeg personally. Unless Smith gets a decent outcome from his medical re-check, I wouldn't touch him until the third day. And if he does get a positive result, I don't see how he would fall to #60. As for Haeg, I'd much rather take him at the end of the third. I'd be looking to trade out if the draft fell that way.

Good work though.

What's the latest on Jaylon?

What's the latest on Jaylon?

No change post-combine as far as I know which means he's a very big risk. I do think he has a medical re-check to come though so we might find out more.

Dont see chargers pick Henry after useing a 1 rounder last year.

I have a feeling we are gunna go total OFFENSIVE FIREPOWER!!.. I am really thinking BB's gunna go with a WR, RB EARLY!!.. With Scar back in the fold BB knows he can take on abit of a " Project " and doesn't HAVE TOO go after a O-Tackle right away.. I have been even going " Ballz 2 The Wall " crazy and thinkn we move up as far as possible an try part with one of our 2nd rd picks if not both if a guy like Braxton Miller falls close enough to where he's in a range where BB CAN'T PASS IT UP.. I am pretty confident we are gunna just have a CRAZY just fire at will an have soo many formations an bringing back our VERY MISSED AN BELOVED MULTIPLE TE SETS!!.. Among Soo Soo many new stuff !!.. Mark n Remember this post!!.. On 4-5-16 @ 1 something in the AM i called it BB's going FIREPOWER approach with our first two 2nd rd picks!!.. :).

I have a feeling we are gunna go total OFFENSIVE FIREPOWER!!.. I am really thinking BB's gunna go with a WR, RB EARLY!!.. With Scar back in the fold BB knows he can take on abit of a " Project " and doesn't HAVE TOO go after a O-Tackle right away.. I have been even going " Ballz 2 The Wall " crazy and thinkn we move up as far as possible an try part with one of our 2nd rd picks if not both if a guy like Braxton Miller falls close enough to where he's in a range where BB CAN'T PASS IT UP.. I am pretty confident we are gunna just have a CRAZY just fire at will an have soo many formations an bringing back our VERY MISSED AN BELOVED MULTIPLE TE SETS!!.. Among Soo Soo many new stuff !!.. Mark n Remember this post!!.. On 4-5-16 @ 1 something in the AM i called it BB's going FIREPOWER approach with our first two 2nd rd picks!!.. :).

I would do unspeakable things in my pants if it was Braxton and J Will!

And then I would spend the whole season a nervous wreck hoping they don't bust.

why take haeg in round 2 when he will be there in round 3?

Dont see chargers pick Henry after useing a 1 rounder last year.
Epic fail on that kid last year (Gordon). Different types of backs. Share the carries.
DW Toys

No change post-combine as far as I know which means he's a very big risk. I do think he has a medical re-check to come though so we might find out more.
I don't know. Nor am I a Doctor, nor did I say at a Holiday Inn Express. I think there was as many red flags with Easley who had two knee surgeries and Gronk with his neck. Gronk worked just fine thank you, but Easley is at this point a "definite maybe". Even if we are Drafting Smith to Red Shirt, it is a good investment for 2017 where as we got screwed out of a #1 this year. The kid is a #1 pick all day long. We have so many picks let's bury one for 2017 and "nah nah" Roger. We have 12 Draft choices and 12 new FA's and we can't keep them all. This might be a good year to sneak a couple of picks with injury issues on the PUP list. Johnstone from Oregon, a big, mobile OT has been playing while rehabbing this year from the same knee twice. Yet he was considered a #1 pick at one point. Grab him late and PUP him. Let Scar work with him now because is is capable of working out. His Draft position is crashing because he was not quite right this past season.

Even if they say he can't play in 2016, as long as his future prognosis is fine, I grab hm and let him sit and learn and he will not last until round 3 for sure.
DW Toys

why take haeg in round 2 when he will be there in round 3?
Very iffy if he lasts until round three at the end where we are unless you use my Mock for Cleveland's pick at #65. We know BB will go up and grab a guy that others don't "mock" as high (see Tavon Wilson or Jordon Richards last year). Wilson was a definite woops. The book is still open on Richards.

Looking at all the available OT's on and around that #60/#61 position, the only ones I can see available are Coleman from Auburn who is a boom or bust kid. Reminds me too much of Cannon. Spriggs and Ifedi will both be gone, but I would like Spriggs. Clark might still be there. He is ok but was in a two point stance his whole career and it is too early for Theus from GA who might be better suited to be a Guard. Kyle Murphy of Stanford is nicked up so I don't know if Haeg is better anyway than these last four guys. You have to pull the trigger if he is BB and Scar's guy.. I believe Scar will have his hand in the O Line pick evaluation.

A late second rounder is not far off from where Haeg should be in the third round.
DW Toys

I don't know. Nor am I a Doctor, nor did I say at a Holiday Inn Express. I think there was as many red flags with Easley who had two knee surgeries and Gronk with his neck. Gronk worked just fine thank you, but Easley is at this point a "definite maybe". Even if we are Drafting Smith to Red Shirt, it is a good investment for 2017 where as we got screwed out of a #1 this year. The kid is a #1 pick all day long.

Even if they say he can't play in 2016, as long as his future prognosis is fine, I grab hm and let him sit and learn and he will not last until round 3 for sure.
DW Toys
The problem is that at this point Smith is not at all like Easley. He appears to have nerve damage on top of the ligament tears and if that is true he may not make it back at all.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back