Welcome to PatsFans.com

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

So - what do you guys think? Will it work? Has Mr. Cain made any figures available as to what kind of difference this plan would make to the economy or the deficit? I know nothing about it and I'm the first one to admit that my math skills are sorely lacking most time but it does seem like it would place most of the burden on the poor and middle class. Is the 9% federal sales tax supposed to be in addition to or a replacement of the state tax we already pay?

And why, oh why, does Herman Cain insist that he did not come up with this plan on his own, that it was developed by "some of the best economists in the country" and yet refuse to divulge their names?

Presidential candidate Herman Cain defended his “999″ economic proposal on Fox News Sunday today to Chris Wallace, who asked the candidate to name which economists supported his plan and who he wants the tax burden to be placed on in his plan.

Cain argued that the plan was, truly, not just his, pointing out “I had some of the best economists in the country help me develop this plan.” He explained that they analyzed government revenues collected from income taxes, corporate taxes, capital gains taxes, etc., and asked how much we would need to reduce in order to balance the budget. Yet despite Cain’s claim that he had noted economists working on the plan with him, Wallace pointed out no one is specifically mentioned on Cain’s website.

After some prodding by Wallace, Cain explained, “I’m not at liberty to mention their names,” adding that he doesn’t want “to compromise their confidentiality.” Wallace wondered if it was such a great plan, why would none of these economists be willing to let Cain mention their names publicly?

Chris Wallace Herman Cain | Cain 999 Plan | Video | Mediaite