PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

98.7 The Sports Hub is better than WEEI... ALREADY

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEEI is doing the Jimmy Fund telethon today, so they're actually bearable 'cause they're not yelling at each other. They're simulcasting on NESN, a rare opportunity to see all the ugly bastards (Big O, Pete, Buckley) in person while they're on the air.

Connor's mom is hawt.

left-wing Loon rants belong in the political forum,not in the Patriots forum.

Hear, hear. It surprises me that some of these Moonbats are football fans, too.

My two cents', no strings attached:
  • I can't get enough Gresch. Ditto Zolak.
  • I can't tolerate the Big Show. It's like PFW In Progress was 4 years ago before they finally figured out that people yelling over each other isn't entertainment for IQs above 90.
  • I like PFW In Progress. One of these days I mean to do a lengthier treatise on it.
  • The one thing I can stomach --- even enjoy --- on WEEI is Dale & Holley.

Ring! Hello, Pot. This is the Kettle. You're black.

I am biased, but you and Mo were blasting 98.5 for being a failure weeks before the station even started to air. You cannot call be bias when you didn't even give this station a chance before you hated it. How can you not be biased when you hate something before you even listened to it?

Find me the post where this occurred.

Ok, you thought it sucked even before they aired a single second of radio time. Of course that isn't biased. I am not exactly surprised that you wouldn't admit you are wrong even when I offer the olive branch on this.

Again, find me the post where I said what you're claiming. Here are searches done on each of the Sports Hub threads:

New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard - Search Results

New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard - Search Results

Now, here is the most 'negative' I was against the station. Except, it's against specific hosts, and particularly Felger, as opposed to the station:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/250377-wbcn-axes-rock-format-going-all-sports-98-5-wbz-fm-compete-weei-page2.html

I don't know who you think you are arguing against, but when you start with the "you and Mo were blasting 98.5 for being a failure weeks before the station even started to air" and "Ok, you thought it sucked even before they aired a single second of radio time." You're sure as hell not talking about me.

You will find this stated:

Ehh..... I don't really care about the new station one way or the other. More sports talk means more opportunities to find a show that works for the individual, but nothing I've learned about the new station leads me to believe that It'll make for great radio. I do think it's ridiculous and telling for people do complain about D&C based upon their politics being 'far right' when they aren't, or based upon them not being a sports show when it's very common for a sports station to run non-sports for the morning drive, and I do think you've gone way over the top in your bashing of the station, but I'm very happy that you'll have something new to try.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/258762-looking-forward-new-sports-radio-station-page2.html#post1457030

Sorry, but I'm not the pot to your kettle on this. I even offered an alternative lineup that I thought would be better for the station.

Last edited:
too lazy to read all the posts BUT i will say... as someone who doesnt currently reside in new england the new station is much welcomed. i like holley but dale makes me puke in my mouth, and the big show is exhausting.

It's OK...I like the competition..but recycling crap is NOT better....

Right at this moment, I am trying like HELL to listen to Felger and Massarotti. I want this show to compete with "the other one" from 2:00-6:00. But, man, it's hard to listen to them talk Patriots. They both have agendas with the Patriots, thus their viewpoints are seriously slanted. On "the other one" today's hosts all have viewpoints which are equally slanted in the Patriots' favor. Is it too much to ask for in a market this size that a "down the middle show" be available? Right now, at least for me, both shows are unlistenable.

Considering all this team has accomplished, I'll take the pro team slant. Felger and Maz are doing their best to be unlistenable today. Felger is in full blown mock mode, like he's ever done really well at anything he attempted, and Maz is in fans are idiots mode.

They just had their big guest of the day...Pete Carroll...LOL

You know who sounds quite good on the new radio station is Dan Shaughnessy. He has a show on Saturday afternoon and sits in on the midday show. He is knowledgeable and thoughtful, and he likes to talk sports. I wish he had the morning slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes