Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-c4jaoBTRw

Came out of the jersey numbering thread. I'm starting a halfhearted internet campaign to play it on every sack, especially when we play San Diego. Welcome, Adalius!

PFnV

You think enough people would recognize it? Came out in 1966.

What's the average age of Pats fans and/or the percentage of Boomers? Marketing. Get the radios to start playing it...like EEI! Obviously PFnV and I want a cut :singing:

Hell, I'm in Virginia. No EEI here... Patsmyboyz, it's up to you to spread the halfhearted marketing campaign!

(And anyone else on here.)

"You're gonna cry,cry,cry now.....96 tears" :rocker: Perfect.
I sure remember it - same year as Hanky Panky, Little Red Riding Hood, and other classic pop hits. But wasn't it actually titled "96 Tear Drops"?

I think it's a great idea. You have my support.

PS I love the video clip. Looks like Axel Rose stole his moves from Mark and the Mysterians.

Yah actually this one had an original title, nothing to do with drops. It was originally titled "69 Tears." All that stuff like "...and I'll be on top.. and you'll be lookin up at me," or whatever it says, sounds way different when you realize that.:eek:

But the song as people know it is still 96 Tears.

PFnV

Yah actually this one had an original title, nothing to do with drops. It was originally titled "69 Tears." All that stuff like "...and I'll be on top.. and you'll be lookin up at me," or whatever it says, sounds way different when you realize that.:eek:

But the song as people know it is still 96 Tears.

PFnV
Yikes. It's like the words to Louis Louis, by the Kingsmen - who intentionally mumbled so much that you couldn't really understand them unless you listened very, very carefully. That's how they managed to get accepted by adults - they were actually the featured act of the official big event at my high school one year!

PFnV:

This, THIS, my friend, is a great idea. I rely on you (amongst a few others) for an almost scientific approach towards mitigating topics of import on this board.

Here, you have shown an artistic side and I think it's brilliant. FWIW, I'm in college presently and I know this song. My folks were hippy-esque, so I grew up on this stuff. While the teeny-boppers prolly aren't familiar with it, they've had to at least heard it. Regardless, it's catchy (a prime aspect toward attaining mass appeal), and it's definitely dialed in, as far as family-fare and how it will relate to AD.

Shameless Bump...

Well guys, I am going to use the only avenue I know of, which is the e-mail to the team at Patriots.com... I just don't have any contacts that aren't "over the transom," as it were.

I'll let people know the contact I use, if anybody wants to follow the same trail, in (probably vain) hopes of getting it to happen.

PFnV

Wow, that's easy. Talk about transparency!

http://www.patriots.com/fanzone/public/index.cfm?ac=feedback

Then choose "front office" from the scroll-down.

Gentlemen,

First, I want to congratulate this staff on what appears to be an outstanding offseason effort, from the fan perspective. You guys know the business end more than any of us out here, but never forget Pats fans are fans of the FO and Coaching Staff as much as the players. Maybe even more so. In the Cap/FA era, it's either that, or root for the laundry (uniforms.) You guys make it easy to do.

On to my point: I'm one of a number of fans who would dearly love to hear "96 Tears" played over the PA system when Adalius Thomas sacks an opposing QB. I know, I know, it's a little bit off message for the "team first" approach. It just seems so perfect.

Thanks for your consideration. And, if the idea has no legs, no matter - thanks too for being the best Front Office in football.

Gotta be honest.

I absolutely hate the idea.

Like the effort put behind it. All set hearing music from 50+ years ago inside a stadium.

Okay okay okay fine, for the GenX fans we can morph an old classic modern rock song - "96 red balloons..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes