Welcome to PatsFans.com

96-3

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gumby, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

roll on, roll on Red Tide. Must be an election year. Are Democrats too scared to filibuster an Act the American people want for their own protection when they might be held accountable come Nov?
  2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

One more reason to vote independant.
  3. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Yes. Yes they are.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

The democrats are morphing into a party that is quickly becoming irrelevant and looking more and more like republicans every day, completely disgusted with them many opportunities to make inroads squandered as they just want to meet their self serving interests. I see many opportunities to make somethings different, however very little effort to work as a unified body that can make changes.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I left the Democrats during the Carter years, you could see what was coming, I have been horse whipped for it ever since, the Old Time labor loving, working man and poor mans party is no more, they have all gone.

Todays Democrats are a pack of self serving, weak, social do-gooding, jelly fish, they are very dangerous in this violent hate filled world, they are not capable of protecting you or your family, there isn't a democrat in Washington today that could make the decisions to protect America that the Democrats of yesterday did.

Can you just imagine the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Dean, Kerry, Lahey, Kennedy, Gore and the rest of that back stabbing tribe trying to run a war. The war would be over in days, we would LOSE.

I vote the man not the party, but no one believes me, who cares.
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Democrats have made adjustments with the times. Why is it ok for Bush to change from being a man against nation building to one who unilaterally decided to do it in both Afganistan and Iraq? as well as threaten to do it in Iran, North Korea, Vietnam and all of the other 'evil-dooer' nations; but its not ok for the Dems to compromise on the Patriot act? If 9-11 covers Bush's blatent flip-floppery on nation building it should certainly cover the Democrats' willingness to trade SOME freedom for enhanced security.

Look what happened to Tom Finneran when he decided to ignore the clear will of the people of MA one too many times.

btw, for all of you geographically-challenged Pats fans, Tom Finneran was the Speaker of the MA House of Reps for many years who pretty much acted as an emperor until the sensible Democrats in this state finally managed to oust him. He's also the guy who forced Kraft's hand in the threatened move to RI/CN deal some years ago
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

The Democrats can do as they wish, that is what this country is all about, but "the people don't have to vote for them", when they lose they shouldn't whine and hate.

I remember Finneran well and he was as you said.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

I agree with you up to this point.

That's where I disagree with you. Both Dem and Republican leadership are largely out of the same stock -- same families, same money, same ethnicity, same schools, same social circles, same religion, and so on. The difference between the two parties in areas of defense are nuanced and always have been. Democrats would invest more in peaceful tactics, but they would strike just as fiercely. My guess is that if Clinton had been president after 9/11, we would have done everything necessary to capture or kill the Al Qaida leadership, and would not have gone into Iraq.

That's naive. You don't know how government works if you believe that. The parties haven't differed much on military matters since before WWII.
  9. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is demonstrably false. The indecisive conduct of the engagement in Somalia, the non-action in Rwanda, the drastic limitations in the Kosovo tiff (not allowing any ground troops in, not allowing combat aircraft to operate below 15,000 ft) and an over-reliance on cruise missiles are what characterized our armed conflicts under the most recent Democrat administration. Going back to the previous Democrat administration, there was only paralysis and a poorly planned and executed raid.

The problem is that today's Democrats would never allow anyone like a Lieberman (who is one of the two or three Democrats I trust to have enough common sense on defense issues to function adequately) to become president. We saw this in the last election cycle. The ultraliberals shouted him down, he wasn't anti-war enough for vocal factions, and he didn't last beyond a few primaries. Instead, after a flirt and close call with Dean, Democrats picked a candidate they determined was "electable" and jumped on board his bandwagon so fast that nobody bothered to check for excess baggage and dirty laundry before it was too late.

So... the bottom line is that the Democrat party, the way it currently exists, is incapable of electing a competent military leader. And I don't mean this as a personal attack Patters, but I think you're probably so closely aligned philosophically with the extreme left of the party that you're incapable of seeing it.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It really saddens me that there are still people that believe the attacks on Kerry by the Swift Boat Veterans for Slease. All of the guys who were there think he acted honorably, all of the slease came from people who wern't there.
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Lets think about all the "warriors" who capitalized on this:

Limbaugh, a draft dodger because of piles
    O'Reilly, god knows how he avoided this
    Bush, awol for 1 year, a true fortunate son
    Cheney, quite a few deferments

I wasn't a fortunate son, but had a high draft number and missed this whole event, however I never minimize and always respect the comments of someone who was there.
  13. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As long as you (plural) believe that, and blame it all on the Swiftboat Vets, you're not going to win any nationwide elections. The Swiftboat Vets played a significant role, but they were by no means the only factor in his defeat (baggage). Kerry supplied much of it himself, quite independent of any Swiftboat Vet ads.

Oh yeah -- if you want a quote box, you need to restore the first set of brackets.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Thanks for the editing help....I haven't done this much before today...
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

SWIFT BOAT VETERANS???
  16. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

No the 250 Swift Boat Vets, men who served their country honorably in the same theater and the same time as Kerry cannot be trusted. They are evil lying fiends. Why is a mystery only known to Kerry synchophants.
  17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Oh, Pissah, are you really that far gone that you don't understand the dimensions of that lie?. I'm sure I could easily find 1,000 troops that oppose the war in Iraq; does that convince you the war is wrong? How about if I find 1,000 vets? The vast majority of those 250 did not serve with Kerry, so had no way of knowing what Kerry did. Those who knew what Kerry did at the time he was in Vietnam were unanimous in their praise (and even stood side by side with him when he ran for Senator), until he ran for president. Then many of them starting disavowing their own records and decisions from the Vietnam era in order to claim Kerry exaggerated or lied. Did you take a Harry Boy pill this morning?
  18. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Does it not bother you the least little bit that Kerry claimed to be in Cambodia, sent there by Nixon, and that was "seared, seared" into his mind... before Nixon was ever president?
  19. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

The majority of the 250 were IN THE SAME THEATER and at the SAME TIME with Kerry, not just the same California sized country (Iraq). Many cited specific recounts of actions that differed from Kerry's. Do you know ANYTHING about the Swifties that was not spoon fed to you by the DNC? Guess not!
  20. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Ah, 'Christmas in Cambodia' the famous Senate speech 'seared, seared, seared' into Kerry's mind that DID NOT HAPPEN.

Blue - I had the misfortune of being Kerry's 1st campaign manager in Westford MA. I was not sad after we lost.