Welcome to PatsFans.com

91 illegal aliens caught sneaking in to US

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, May 20, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

3. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

....or Katrina
  4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

(Golf clap) for the 91......... "19.999979" to go.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What about George Bush's spin on it.

HE is the champion of the ILLEGAL ALIENS.

George Bush is legalizing 11 million illegal aliens.

Each one of those 11 millions has 5 family member they can bring with them.

You are looking at legaliizing almost 60 million illegals.

George Bush is a DISASTER for this country.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

You are absolutely right, Bush is a Liberal Democrat when it comes to the Illegal Aliens, I can't understand why the Left Wing Liberal Democrats don't give him credit for it.
  7. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The u.s. buisness interest applauds, and is contributing campaign cash to show their appreciation....Pickup your pom poms:)
  8. Hendrix

Hendrix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

why do you think all liberals are against all this stuff? I'm "liberal" and care about it. I think there should be a quota obviously and all this stuff.
  9. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know that the illegals like to comapre their situation the great wrong of slavery that the blacks overcame, but of course since the blacks were brought here against thier will while the (mostly) Mexicans are sneaking in, the cases are not comparable.

However, consider the following parallel....when you boil it down to it's essence, slavery was really just cheap labor, like the Mexicans are. There was SOME overhead with slaves, modest food, clothing, and shelter, but it was a relatively cheap cost.

In both cases we have unscrupulous business owners exploiting an underclass...slaves were brought here while illegal immigrants are encouraged to sneak in to get jobs at third world wages.

Slavery was abolished, and labor unions became a necessity due to their exploitation of the American worker. Now the legacy continues with the illegals.

Don't get me wrong, I am pro-business and pro-capitalism, but isn't it possible to make a decent profit without exploiting people with less bargaining power than they?
  10. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thats a good anology, and thats the way I equate the present situation.. To me the way unions have been downplayed for their need, has opened up opprutunities for buisness to revert back to the days of yore.... And the public has gone along with blind faith...I believe in capitalism, unfortunately their needs to be some form of restraint, otherwise the powers that be will abuse, and the common worker loses , as we are witnessing right now in this economic boom..This is the main reason I will support a third party.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I guess they were just unlucky. Glad no one was hurt.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

That's the one good thing about the Republicans controlling everything. They have demonstrated an inability to get things done, despite controlling almost all of government. Bush and the Republicans have accomplished nothing big in 6 years. The Republican electorate nominates inefficient, untalented people to represent them. I don't know why that is. Maybe a lot of the talented Republicans don't run for office, or big money has corrupted the Republican Party in such a way that the talented don't stand a chance (unless they happen to be wealthy and connected).
  13. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NEM, lets be fair, neither side is covering themselves in glory over this issue.

Then again, I'm not even sure what side the dems have taken. I think they're still waiting for the polls to be released before they pick sides.
  14. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have been doing a lot of thinking on this issue lately ( like most of us), and another thought occurred to me. Tell me if I am hitting on something important here.

I have not changed my mind about anything that I have posted or believe on this issue, but I'm looking at the illegals in a little different light. Most of us, I think, would do the same thing in their situations, they live under a corrupt government and are just trying to make a living...most people seem to credit them with being law-abiding (apart from the crossing the boder illegally thing), and hard-working.

The slavery analogy is right on, and that is where things are starting to get sticky. The willingness of the slaveowners to violate human rights in the quest for cheap labor has had long-term negative effects on the United States. The black family is in disarray, we have travesties like affirmative action which give preferences to racial groups based on ethnicity, and this is just a couple of the legacies, we all know what they are...another constant is the omnipresent resentment of blacks towards whites.

Certainly all whites were not guilty in the mistreatment of blacks, and some blacks were involved in the slave trade as well, but the resentment is palpable and it is difficult to make the case that it not justified, and that is what really worries me.

Companies that knowingly hire illegals are are the modern equivalent of the slave owner. They are exploiting an underclass in their quest to avoid paying a fair wage. The illegals are in a tough situation, they can't find employment in their own country, and their refuge in the U.S. takes advantage of them. They know what Americans doing the same kind of work make, and that has to be fueling a resentment. Consider the demographics of the growth of the hispanic population in the U.S. and this is a time bomb waiting to wreak havoc in the U.S.

We have seen the protests and the waving of Mexican flags. Considering how much the illegals have been exploited here why is it any surprise that they don't see the U.S. as their friend?

Make no mistake, these modern "slaveowners" are damaging us all. They are stealing from all of us in the form of an added burden on the tax system, the presence of these illegals helps keep wages down for everyone, and now, I say that the fastest growing demographic in the U.S. is going to have a major axe to grind later.

How tragic that the people at the highest levels still haven't learned from the mistakes of slavery.

Now before all you liberals start pointing the finger at the Republicans, the fact is their is plenty of blame to go around. As someone else mentioned the Democrats are not saying a whole lot right now as they wait to see how things unfold before they take a position. Make no mistake that with the latest proposal on making English the official language, Harry Reid said it was a racist proposal, translation "Vote Democrat all you hispanics."

The big villains here are President Fox and the corrupt Mexican government, the coyotes who are the modern day slave traders, and those in the U.S. Government who refuse to protect our borders and look the other way while our sovernty is being violated.

...but the biggest villain of all is the modern slave owners...anyone who illegally hires illegal aliens at cheap wages.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Do They Ever Catch Anybody Sneaking Out?