PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

90s Cowboys vs. 00s Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechris

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's probably too early to debate this topic however with the big game this Sunday, it doesn't hurt to ask the question.

Which dynasty is better?

Could BB's defense stop the Triplets?

Re: 90s Cowboys v 00s Patriots

I'd like to think he could, he's stopped other high-flying offenses. It makes no difference, though, and we'll never know if he could. It's also tough to gauge where this dynasty will finish, if they were able to win two more Super Bowls before the end of the decade I think there'd be no question that they were the greatest Super Bowl dynasty ever.

I'm more concerned with the '00s Patriots against the '00s Cowboys right now.

Last edited:

I will admit the Patriots team is better when they win back-to-back Super Bowls (or, at least, 3 in 4 years), or win 12 playoff games over a period of 6 years. Or, win their division 5 times in 6 years.

Last edited:

I don't think the 1990s Smith, Irvin, Aikman combo was any better than James/Addai, Harrison, Manning. The Cowboys had the better offensive line, but their defense wasn't out of this world either.

Im sure BB's defense will cause turnovers and the Pats will get as much points they can to seal the win rather than having the Cowboys trail by 10 points. Don't forget Brady's performance executing and getting points off those turnovers won't be like the Bill's offense and take it for granted.

It's probably too early to debate this topic however with the big game this Sunday, it doesn't hurt to ask the question.

Which dynasty is better?

Could BB's defense stop the Triplets?

Belichick defense could stop the 90's Cowgirls from doing lines and transporting Marijuana.:eek:

Boy this thread is about to get ugly.Let the debate begin.

O-Line of the 90's Cowboys would have been able to gain 100 yards by the 3rd quarter. Aikman, Irvin, Novacek, Harper would have moved the ball at will. Those Boys would no have been outmuscled or manhandled at the LOS. Their defense was not #1 in the league, but they were fast, quick, big hitters (just like this current Colts team). I think their D line was better equipped to stop the run. Too much physicality and too much talent, Boys win.

I would say at this point most people would pick Dallas if only for the sheer amount of talent they possessed on both sides of the ball. That might've been the most talented team of all-time.

New England certainly has the opportunity to make a claim for greatest of all-time should they win more championships, considering they have two championship caliber rivals in Pittsburgh and Indianapolis while Dallas only had one in the 49ers...

Teams vary over the course of a decade.

I think that all three championship Cowboys teams were better than the 2001 Patriots, but none were as good as the 2007 Patriots.

Irrelevent comparison.

The 90's Cowboys should be compared with the 70's Steelers, teams that were absolutely dominant over a short period then began a slow decline.

The 00's Patriots are more like the 80's-90's Niners. Both teams have had dominant stretches. For the Niners, the 88-90 stretch was one of the most dominant periods any team has ever enjoyed, and the 94 team also stands as an all time great.

Our Patriots are eerily similar, they won a premature super bowl with a young quarterback, an old guard of vets, and spare parts. They experienced a stretch of unparalled dominance (the longest winning streak in history). Now they trot out a total juggernaut, deep in every aspect of the game.

What these teams have in common is the "lean" years in between. The Patriots have been in contention every season since 2001. Even if they peak now, and lose vital pieces in the coming years, they have several years of contention in them.

As far as Dallas goes, the Patirots have not maintained that level of talent and dominance for 4 CONSECUTIVE years, like the Cowboys did, but this 2007 team could give any of the INDIVIDUAL Cowboys teams of the 90's a run for their money.

its a good question, that noone will never know..

ask me in a few years when our dynasty is done. I think the answer will be pretty easy.

still won't be answerable. none of the this years, versus the years question is answerable.. there are to many variables.. who knows if the 72 dolphins could have gone undefeated in any other year? noone.

the only way to evaluate anything is to have all the variables be the same, and see how the results differ. thats junier high science.. i can't stand when people ask those questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes