PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9-3 feels great...but something is still missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats, stats....... Why don't you go back and look through who the number one scoring defense was for every year. Then tell me if that team won or appeared in the SB. I am not saying defense does'nt matter, but clutch defense does. Redzone and 3rd down. This team has of late looked better in both regards.
Please don't give me stats. What have you seen recently. For example, Vince Young was 0 for whatever on third down prior to the 4th. Now I might have the wrong game but the point is that as of late early in games they have excelled on third down and red zone as far back as Pitt....

Just wondering but if a offense Like GB has the most turn overs by defense in their favor and are ranked #1.
But a team like NE has the least and ranked #3-4 in offense, then isn't NE actually a better offense because they have to deal with the long field and putting drives together.
While GB is starting on the opposing 20-40?

I mean your #4 in turnovers ,but I was just wondering. Isn't a offense more impressive when they don't have a lot of turnovers but still #1-5 ranked offense ?
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/turnover-margin-per-game

Last edited:
Points allowed:

2006 - 237
2007 - 274
2008 - 309
2009 - 285
2010 - 313
2011 (so far) - 247 (on pace to allow 329)

New England Patriots Team Encyclopedia - Pro-Football-Reference.com

A chart where the stats do not lie, for sure. Somewhat depressing but also a reflection of the rules changes. The trend number would look different if the Pats had just stepped up and held on for the 31-3 win against the Colts.

That "collapse" was the result of personnel experimentation, the defense giving up big plays and the offense going 3-and-out three times in a row in the 4th quarter.

It would be nice to get Chung, McCourty and Spikes up to full-speed by the playoffs so we get a look at the complete defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back