Welcome to PatsFans.com

9/11 Physics

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

On Wednesday, February 1, a quiet, “churchy-looking†gentleman in a white shirt and tie walked into a packed auditorium on the campus of Utah Valley State College and electrified the room like a rock star. The 150-seat auditorium was filled to capacity, with every seat occupied, and people sitting in the aisles from the stage floor to the back of the room. Video cameras on tripods lined the back row. Two documentary-film crews were in attendance, in addition to the school’s camera crew, and various independent journalists. Seven “spill-over†rooms, with seating for 40-50 each, were also filled to capacity. On this very conservative campus (in the most conservative county in the most conservative state in the union), where community leaders pulled out all the stops in 2004 to prevent Michael Moore from speaking as part of his anti-Bush, pro-Kerry “Slacker Uprising Tour,†Dr. Steven Jones, this pious professor from the Mormon Church-owned Brigham Young University, calmly, gently, gave a simple physics lesson on the collapse of the World Trade Center buildings, the implications of which awed the audience with a sense of world-historical significance, and implied an indictment of the present administration so utterly devastating that it made Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 look like a Bush apologia.

Dr. Jones argues that the physics behind the government’s explanation of the collapse of the Twin Towers on September 11 do not make sense, and that a better (and perhaps only) explanation for their collapse was that they were demolished, exactly the way structural engineers bring down large buildings, by pre-positioned explosive devices set off in precise sequences. He argues that the 650 degree Celsius temperature of burning jet fuel would not have been hot enough to even bend the steel girders of the WTC Towers, let alone to melt or evaporate them, as recovered beams indicate. And even if it was hot enough to evaporate the steel, the towers should not have collapsed as they did, pancaking so perfectly into their own footprints. On the rare times when such structures have failed (always due to earthquakes), they have toppled over sideways. The towers would have had to have been perfectly sliced, at every point along a horizontal plane at exactly the same instant, for something even resembling a pancaking effect to occur. And even if they did somehow pancake perfectly into their own footprints due to a structural failure, they would not have done it in the time it took for them to collapse, falling at essentially the speed of an apple dropped from the top of one of the towers, with nothing between it and the ground but thin air. The steel and concrete in the floors that collapsed should have taken some measurable time to break, and thus slowed the collapse somewhat as it unfolded. And even if it did collapse, at super speed, phwack phwack phwack, floor by floor, as fast as an apple falling through the air, impelled by the weight of the decapitated structure above it, its solid steel frame severed like a head by a flaming guillotine, that does not explain the molten steel seen at the Ground Zero clean-up site many days after the event. What could have caused such heat? asked Professor Jones.

And on it went, point by point, for almost two hours. Nothing about the physics of “what we know†about 9/11 seemed to add up. And all that’s not to mention the mysterious collapse of the forgotten WTC-7, the third steel-frame building that imploded due to fire, not only that day, but in the history of architectural design--the building that was not hit by a plane, that was surrounded by other buildings equally impacted but structurally undamaged by the collapse of the towers, that, with no jet fuel or violent impact, but allegedly due to a small number of scattered “debris fires,†collapsed, pancaking perfectly into its own footprint, looking exactly like video images of buildings being demolished by pre-positioned explosive devices. Playing the one available video of WTC-7 collapsing at slow speed, Dr. Jones used his laser pointer to indicate the explosive “squibs†clearly seen shooting their way up the sides of the building as it collapsed from the top center down. He showed still images of similar micro-explosions on the sides of the Twin Towers, with steel beams clearly visible, ejected out of the sides of the buildings, ahead of the dust, blown out before the above portions collapsed.

http://mujca.com/jonesphysics.htm
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

While anything's possible, I tend to think there's too much incompetence and competition in government to engage in a conspiracy of this nature. If Dr. Jones was correct, you would think a lot more physicists would come forward.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Jimmy "Sissy" Carter saw a Flying Saucer.
  4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +859 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

I'm busy for the next day else I'd comment heartily on this nonsense.
    Now we see it's no wonder Glenn saw all those mysterious lights in the sky.
  5. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yep. Anyone that has worked in government (OK, I've only worked in the UK government, but the bureaucracy here is just as bad) would agree that they are incapable of pulling this off. Think about it. You could get an 8 or 9 figure sum for showing that the Bush Administration did 9/11 as an insider. Were it shown to be the case, Bush would face the death penalty. It is clearly not true and no one would accuse me of being a Bush supporter.

I've got some hot news for you. An extremist terrorist group called Al-Qaeda, led by the Saudi Arabian, Usama bin Ladin, did 9/11. Oh, and the USA landed on the moon, not Nevada. The physics of the conspiracy theorists are apparently complete nonsense, as many physicists have apparently shown.
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think its easier if we all just grab our tin foil hats and prepare for the worst.
  7. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It may be fun to dismiss anything that you have already made your mind up on as ridiculous and trivial. Attacking the messenger with snide comments. But, things happened on 9/11 that have not been explained and are too big for a thinking person to overlook. WTC aside there is no way a Jumbo Jet crashed into the Pentagon. All the physical evidence points to almost anything but. The lack of debris, the small hole that we see after the hit. Where an open book was not even singed a Titanium Jet engines supposedly burned to nothing? It's a matter of fact and record Jet fuel can not burn hot enough to disintegrate the engines and yet the engines where not found. Nor was much of any debris found and some of the few items found such as a rim on the lawn was not the right kind for the jet that supposedly crashed there.

I've never put much stock in JFK conspiracies or the like. Heck I don't even believe NFL officials are corrupt. But, from all the facts I've heard and seen there is something we don't know about 9/11. Of that I am 100% convinced.

In Plane Site
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  8. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ya know, I was looking at one of those conspiracy theory websites about shadow govts about a year ago. (not sure which, think it was illuminati news or some such). Usually take most of what they say with a grain, though one would have to be absolutely naive not to think that our govt has been corrupted by certain influential groups for a while now. Hence the reads.

Anyway, I came across an article written during the Clinton admin which predicted fairly closely the 911 tradgedy. Sent shivvers down my spine! Freaked me right out. The only thing they had wrong was the date. It was supposed to happen during the Clinton white house. Considering this article was written before the elections, kinda makes me believe what I just read above. Also makes me think that whoever was in office was gonna lie about it.

The article went on to say that this attack would be carried out in order to instill a sense of martial rule in the country. This would enable the administration in charge to implement new policies restricting the rights and freedoms of citizens. Hmmmmm.....
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +859 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Utter bilge.
    So, what happened to the jet and to the families aboard?
    And the FAA contradicts your wacko assertion.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

There's a lot of secrecy surrounding the Pentagon hit because its a military building that's still being used and the government would prefer that the enemy not know what the best method for destroying it is. The military is funny that way. They'd be sure to ***** if TIME magazine published data that could be used to gameplan an effective attack on their central command facility.
  11. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Yeah tell that to my buddy who carried the bodies of charred children still strapped to an airplane seat from the pentagon. You people are a joke. So hod did they pull the illusions off on the people who watched the planes fly into the buildings? Whats worse is you people come on here and openly admit that you believe this crap. Amazing simply amazing, and you get to vote. One other thing, in the very back portion of the North Parking lot the FBI converted a tow lot into a collection point for the debree from the plane. They put up some of that black lining on the fence but you could still see through it and it was obvious that the majority of the debree stored there was from a plane. Also please explain how the light poles on the road directly in the path of the plane got toppled?
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  12. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I honestly don't know how secret they have kept it, hell they have detailed the layers of protection that the renovation project is accomplishing.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Did any "Bush Haters" in America happen to see those two Big Planes SMASH into the buildings, did any "Bush Haters" see the people floating down flapping their arms trying to fly.

Do the "Bush Haters" remember how other "Bush Haters" and "Anti American Looney's" said we shouldn't put little American Flags on our cars because we were offending "The Enemy".

George Bush didn't like what Jimmy "Sissy" Carter said at the funeral so he has started a Blizzard, the East Coast will be buried.

The Bush family planted dynamite in the Twin Towers, Barbara Bush lit the fuse.
  14. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Utter and complete BS.

Why anyone would even post this garbage is beyond me. What actual film coverage of the planes hitting the towers aren't enough for you? You disgust me. Alot of good people died that day, and they were all killed by Muslim terrorists. To try and blame this on the US or anyone else aiding and assiting thier cause.

I was there! I know people who died! What engineer in his right mind could actually say definitively what the result of a Jumbo Jet loaded with enough jet fuel to make it across the country would do to a building? Do you have any idea how many people worked at the WTC? and you think that somehow the government could go in there and place explosives and no one would see it? Assisine!!!!

No jet flew into the pentagon, what did the government hijack that plane and kill everybody on it?

How can you sleep at night knowing that you have just spit on the grave of 3,000 Americans who did nothing but go to work on a Tuesday morning.

Nice try muslim *******.
  15. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That's the worst bit, the fact that we saw people die and that there are so many witnesses to what happened. It is truly offensive. There are people whose loved ones died in this attack and yet people STILL refuse to believe it.
    I wouldn't worry so much about them getting to vote. After all, they probably believe that the government is run by lizards and therefore it doesn't matter who you vote for.
  16. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't think it is necessarily fair to paint these people as liberals, although they might be. I fully accept that there are SOME liberals out there who think Bush is capable of this and I for one find that offensive and unfair. As you know, I am no fan of him when I say that.
    There are also plenty of survivalist groups out there who voted Bush last time. Their paranoia about Government overrides simple liberal or conservative beliefs and I think this is one issue on which most sane people agree. Paranoia is a "political belief" (I use the term loosely) of its own.

What is also insulting about the conspiracy is that it assumes that people in the military and Intelligence services (who are generally conservative) would take part in this and then keep their mouths shut out of loyalty. That really is offensive, whatever you might think of someone's political beliefs.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

I agree, I didn't say they were Liberals I called them "Bush Hating Anti American Looneys"

There are many good Sensible Patriotic Liberals living in this country but it is always the far left Whacko Liberal that makes all the noise and attracts the attention with their "Babbling Social Do-Gooding Crap", but they can be vicious nasty ba$tards if you don't agree with them. This is what your dealing with now, the "Haters". NEVER EVER TRUST A DO-GOODER they are only out to do good for THEMSELVES.
  18. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like I said, tin foil hats people....
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

They also have been known to wear those little beanie hats with a propellar on top, they wear them when they march on Washington with their "Toys R Us" drums.
  20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't believe the conspiracy theories about it either. Nonetheless, it is difficult to explain alot of the events of that day. One in particular is the WTC tower 7, but another one is the pentagon strike. Just for the sake of seeing what conspiracy theorists are proposing, check out www.loosechange911.com

I'm not buying it, but then again one cannot verify what one cannot observe first hand.

I have wondered what happened to those two titanium turbines- I understand only one was recovered. Mgcolby can probably confirm two since he was there.