Welcome to PatsFans.com

89,000 Jobs Created - NOT 4,000 Jobs Lost

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Oct 5, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where's Mikey to report this news...? Is anyone actually surprised he is nowhere to be seen..? Turns out that "4,000 Lost Jobs in August" stat was totally off. There were actually 89,000 jobs created in August...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S3861G0&show_article=1

"The new job market snapshot released by the Labor Department on Friday showed that employers boosted payrolls by 110,000, the most in one month since last May. In an encouraging note, the economy actually added 89,000 jobs in August. That marked an improvement from the net loss of 4,000 that the government first estimated."

2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh no... my political agenda is ruined... RUINED I TELL YOU!!!:bricks:

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

CNN reported on air yesterday that the number was 105,000 new jobs.

//

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The article is a bit confusing... I think the number is 105,000 (or 110,000, depending on whom you believe) jobs created for September, with a correction that August should have been plus 89,000, not minus 4,000.

The moonbats made such a big deal in here about 4,000 jobs lost - a notion I always found hilarious because even if true, 4,000 jobs is nothing in an economy this size. So where are they now...? Mikey...? ParrotPaul...? PressCoverage...? Patters..? Where y'all at...?

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 5 / -10

No wonder Harry Weasel Reid is going nuts and if that wasn't bad enough Limbaugh kicked his a$s this week.........:rocker:

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where you fellas at..? Where'd y'all go..? Do we need to put out a missing persons alert...?

<crickets>

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

first of all, zip your pants up... it's gross...

second, how can you start a thread by immediately and smarmily asking where your opponents are? lol... i mean, you just created the thread... why don't you take your ritalin, and wait a bit and let people notice it first? ... i mean, sorry i didn't bother to read it right away... for one, the thread title was immediately misleading and i knew it would be goofy... for another, there are other threads to deal with first whereby you and people like you were offering your usual spin and deceit...

lastly, please don't embarrass yourself yet again by crowing over one particular study that suggests a few thousand jobs were "created"... tell us about the quality of those jobs versus those jobs lost and shipped overseas... this may come as a shock to you, but new WalMarts, McDonald's, and QVC call centers are a negative indication of the American job market.... how many of those jobs offered incentives, stock options, 401K, paid vacations, health insurance, etc., versus those taken away?

when you're done flapping your chickenhawk wings over one figure you found providing numbers that make you feel superior inside, reflect for a moment and tell us all about the big picture... oh, wait... nevermind.... you'll spin that too... because why should anyone be "entitled" to insurance besides priviledged white males?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow... thanks for showing us all how "civil" you are. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the liberal moderator will have anything to say about your disgusting, inappropriate remarks you are constantly making... Either he's a complete hypocrite, or he won't allow this sort of remark to pass. So does he let liberals in here get away with anything they want..? I think we all know the answer to that question... I'd be banned, censored, warned, etc, etc if I said such a thing.... Hmmmmm.....

Keep it up, buddy..!! You cannot imagine how much I enjoy it each time you write these types of posts...!! :rofl:

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello..? Hypocritical liberal moderator...? Where you at...? If you decide that that type of vulgar remark is permissible in this forum, then please just let us know so I may use it without consequence....

Oh wait, I get it... this is just another example of Patters "not seeing" the vulgarities of his liberal cohorts... amazing how he seems to miss every single one of theirs...

Nope..!! No double standard at patsfans.com..!!

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

when dealing with inappropriate disgusting people like you (you earned it), i never once said i'd be "civil"... so, right off the bat, you're creating a strawman argument...

anyhow, Qui, with this offering, waves his white flag vigorously, detours from his ambitious, yet pretentious thread... When his chickenhawk wing flapping is blown out of the water, he shifts gears to crying about how he feels he can't be himself ...

tell you what, indignant grade-schooler... address my post, talk about the big picture regarding the U.S. job market, quit complaining for one day in your life, and i'll promise to give myself punishment for taking your behind the woodshed and take a week off ... fair?

once again... you earned it...

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

About 200,000 jobs created in 2 months... and all you have is the same tired old ridiculous liberal talking point "oh... uh.... gee... those aren't real jobs."

Insults in this forum will not be tolerated. At least that's what the liberal moderator keeps telling me, as he is exposed more and more as a hypocrite as time goes by, thanks in large part to your complete lack of civility. Keep it up, buddy..!!
    Newsflash: I gave a statement, I gave supporting data and I gave a link showing the source of my data. You have given absolutely nothing but ridiculous hyperbole (and your usual dose of venom and incivility). Obviously, it is you who are not able to discuss this matter intelligently.

Fact is you haven't done sh*t in this thread but throw out childish insults and then pat yourself on the back for how much you're winning the argument. Even your fellow liberals are embarrassed for you.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

newsflash? lol... you gave data? ... wow... try and follow along...

that was before i responded, calling your "statement" exactly what it was... convenient spin ... from that point on, you baited and antagonized, hoping a liberal poster would chime in so you could feel recognized... then one did, and put your drivel in perspective, challenged you, and what did you do? you abandoned your goofy rhetoric and detoured to stomping your feet and having another hissy fit...

anyhow, when i "provide data" that you so profusely cry for, will you be pretending you didn't read it, like almost every other challenge you've ignored in this thread that doesn't flatter you? you know, such as how you were asked what your point was to baiting liberals in your original post? or how you can't address the quality of these new jobs you're crowing about? you're such a helpless, arm-flailing little angry con man poster... it's just too easy to take you to task...

here are some examples of how Bush-enabled (and Reagan, Bush 41 and Clinton) corporativism is squashing the divide between the haves and the have-nots, creating more and more of the latter each and every month...

http://www.fxstreet.com/futures/market-review/thoughts-from-the-frontline/2007-10-06.html
    The economy needs between 150,000 and 200,000 new jobs each month to simply maintain the employment level, as we add that many new job seekers each month. .... Over the last three months, the new jobs number has averaged 97,000, which is down 25% from the previous three-month increase of 126,000. Not a good trend. Since last May, the number of unemployed has risen by 400,000, while the government has taken 200,000 people off the rolls of those looking for a job. In other words, there are 200,000 people who were looking for a job in May who are not looking for one now. If you are not looking for a job, you are not counted as unemployed. This methodology holds down the headline unemployment rate. ​
    ------------

http://newstandardnews.net/content/index.cfm/items/4517

Mar. 19 – A new analysis has found that some 44 million American jobs – about one out of every three positions in the United States – pays $11.11 per hour or less. ... The economists plotted low-wage work over time since 1979, and found that in the late 1990s low-wage jobs began paying more until 2001, when their wages were up by 5 percent over 1979’s figures. But, according to the report, since then, low-wages have fallen back to almost the 1979 levels.

--------

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2005/09/06/thanking_labor.php

The net result is poorer public services and a big tax-burden shift. Large corporations, with their armies of consultants and accountants, are getting huge tax cuts at the expense of small businesses and working families.

But much of this money is clearly wasted. Companies that get huge subsidies routinely fail to create as many jobs as they promised. Indeed, many actually lay people off, outsource jobs offshore, pay poverty wages and fail to provide health care.

Wal-Mart, for example, gets subsidies through the front door—and the back door. It has benefited from more than $1 billion in bricks-and-mortar subsidies at its stores and warehouses. Yet each Wal-Mart store with 200 workers also costs federal taxpayers an estimated $420,750 a year in hidden costs such as Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance, free school lunches and housing assistance. The retail giant has more than 3,000 stores and seeks to open 300 more a year.​

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your class envy is so ugly... Maybe someday you'll move out of mommy's basement, get a real job and stop being so angry and bitter at the world....

There were a couple hundred thousand jobs created over the past 2 months, when you were complaining about jobs being lost.... your pathetic response was along the lines of "those aren't real jobs!!" or "we need 200,000 jobs per month just to break even..!!"

Unemployment is at a relatively low 4.7% The stock market is soaring to record highs and everyone is optimistic that the mortgage crisis isn't going to be as bad as originally thought. Sure there are problems, such as a weak dollar, but nothing that intelligent hard working people can't deal with. Pansy-ass liberals and little babies living in their mommies' basements are the only ones whining about the economy.

"That new (unemployment) rate of 4.7 percent, the highest since the summer of is still considered low by historical standards." - (Source: Same Article)

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -19

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

This thread has gotten out of hand. PressCoverage please stick to the facts and avoid personal attacks, or this thread will be closed.

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Re: Putting On My Moderator's Hat

it sure seemed closed when i retorted... then he punted and went to the tired "mom's basement" gag ...

for the record, Qui, i have a real job with 401K and full bennies, including visual and dental!! ... who knew, huh?... i know it's hard for you to imagine when you've instead conjured up an image of me for yourself that sufficiently quells your anger...

anyhow, now that the moderator has dressed me down, you can end your bothersome indignance for a time, yes?... what do you say? i'll stop taking you on, and you stop challenging the moderator who grants you the PRIVILEDGE to post here... olive branch? because i have no problem whatsoever sticking to the facts... how bout you?... heck, we can even attempt to be civil to one another without accepting that bet about taking an extended vacation...

before i address the rest of your post, can you expand further please about what you mean by this part?

when was i complaining flatly about jobs being lost?... i don't remember ever being part of that line of thinking in a thread here... perhaps so, but could you show me where i said such?... i mean, maybe i did... and if so, i'll grant you that point... i guess...

what i remember suggesting -- here, or on any forum or conversation i participate in -- is that 'good jobs' were being lost and craptacular jobs were springing up everwhere... i don't believe there's really any legit argument against that theory about the American job market ... do you? ... do you believe corporate america is taking care of the american worker, overall?

i can tell you right now that that -- good jobs lost -- is exactly what is happening in newsrooms and media companies everywhere... and also in IT departments... transportation and delivery services... those are just a few occupations i have intimate knowledge of, myself... but it's happening everywhere, and i hear it everywhere, in every line of work... full-timers are quitting/retiring/taking buy-outs, their salary is not being replaced and, instead, as i like to call it, those pay slots are being consolidated or absorbed ... all while subscriptions increase and advertising cost soars, as is the case in my industry...

what is happening? more companies are relying a combination of two things: 1) an army of 'part-timers' and sub-contractors' who fall just under the 37 hour full-time status... 2) 150% more work and longer hours heaped upon the surviving staff left behind (downsizing)... and, before you say "it's always been that way," sorry, but it's not even remotely comparable to how is was just 10-15 years ago... my media company alone had 3 "stringers" at most in the early 90s... now there are over 15... and they're relied on to do almost everything that full-timers do... and with the cost of living the way it is today, there's plenty of takers for extra part-time work who can pass on benefits and paid holiday... plenty...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007