PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#85...better late than never?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPats1

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Ok I know we are sick of it. But it was either this or the Moss thread :D

Anyway, lets be real, the chances Chad actually contributes big time are slim to none, but how glorious would it be, if in the last game of the season, with everything on the line, he comes through in dramatic fashion and helps spark us on offense?

We've all seen his comments about being humbled, he's been solid citizen off the field, buying the team head phones, he's done everything you could ask except produce on the field (the most important part lol)

If there was ever a way to make us all forget about his lack of production, it would be be huge next Sunday, and here's my thinking:

This isn't breaking news, we all know what NY is going to do on D. Maningi described it last week: Giants are going to put 8 in the box and make it really cloudy in the middle of the field between the numbers, the area where NE usually owns with Welker and the TE's. Put frankly he said the WR's for NE have to make plays and win their matchup b/c they will have many opportunities one on one.

Just saw part of Rodney interview with BB on NBC, asked what are you going to do about the pass rush, said we got to get WR's open fast and get the ball out fast. With Gronk maybe not 100%, we need a surprise factor, something unexpected, I think he can do it.

Florio has mentioned this a couple of times on his show, "I just feel like BB has kept this guy around because he thinks he can play a role in a big moment..."

Will it happen? who knows... even if he does nothing, it was a privilege to make the final "Chad Ochocinco possible breakout game?" thread!

GO PATS!!!

Ok I know we are sick of it. But it was either this or the Moss thread :D

Anyway, lets be real, the chances Chad actually contributes big time are slim to none, but how glorious would it be, if in the last game of the season, with everything on the line, he comes through in dramatic fashion and helps spark us on offense?

We've all seen his comments about being humbled, he's been solid citizen off the field, buying the team head phones, he's done everything you could ask except produce on the field (the most important part lol)

If there was ever a way to make us all forget about his lack of production, it would be be huge next Sunday, and here's my thinking:

This isn't breaking news, we all know what NY is going to do on D. Maningi described it last week: Giants are going to put 8 in the box and make it really cloudy in the middle of the field between the numbers, the area where NE usually owns with Welker and the TE's. Put frankly he said the WR's for NE have to make plays and win their matchup b/c they will have many opportunities one on one.

Just saw part of Rodney interview with BB on NBC, asked what are you going to do about the pass rush, said we got to get WR's open fast and get the ball out fast. With Gronk maybe not 100%, we need a surprise factor, something unexpected, I think he can do it.

Florio has mentioned this a couple of times on his show, "I just feel like BB has kept this guy around because he thinks he can play a role in a big moment..."

Will it happen? who knows... even if he does nothing, it was a privilege to make the final "Chad Ochocinco possible breakout game?" thread!

GO PATS!!!

Who cares? He is an end of the bench guy. There are 40 more important layers on the team to discuss.

Game plan has been installed. He sees he's part of it. He's upbeat. Knows he's going to contribute. Something's up.

I just dont see it.

The Pats go with the odds. They go to who they have depended on in the past. If a player produces, they give him more chances.

To me, it makes no sense to suddenly depend on Chad Jackson in the biggest game of the season.

They're going to have to change it up some- they lost earlier this year, And Gronk may be limited.

Game plan has been installed. He sees he's part of it. He's upbeat. Knows he's going to contribute. Something's up.

Maybe he met Randy Moss and TO at Starbucks?

lol @ pats fans... lets see .. 4 pre-season, 16 regular season, 2 playoffs .. so 22 weeks of game action, and still hasn't been a factor ... :(

Not saying he's going to be MVP, but the Giants will pay for ignoring him.

i agree. I think he's going to be a bigger part of the game plan with Gronk hurting and all. He's going to have to step it up. Hopefully if he's out there the Giants will leave him open and WHAM Brady hit's him for a forty yard gain. :D

He'll probably have 2-3 catches for roughly 30-40 yds. I don't have high hopes that he'll be a major factor in this game.

I think Ocho can play a very big part in the game. Guy has been in the NFL a long time. Would love to see the Patriots find him deep early in the game. Planting the seed with the Giants that they need to keep an eye on Ocho only helps the offense.
The Patriots need to utilize everyone on offense. If they do they win this game and rather easily.

His first quarter catch and run in the second Jet game got us going, and symbolized Brady's flummoxing of the Rex Ryan D.

Maybe BB told Josh McD to figure out how to get 85 ino the gameplan.

I think Ocho can play a very big part in the game. Guy has been in the NFL a long time. Would love to see the Patriots find him deep early in the game. Planting the seed with the Giants that they need to keep an eye on Ocho only helps the offense.
The Patriots need to utilize everyone on offense. If they do they win this game and rather easily.

Agreed. On pla-action. They may want him in man to man against a particular cornerback.

I don't know why fans are such haters of Chad....like seriously? I hope he is a major factor regardless. I want my favorite team to win, and if Chad can do that, I am all for it. I think he can contribute a lot and help the Pats take shots down the field because they are going to need to in order to win this game. No way are the Giants going to let Gronk/ Hernandez nickle and dime them down the field.

Maybe BB told Josh McD to figure out how to get 85 ino the gameplan.

Why wouldn't BB talk to his offensive coordinator about this?

I don't know. If Ocho gets any play time he better be ready for it this time.
This is the Superbowl and our organization has a LOT on the line. It may not be for 19-0 but there's a lot of important sub text to this game and a loss would be disastrous to the reputation of the New England Patriots.

We can't afford to waste any plays.
Not one.

All of those reasons would also have been reasons to use him in the regular season or the playoff games.
No one is going to change their coverage call because Chad 85 is on the field. Underwood will get the exact same coverage running the same routes as 85.

He won't be a big part of the plan ... but I hope he takes advantage of the plays he has ... he will never forget those for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes